PS3 Game Genie
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: PS3 Game Genie

The Immortal God
    Rpg_Fan

Array
    Twitter: @

PS3 Game Genie

Remember that thread about the game genie revival, well they are making a ps3 version, im so excited XD, finally i will be able to edit my ps3 games :D, here is a video for it, added another video:

here are some things to know:

There have been numerous questions that a lot have you been asking regarding the Game Genie: Save Editor for PS3, and we would like to take the time out to address the most frequently asked questions that you all have had about the Game Genie: Save Editor for PS3.

Q. How does the Game Genie: Save Editor PS3 work?

A. The Game Genie: Save Editor for PS3 allows you to transfer your save files from your PS3 to your PC in order to write codes onto the save file that unlock a variety of enhancements like max money or max experience.

Q. Will the Game Genie: Save Editor for PS3 interfere with online gameplay?

A. No. The enhancements are not designed to carry over to online gameplay. As such, the enhancements should not interfere or affect online gameplay. If we find any that do affect online multi-player gameplay, we will block those cheats.

Q. Will the Game Genie: Save Editor for PS3 interfere with trophy acquisition?

A. Yes. Most of the enhancements will disable majority of the trophy acquisitions. Because the trophy system is based on achieving certain accomplishments under certain conditions, some of the enhancements of the Game Genie: Save Editor for PS3 will disrupt some of those conditions and make many trophies unobtainable. Some trophies will still be obtainable even with enhancements on, such as obtaining a certain item at a shop that was obtained using a max amount of money.

Q. But I want my trophies! How do I go back and make my enhanced save file able to earn trophies again?

A. The PC program installed on the Game Genie: Save Editor for PS3 keeps a back-up of every unedited save file before writing new enhancements on them if the option is turned on (it is turned on by default). The original save file will be in a back up folder on your PC; the original, unedited one will be the one saved at the earliest date.

Q. Does the Game Genie have a hexdecimal editor?

A. Yes, the Game Genie program has a hexdecimal editor that you can use to create your own codes.

Q. Will the Game Genie be able to unlock on-disc DLC?

A. No. You will not be able to unlock on-disc DLC with the Game Genie: Save Editor.

Q. When will it be released?

A. Our target release date at this time is the first week of July 2012.

Q. How much will it cost?

A. The MSRP of the Game Genie: Save Editor for PS3 is $29.99

Q. Is it okay to cheat at my games?

A. Who’s to say what’s right and what’s wrong in how you play video games? You’re free to do whatever you want to make gaming as fun as possible!

Source: http://hyperkin.com/blog/2012/06/gam...r-for-ps3-faq/

Here is some more info:

Game Genie: Save Editor for PS3

Save yourself the time having to grind for better stats, higher levels or more gold or treasures! The Game Genie: Save Editor for PS3 gives you access to infinite lives, infinite money and maxed out stats so you can breeze past all those boring parts of the game. Optimized to work with the latest PS3 firmware, the Game Genie is an easy-to-use program that doesn’t require jailbreaking or modding your PS3. The Game Genie: Save Editor for PS3 works by allowing you to modify your saves on your PC with cheat codes that take effect once you load your game. Just pick the game you want to modify and the cheats you want and you’re set! Unlock Everything!

Features:

Loads, uploads and backs up your save data
    All-in-one USB drive to transfer saves from PS3 to PC for easy modification
    Automatic Profile Reassignment
    Unlocks secret content from weapons, levels, items, etc.
    Ability to trade game saves with other players
    Secure access to the world’s premier cheat database with hundreds of available cheats
    Live RSS feed continuously updated with the newest cheats for the newest games
    Free updates via www.thegamegenie.com

Requirements:

PC required. Not compatible with MAC or Linux

What’s Included:

1 GB USB Flash Drive pre-loaded with Game Genie Software
    Enough storage space for hundreds of save files.
    Instruction Manual

Source: http://thegamegenie.com/site/ps3/

This will release July 17th at the price of $29.99, you can pre-order now on amazon: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B008J16AGA/..._AChaqb0J2DWH5 and on this site also: http://www.videogameall.com/ps3-acce...r-for-ps3.html ive already pre-ordered from amazon
    Last edited by CloudStrife7x; 07-15-2012 at 11:43 PM.
    Downloads : 157 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 24524 || Posts : 18,751 || Thanks : 4,451 || Thanked 3,096 Times in 2,607 Posts

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to CloudStrife7x For This Useful Post:

DarkOne
    Array

Re: PS3 Game Genie

As long as we can enjoy our SP games like that without having to grind out mad hours for XP. I'm all up for this device on all consoles.
    It's only for MP, where, I would hope that people use it in moderation, or not at all, so as not to wreck the online experience for others.
    I'll most likely wait a while before I get this, but then again, if it allows for some mad modifications aside from cheating like GGenie/GShark/Exploder/Action Replay and the like did in the past, I'll be getting it Day 1.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Crimi Martin For This Useful Post:

Bear Hugs

Array

Well this is excellent to know about this, Mr. Cloud. Now people that have a PS3, can have fun cheating at their own games. (SP of course)
    Downloads : 23 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 6605 || Posts : 1,934 || Thanks : 150 || Thanked 216 Times in 189 Posts

I've given you knowledge and wisdom. Different places we come from, but open arms we accept.- My Mentor

6. The Following User Says Thank You to revsix6 For This Useful Post:

The Immortal God
    Rpg_Fan

Array

Quote Originally Posted by Crimi Martin View Post
    As long as we can enjoy our SP games like that without having to grind out mad hours for XP. I'm all up for this device on all consoles.
    It's only for MP, where, I would hope that people use it in moderation, or not at all, so as not to wreck the online experience for others.
    I'll most likely wait a while before I get this, but then again, if it allows for some mad modifications aside from cheating like GGenie/GShark/Exploder/Action Replay and the like did in the past, I'll be getting it Day 1.
    they said that they will not effect multiplayer, they are making sure not to do code that will effect online/mp mode of games and check there site out, there are list of games and codes they will have, more will be added :D, you can even add your own codes to the game genie: http://thegamegenie.com/site/cheat-c...tation3/codes/
    Downloads : 157 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 24524 || Posts : 18,751 || Thanks : 4,451 || Thanked 3,096 Times in 2,607 Posts

8. The Following User Says Thank You to CloudStrife7x For This Useful Post:

Retired Staff

Array
    It's about time :D great info cloud good looking out bro this is awesome to know I'm getting this baby too.
    Downloads : 47 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 15559 || Posts : 10,471 || Thanks : 3,231 || Thanked 1,396 Times in 1,224 Posts

10. The Following User Says Thank You to thegutta For This Useful Post:

Gfx Artist

Array

Quote Originally Posted by CloudStrife7x View Post
    Remember that thread about the game genie revival, well they are making a ps3 version, im so excited XD, finally i will be able to edit my ps3 games :D, here is a video for it:

here are some things to know:

There have been numerous questions that a lot have you been asking regarding the Game Genie: Save Editor for PS3, and we would like to take the time out to address the most frequently asked questions that you all have had about the Game Genie: Save Editor for PS3.

Q. How does the Game Genie: Save Editor PS3 work?

A. The Game Genie: Save Editor for PS3 allows you to transfer your save files from your PS3 to your PC in order to write codes onto the save file that unlock a variety of enhancements like max money or max experience.

Q. Will the Game Genie: Save Editor for PS3 interfere with online gameplay?

A. No. The enhancements are not designed to carry over to online gameplay. As such, the enhancements should not interfere or affect online gameplay. If we find any that do affect online multi-player gameplay, we will block those cheats.

Q. Will the Game Genie: Save Editor for PS3 interfere with trophy acquisition?

A. Yes. Most of the enhancements will disable majority of the trophy acquisitions. Because the trophy system is based on achieving certain accomplishments under certain conditions, some of the enhancements of the Game Genie: Save Editor for PS3 will disrupt some of those conditions and make many trophies unobtainable. Some trophies will still be obtainable even with enhancements on, such as obtaining a certain item at a shop that was obtained using a max amount of money.

Q. But I want my trophies! How do I go back and make my enhanced save file able to earn trophies again?

A. The PC program installed on the Game Genie: Save Editor for PS3 keeps a back-up of every unedited save file before writing new enhancements on them if the option is turned on (it is turned on by default). The original save file will be in a back up folder on your PC; the original, unedited one will be the one saved at the earliest date.

Q. Does the Game Genie have a hexdecimal editor?

A. Yes, the Game Genie program has a hexdecimal editor that you can use to create your own codes.

Q. Will the Game Genie be able to unlock on-disc DLC?

A. No. You will not be able to unlock on-disc DLC with the Game Genie: Save Editor.

Q. When will it be released?

A. Our target release date at this time is the first week of July 2012.

Q. How much will it cost?

A. The MSRP of the Game Genie: Save Editor for PS3 is $29.99

Q. Is it okay to cheat at my games?

A. Who’s to say what’s right and what’s wrong in how you play video games? You’re free to do whatever you want to make gaming as fun as possible!

Source: http://hyperkin.com/blog/2012/06/gam...r-for-ps3-faq/

Here is some more info:

Game Genie: Save Editor for PS3

Save yourself the time having to grind for better stats, higher levels or more gold or treasures! The Game Genie: Save Editor for PS3 gives you access to infinite lives, infinite money and maxed out stats so you can breeze past all those boring parts of the game. Optimized to work with the latest PS3 firmware, the Game Genie is an easy-to-use program that doesn’t require jailbreaking or modding your PS3. The Game Genie: Save Editor for PS3 works by allowing you to modify your saves on your PC with cheat codes that take effect once you load your game. Just pick the game you want to modify and the cheats you want and you’re set! Unlock Everything!

Features:

Loads, uploads and backs up your save data
    All-in-one USB drive to transfer saves from PS3 to PC for easy modification
    Automatic Profile Reassignment
    Unlocks secret content from weapons, levels, items, etc.
    Ability to trade game saves with other players
    Secure access to the world’s premier cheat database with hundreds of available cheats
    Live RSS feed continuously updated with the newest cheats for the newest games
    Free updates via www.thegamegenie.com

Requirements:

PC required. Not compatible with MAC or Linux

What’s Included:

1 GB USB Flash Drive pre-loaded with Game Genie Software
    Enough storage space for hundreds of save files.
    Instruction Manual

Source: http://thegamegenie.com/site/ps3/

Also this will release the first week of July at the price of $29.99 :D, im definitely getting it
    not a bad fine cloud great share
    Downloads : 83 || Uploads : 1 || Rep Power : 5598 || Posts : 779 || Thanks : 180 || Thanked 68 Times in 54 Posts

Come and play Jade Dynasty with me! its really fun F2P game
    In USA-West Doom Bog, my name is voidmage. My Inductor ID is 2181857X052400011008721Z7da1fb

12. The Following User Says Thank You to voidmage09 For This Useful Post:

JENGA MASTER SUPREME
    Emerald Lance

Array

Alright, I'll admit it. My initial reservations about this are gone. I thought it was gonna be a RAM editor (like Action Replay and Gameshark), I had no idea it was gonna be a simple save editor. This levels the playing field between consoles (in regards to save modding) quite a bit. It also helps keep online play strictly legitimate, which is nice. I'm all for this thing now. ^-^

Nice share, Cloud. Thanks.
    Downloads : 22 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 6901 || Posts : 1,834 || Thanks : 436 || Thanked 633 Times in 307 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SaiyanPrince302, commenting on how to become a Super Saiyan,
    "I know where these guys are going, but in all seriousness, just trying to imagine loved ones being killed almost never works. Be a man and travel into space and shoot at asteroids until you get yourself in an actual life threatening situation."
    --Gamefaqs.com

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Emerald Lance For This Useful Post:

Follow the Buzzards
    SterlingArcher

Array

2 questions

1) does it work with stock ps3's?
    2) will this be sold in stores? (best buy/walmart/target/gamestop)
    Downloads : 140 || Uploads : 4 || Rep Power : 8647 || Posts : 3,353 || Thanks : 1,204 || Thanked 1,445 Times in 637 Posts

16. The Following User Says Thank You to BrayWyatt For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast