360haven works best with JavaScript enabled
Well i give up on dragons dogma modding. - Page 3
Register
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Reborn Archangel

Re: Well i give up on dragons dogma modding.

Quote Originally Posted by Idlehands88 View Post
    Once again, I NEVER MADE AN EDITOR FOR DRAGON'S DOGMA........
    hahah. Idle's right. He didn't make an editor for DD. No, that would be Jizzabeez or PUR3 RAF3X. Idle just made a couple tutorials and an amazing starter save. give credit where credit is due.

i didnt leave another editor's name out did i? well, if i did. kudos to them too.

Array

you can alway use idlehands88 started save it pretty much give you the best gear and uber arisan. If you find the arisan too powerfull you can mod his stats back to normal. That really easy to mod

Array

BTW what happen to Idlehands88 starter save cannnot find it anymore. I remember it use to have a thread of it own's.

Vexed

It's really really simple actually, although I was also confused about "extracing DD_Savedata" but with 5 minutes of google I found you had to extract data from the Xbox360 file structure.

Quick tutorial:

1. Put an USB in your Xbox, let it format and prepare it for an Xbox360, go to settings->system->storage->hard drive->games and apps->dragons dogma->saved data->copy -- then copy that to your USB.

2. Put USB in computer, open horizon, go to your save data and double click on it, then go to the contents tab, right click the DD_Savedata file in contents and extract it.

3. Open up the editor(jizzabeez), make whatever changes you want, finding your stats, gold and rift crystal amount is really easy, it's all in plain text. When its done click on File->Save.

4. Open up Horizon again, go back to the contents tab and right click the DD_Savedata again, but this time choose the replace option with the file you edited. Next click on the rehash, redesign big red button thing, once that is also done close horizon and put your USB back into the Xbox360.

5. Start game, load it from your USB to check if it's all working, it's better to corrupt the save on the USB than your real save on the harddrive. Then after you can copy the USB save over to the harddrive, as explained earlier.

As for adding items, get the excel spreadsheet on this forum with the item list since it already has the item codes converted from hex to decimal form. And the easiest and safest way is to prepare your save with un-equiping everything ingame and put it into storage(you shouldnt have anything equipped and a clean inventory), then you got to the armory guy caxton and just buy one of each of as much cheap stuff you can find. Then you just edit the numerical number to the item you actually want.

XboxRainbowMods

Quote Originally Posted by HeWhoDied View Post
    After about 20 tries(give or take one or two) I was not able to mod my save without the xbox thinking the save didnt even exist. At times it would say corrupted bla bla but other times it wouldnt even read the save as if it wasnt on my hard-drive. There was one point where i only modded the money and it still didnt work.

I wasnt using jezabeez's editor but used pur3's instead. Not sure if that means anything but Im not even gonna bother. Ive got a thread up if anyone wants to wing it for me but otherwise ill just rock this game legit.
    20 times is not enough to give up bro... you just research what it is that could be the hurdle and then crush it or go over / around it. Practice and talking to other people who have successfully modded what you're trying to mod is the way to go. Look... there's this little retarded game called Dungeon Defenders.. and not to tut my own horn, but random people treat me like I'm a legend or something in there... and I... ME... just started modding with hexadecimal less than 6 months ago... I didn't even know what A, B, C, D, E, F in hex meant... believe me. But I Google'd my ASS off... Now I've flashed my own xbox, playing backedup XGD3 games, hexing the crap out of Dungeon Defenders still, and learning how to make applications (game editors) in Visual Basic and learning about checksum algorithms... so if I can do this in less than 6 months, you sure as hell can learn to mod Dragon's Dogma too! If you want to... but see that is key... you can't choose to give up. You have to conquer! And you can do it! If you can do addition and subtraction, you can hex edit!

... my pep talk. :)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123