Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    The Immortal God
    Rpg_Fan

Array
    Twitter: @

Final Fantasy VII

No 'Final Fantasy VII' remake until original is bettered, says Square

Final Fantasy VII will only be remade once the series improves, Square Enix has revealed.
    Square Enix CEO Yoichi Wada told shareholders that a new Final Fantasy game must exceed VII before a remake can be considered, reports Andriasang.

Admitting that recent Final Fantasy releases have failed to match VII's quality, Wada said that a remake in the series' current state would spell the end for the franchise.
    The news comes after a leaked report suggested Final Fantasy VII would be re-released on PC with new features.
    The re-release will reportedly add 36 achievements, cloud saving and profile sharing with friends.
    A 'Character Boost' feature will also be introduced, allowing players to increase their HP, MP or Gil to their maximum if they're stuck.
    The feature listing suggests a release on digital distribution service Steam, which was linked to a possible Final Fantasy VII re-release last year.
    A PC version of the critically-acclaimed role-playing game was originally made available one year after the PlayStation version's 1997 release.
    This enhanced port will be available for £7.99. No US pricing has been revealed.
    A full remake has been heavily requested by fans in recent years, but Square Enix has said it would be unrealistic.

Source: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/n...ys-square.html

My thoughts: i hope Yoichi Wada stays true to his word that if any of the new final fantasy games that comes out surpass FFVII then they will finally consider a remake, but the way the current/new FF games are going doesnt look like that will happen anytime soon XD, my hope is that Final Fantasy Versus XIII will surpass it but i doubt it will XD
    Downloads : 157 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 24476 || Posts : 18,751 || Thanks : 4,451 || Thanked 3,096 Times in 2,607 Posts

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CloudStrife7x For This Useful Post:

Gfx Artist

Array

Re: Final Fantasy VII

so about post made http://www.360haven.com/forums/showt...orm&highlight= is not goign happed or am i reading ur post wrong
    Downloads : 83 || Uploads : 1 || Rep Power : 5551 || Posts : 779 || Thanks : 180 || Thanked 68 Times in 54 Posts

Come and play Jade Dynasty with me! its really fun F2P game
    In USA-West Doom Bog, my name is voidmage. My Inductor ID is 2181857X052400011008721Z7da1fb

4. The Following User Says Thank You to voidmage09 For This Useful Post:

The Immortal God
    Rpg_Fan

Array

Quote Originally Posted by voidmage09 View Post
    so about post made http://www.360haven.com/forums/showt...orm&highlight= is not goign happed or am i reading ur post wrong
    they are re-releasing Final Fantasy VII for pc, but its not going to have upgraded graphics or anything added to the story, its still the same game XD, the only thing they are adding is achievements(through steam probably) and character booster, which will allow you to boost stats(something that is not needed lol), so yeah its not a remake just a re-release, Bongmantv posted here of Square Enix confirming it:

http://www.360haven.com/forums/showt...246#post119246
    Last edited by CloudStrife7x; 07-05-2012 at 10:05 PM.
    Downloads : 157 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 24476 || Posts : 18,751 || Thanks : 4,451 || Thanked 3,096 Times in 2,607 Posts

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CloudStrife7x For This Useful Post:

Haven's Warrior lv46

Array

This is my favourite game of all time, my mates were out drinking on the park I was at home fighting the ultimate weapons. I also think if they remade FF7 and fucked it up they would lose most of thier fan base.
    Downloads : 16 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 5451 || Posts : 694 || Thanks : 405 || Thanked 276 Times in 145 Posts

The Immortal God
    Rpg_Fan

Array

Quote Originally Posted by Bongmantv View Post
    This is my favourite game of all time, my mates were out drinking on the park I was at home fighting the ultimate weapons. I also think if they remade FF7 and fucked it up they would lose most of thier fan base.
    yeah i agree, all i would want is them to do is remake it in hd graphics, thats it, leave everything else alone, cause its already awesome as is :D

Program Engineer
    Jappi88

Array

im waiting for FFVII a long time now :P 7 years to be exact :P , hope to experience it before i die :P
    Downloads : 166 || Uploads : 31 || Rep Power : 8667 || Posts : 1,660 || Thanks : 188 || Thanked 10,799 Times in 600 Posts

Programming is 10% science, 20% ingenuity, and 70% getting the ingenuity to work with the science.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Programming is like sex:
    One mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life.

The Immortal God
    Rpg_Fan

Array

Quote Originally Posted by Jappi88 View Post
    im waiting for FFVII a long time now :P 7 years to be exact :P , hope to experience it before i die :P
    lol you and me both :P

Haven Donator
    Array

How can you surpass FFVII ? I dont think any FF game can surpass it. We will probably never get a remake of FF7 IMO...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast