360haven works best with JavaScript enabled
Microsoft kicks off Dream Build Play 2011 with $75K prize pool
Register

Hybrid View

VIP Member

Array

Microsoft kicks off Dream Build Play 2011 with $75K prize pool

Registration for Microsoft's fifth annual Dream Build Play competition opened today. Submissions will be accepted from May 17 through June 14.

Dream Build Play challenges amateur developers to create a game using Microsoft's XNA Game Studio and rewards winners with a cash prize and "the opportunity" for an Xbox Live Arcade publishing contract (though it's a big commitment, previous winner James Silva warns). A total of $75,000 will be up for grabs this year, with $40,000 going to the grand prize winner, $20K to first prize, $10K to second and the remaining $5K to the third prize winner.

Last year's grand prize winner, Lumi (pictured), is available now as an Xbox Live Indie Game. Previous winners include Dust: An Elysian Tale and Silva's The Dishwasher: Dead Samurai. The latter was released on XBLA and its sequel is in the works, while Dust should arrive on XBLA in the near future.

Those wishing to enter this year's competition should head over to the Dream Build Play website.
    Downloads : 7 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 6931 || Posts : 1,940 || Thanks : 96 || Thanked 568 Times in 319 Posts

Haven Donator

Array
    Damn, if only I had more experience in the coding side, I would enter that. Oh well maybe next year depending
    Downloads : 8 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 5573 || Posts : 713 || Thanks : 107 || Thanked 79 Times in 53 Posts

Hoshikage

Array
    Quote Originally Posted by Paprika View Post
    Damn, if only I had more experience in the coding side, I would enter that. Oh well maybe next year depending
    It's not too late. c# is your best friend when it comes to games.
    Downloads : 69 || Uploads : 22 || Rep Power : 8220 || Posts : 2,733 || Thanks : 557 || Thanked 2,980 Times in 735 Posts

## If you don't Contribute || Help - Why should I Contribute || Help - Leechers Should not be helped ##

Haven Donator

Array
    Quote Originally Posted by pureIso View Post
    Thats true C# and C++ are both major elements to scripting, but even if I did learn and complete something, it wouldn't be finished until after the deadline. Though I will watch this quite closely, and get some ideas so hopefully I can try my hand next year
    Downloads : 8 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 5573 || Posts : 713 || Thanks : 107 || Thanked 79 Times in 53 Posts

Haven Donator

Array
    Quote Originally Posted by pureIso View Post
    Thats true C# and C++ are both major elements to scripting, but even if I did learn and complete something, it wouldn't be finished until after the deadline. Though I will watch this quite closely, and get some ideas so hopefully I can try my hand next year