360haven works best with JavaScript enabled
Modding Game models on a Jtagged xbox360?
Register
    ~Vonkova~

Modding Game models on a Jtagged xbox360?

Please note: If this is in the wrong section, I apologize. If so please tell me "Kindly" and I will request it to be in the right section. Thanks. (No need to flame me for a simple mistake)

Ok, so recently I have been seeing a couple threads referring to modding Xbox360 game models on Jtags.
    What I mean by this is simply, Changing the skins of certain models, or making an entirely new model and replacing it with the old previous model. (For example: The Nude mods that some people have been talking about.)

Apparently this works for Jtagged Xbox360's. From what I have gathered information on this, is that there has to be atleast a "PC" Version of the game that will be modified. Modify the model texture there and somehow convert it back to its original format, then place that modified model/texture in the right directory for that game to replace the old one.
    (I may be wrong about this, but this is just what I have gathered.)

Now, What I dont understand is. I cant seem to find any model or texture related files for the Xbox version.
    Or, even know how to begin on doing this. If you would somehow convert the texture file to a .png image. and modify it there, then convert it back to its original format. Or, if there is an entirely different way on doing this.

If someone here knows exactly how to do this, Or has a valid link that they can provide, I would Greatly appreciate it.
    Thank you in advance.

~Vonkova

Array
    Im not sure about the jtag side of this modding but for most games the files are encrypted and some like capcom's games have different encryption on the files depending on what console there on the xbox one was changed after dmc4 for all new capcom games which is why there are model swaps etc on the pc but not on xbox.

ps A good site to visit/ask about models etc is http://www.xentax.com/ they work on tools etc for extracting models and data from games.

~Vonkova~
    Quote Originally Posted by jordanpower6 View Post
    Im not sure about the jtag side of this modding but for most games the files are encrypted and some like capcom's games have different encryption on the files depending on what console there on the xbox one was changed after dmc4 for all new capcom games which is why there are model swaps etc on the pc but not on xbox.

ps A good site to visit/ask about models etc is http://www.xentax.com/ they work on tools etc for extracting models and data from games.
    Ah ok, tyvm for the reply.. Now time to research the formats :( this isnt gunna be fun lol.