360haven works best with JavaScript enabled
What USB do you use for your Xbox 360?
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Array

What USB do you use for your Xbox 360?

K guys, I have using my PNY 8GB USB for modding on my Xbox for almost a year and it runs fine, and I have never had a problem with it...until I left it in my laptop and somebody somehow messed it up badly by hitting it or something. Now the USB in is some very rough shape but It still works properly (Im afraid that one day it wont). I was thinking of using my other Sandisk 8GB USB but when formatted it said that there may be some problems, and what do you know, I couldn't even load up my save for Dungeon Defenders. So what USB should I buy? What do you use, and have you ever had any problems with it? Thanks
    Downloads : 3 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 4671 || Posts : 218 || Thanks : 54 || Thanked 175 Times in 17 Posts

Retired Staff

Array
    Twitter: @
    I Use A Sony Micro Vault Click 16 GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive with Virtual Expander USM16GL Sony N Never Had A Problem So Far So Good :D
    Downloads : 47 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 15501 || Posts : 10,471 || Thanks : 3,231 || Thanked 1,396 Times in 1,224 Posts

Haven Donator
    Array

Re: What USB do you use for your Xbox 360?

I still have my 2 GB Sandisk and i've used it since 2007. That little things seen everything from hex editing Call of Duty 4 for God mode, to modding coins on Lollipop Chainsaw. If something were to happen to it, I think I would cry.
    Downloads : 78 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 5051 || Posts : 294 || Thanks : 361 || Thanked 62 Times in 41 Posts

The Immortal God
    Rpg_Fan

Array
    Twitter: @

I use a 2gb micro center usb, has worked awesomely for me, i used it since microsoft added usb support :)
    Downloads : 157 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 24466 || Posts : 18,751 || Thanks : 4,451 || Thanked 3,096 Times in 2,607 Posts

Array

So would any 2.0 Flash Drive work well? Because my SanDisk didn't
    Downloads : 3 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 4671 || Posts : 218 || Thanks : 54 || Thanked 175 Times in 17 Posts

Array

Also, If when formatting a USB to your Xbox, and it says it doesn't meet the recommendations, does that really matter? If it does how can you prevent this from happening without spending twice as much for an Xbox SanDisk USB rather than a regular USB.

Haven Donator
    modder

Array

Quote Originally Posted by Zaid View Post
    Also, If when formatting a USB to your Xbox, and it says it doesn't meet the recommendations, does that really matter? If it does how can you prevent this from happening without spending twice as much for an Xbox SanDisk USB rather than a regular USB.
    I got this message when using my flash drive that came with Sims 3 for pc. Using it anyway and have never had any problems.

Haven Donator
    Array

I had a 2.0 Kingston 16gb for awhile. But all of a sudden when i would put it into the xbox it would say its unformatted. But the data was still on the USB so that go annoying. Then i just caved in and bought the official Xbox 360 USB from scan disk. And Ive had it for a month now and its still working great

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast