OtakuGeneral

Re: Recommend me some anime

Samurai Deeper Kyo - Samurai
    Kage Kara Mamoru - Ninja
    Rurouni Kenshin - Samurai
    Hakuoki - Samurai
    Sword of the Stranger - (Movie) - Samurai
    Tenjho Tenge - Various styles of martial arts - ecchi warning

if your interested in other genre's i've got tons except for yaoi, shounen ai, or horror

2. The Following User Says Thank You to OtakuGeneral For This Useful Post:

Haven Donator
    Array

Quote Originally Posted by 8Ball View Post
    Highschool Of The Dead.
    Do you like zombies? boobs? boobs fighting zombies? Then boy do i have the show for you! Warning: Contains the most awesome combination of breasts and guns the world has ever known, you ever heard of a shock absorber? you don't know what you're talking about.

Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt.
    2 angels kicked out of heaven kill evil spirits while humping half the city to death and eating sweets, funny shit.
    HotU is awesome, I actually wish there was less of all the tits and what-not, has a lot of potential but it caters to the pervs too much for my liking.

I suggest Trigun, love it, and Cowboy Bebop. Tgeres also an anime style movie, Dead Leaves. Weirdest crap ever.
    Last edited by Leo Ascendent; 08-19-2012 at 03:53 PM.

Gfx Artist

Array
    Twitter: @

here come anime i found sword online came out in july its still going so far this is best anime of 2012 its like dot hack anime show an this for perv guys Hagure Yuusha no Estetica its got some nude in it like boobs
    Downloads : 83 || Uploads : 1 || Rep Power : 5545 || Posts : 779 || Thanks : 180 || Thanked 68 Times in 54 Posts

Come and play Jade Dynasty with me! its really fun F2P game
    In USA-West Doom Bog, my name is voidmage. My Inductor ID is 2181857X052400011008721Z7da1fb

5. The Following User Says Thank You to voidmage09 For This Useful Post:

Array

Berserk and Darker than Black.
    Downloads : 21 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 4944 || Posts : 320 || Thanks : 507 || Thanked 97 Times in 52 Posts

Help me get 16 GB's of Space on Dropbox. = ] http://db.tt/ZPUdJHeX
    GTA V Online Crew Recruitment/ Forum http://www.360haven.com/forums/threa...um/#post225160

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Cruor For This Useful Post:

psyco17

A new anime that started not too long ago that is now one of my favorites is called Sword Art Online and can be found here to watch with amazing quality :D

http://www.animeftw.tv/anime/sword-art-online/

9. The Following User Says Thank You to psyco17 For This Useful Post:

JENGA MASTER SUPREME
    Emerald Lance

Array

Fate/Stay Night is a good one. The heroes from old legends are reincarnated to serve under masters as they fight each other in the search for the Holy Grail. One of the heroes is the main character from the future, who has come back in time in order to kill himself in the past.

Cowboy Bebop is one of my personal favorites. A space bounty hunter searches for bounties and cash in an attempt to forget his past (or maybe in order to seek it out). Everybody is out to get everybody; even his own team feels no guilt in cheating him, and vice versa. A very deep story.

I'm surprised Yu Yu Hakusho hasn't been suggested yet; think Bleach crossed with DBZ. A boy is killed as he sacrifices himself to save a young child, and is given a second chance at life under the condition that he hunts down ghosts and demons from the other world.

Trigun is always good. A mysterious gunman lives by a "no kill" code. He's wanted for the destruction of an entire city; surprisingly, despite the fact that the city of July was destroyed, nobody within July was killed. He always acts aloof and carefree, but you quickly learn that he has many deep emotions hidden away.

InuYasha is good for the first couple seasons, but I lost interest after a little while. A young girl falls through a well and is transported to the distant past. She meets a half-demon who is bound to a tree by an arrow, and only she can remove it. When she does, the two set off to find the wish-granting jewel so that the half-breed can become a full fledged demon.

Rurouni Kenshin starts off kinda slow, but comes back hard in the second act. A samurai known across Japan as the "Man Slayer" vows never to kill again. He travels across the land, masterless, in a search for redemption. The sword he wields does have an edge, but it is on the wrong side; this allows him to use his sword normally without fear of accidentally killing. Despite his happy and calm exterior, he is constantly locked in a fierce struggle with his inner rage.

Outlaw Star is one of a kind. A young man dreams of going out into space. When he finally gets the chance to, he's greeted with the wrath of a crime empire and the legend of a great treasure. While doing his best to avoid the syndicate, the young man makes his way in search of the galactic mother load.

Ninja Nonsense is one of the funniest (if not THE funniest) anime I've ever seen in my entire life. A young girl is training to be a ninja. But her perverted classmates (who are all comically named Sasuke) and equally perverted teacher (voiced by Sean Schemmel who also voices Goku) are always causing her trouble, and her oblivious innocence only makes it worse. Her only hope is her "more than friend less than lover" friend, which seems to be the only level headed character in the entire show... It doesn't help that the young konuichi starts developing feelings for her friend (who is also a girl). If you enjoy comedy of the perverted variety, then this is a must see!

Another crazy comedy is Sayonara, Zetsubou Sensai. It's like FLCL taken up a few notches. A teacher (who's name "Zetsubou" roughly translates to "depression") is depressed and is constantly trying to kill himself. However, this never works. So he comes into school each day and (instead of trying to empower his students with happy thoughts) works to motivate the class through harsh and depressing truths about the world (the "you will never succeed" variety). And of course, many of the girls in the class have a crush on the teacher (they are also all psychotic in some way or another). It's only been subbed (and even then only fan subs) but it's still a great one to check out if you like funny anime.

I like Gundam as much as the next guy, but no mech anime matches up to the majesty that is Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann. To quote the anime, "This is the tale of a man who has yet to realize his destiny." In a skyless underground village, a young boy digs downward to expand, while a man yearns to go upward to the surface. A person's "fighting spirit" is literally the energy that pilots the giant robots in this great anime. Ridiculousness ensues (the entire time).

EDIT: How could I forget the greatest cartoon of all time (Japanese or otherwise)? I'm talking about the epic quest in which the greatest man in the world travels across the land in his great effort to fix his hair and pick up chicks (in that order). His loving mother provides him with a beautiful home to come back to after a hard day's adventuring. This man has done it all. Yes, I am talking about the prettiest, manliest, most studliest of stud muffins ever to walk the face of this earth (or any planet for that matter). I am talking about none other than the one and only Johnny Bravo. I laughed, I cried, I scored babes. No, seriously guys, if funny is your thing, then there's no reason to NOT have Johnny in your collection. Oh mama!
    Last edited by Emerald Lance; 10-03-2012 at 11:59 AM.
    Downloads : 22 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 6848 || Posts : 1,834 || Thanks : 436 || Thanked 633 Times in 307 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SaiyanPrince302, commenting on how to become a Super Saiyan,
    "I know where these guys are going, but in all seriousness, just trying to imagine loved ones being killed almost never works. Be a man and travel into space and shoot at asteroids until you get yourself in an actual life threatening situation."
    --Gamefaqs.com

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Emerald Lance For This Useful Post:

Dead
    SatsuinoHado

Array

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Lance View Post
    Fate/Stay Night is a good one. The heroes from old legends are reincarnated to serve under masters as they fight each other in the search for the Holy Grail. One of the heroes is the main character from the future, who has come back in time in order to kill himself in the past.

Cowboy Bebop is one of my personal favorites. A space bounty hunter searches for bounties and cash in an attempt to forget his past (or maybe in order to seek it out). Everybody is out to get everybody; even his own team feels no guilt in cheating him, and vice versa. A very deep story.

I'm surprised Yu Yu Hakusho hasn't been suggested yet; think Bleach crossed with DBZ. A boy is killed as he sacrifices himself to save a young child, and is given a second chance at life under the condition that he hunts down ghosts and demons from the other world.

Trigun is always good. A mysterious gunman lives by a "no kill" code. He's wanted for the destruction of an entire city; surprisingly, despite the fact that the city of July was destroyed, nobody within July was killed. He always acts aloof and carefree, but you quickly learn that he has many deep emotions hidden away.

InuYasha is good for the first couple seasons, but I lost interest after a little while. A young girl falls through a well and is transported to the distant past. She meets a half-demon who is bound to a tree by an arrow, and only she can remove it. When she does, the two set off to find the wish-granting jewel so that the half-breed can become a full fledged demon.

Rurouni Kenshin starts off kinda slow, but comes back hard in the second act. A samurai known across Japan as the "Man Slayer" vows never to kill again. He travels across the land, masterless, in a search for redemption. The sword he wields does have an edge, but it is on the wrong side; this allows him to use his sword normally without fear of accidentally killing. Despite his happy and calm exterior, he is constantly locked in a fierce struggle with his inner rage.

Outlaw Star is one of a kind. A young man dreams of going out into space. When he finally gets the chance to, he's greeted with the wrath of a crime empire and the legend of a great treasure. While doing his best to avoid the syndicate, the young man makes his way in search of the galactic mother load.

Ninja Nonsense is one of the funniest (if not THE funniest) anime I've ever seen in my entire life. A young girl is training to be a ninja. But her perverted classmates (who are all comically named Sasuke) and equally perverted teacher (voiced by Sean Schemmel who also voices Goku) are always causing her trouble, and her oblivious innocence only makes it worse. Her only hope is her "more than friend less than lover" friend, which seems to be the only level headed character in the entire show... It doesn't help that the young konuichi starts developing feelings for her friend (who is also a girl). If you enjoy comedy of the perverted variety, then this is a must see!

Another crazy comedy is Sayonara, Zetsubou Sensai. It's like FLCL taken up a few notches. A teacher (who's name "Zetsubou" roughly translates to "depression") is depressed and is constantly trying to kill himself. However, this never works. So he comes into school each day and (instead of trying to empower his students with happy thoughts) works to motivate the class through harsh and depressing truths about the world (the "you will never succeed" variety). And of course, many of the girls in the class have a crush on the teacher (they are also all psychotic in some way or another). It's only been subbed (and even then only fan subs) but it's still a great one to check out if you like funny anime.
    Thanks for the recommendations! much appreciated man

JENGA MASTER SUPREME
    Emerald Lance

Array

Quote Originally Posted by Original Boss View Post
    Thanks for the recommendations! much appreciated man
    Also added Gurren Lagann. That's an important one. ;)
    Downloads : 22 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 6848 || Posts : 1,834 || Thanks : 436 || Thanked 633 Times in 307 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SaiyanPrince302, commenting on how to become a Super Saiyan,
    "I know where these guys are going, but in all seriousness, just trying to imagine loved ones being killed almost never works. Be a man and travel into space and shoot at asteroids until you get yourself in an actual life threatening situation."
    --Gamefaqs.com

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Emerald Lance For This Useful Post:

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast