360haven works best with JavaScript enabled
[WIP] Borderlands 2 Compression Toolkit - Page 8
Register
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678
    DEADBEEF

Array

Re: Borderlands 2 Compression Toolkit

Yeah there is a problem with the tool compressing. My game is corrupt or says "unloadable content" even when I only decompress, then compress back (without editing).

Array

Quote Originally Posted by JizzaBeez View Post
    Yeah there is a problem with the tool compressing. My game is corrupt or says "unloadable content" even when I only decompress, then compress back (without editing).
    When we are able to properly compress this, would we be able to modify items and such? I dont see any of my items in the decompressed save file
    Downloads : 3 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 4662 || Posts : 218 || Thanks : 54 || Thanked 175 Times in 17 Posts

Array
    Twitter: @

works like a charm thanks man :)
    Downloads : 2 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 4456 || Posts : 125 || Thanks : 131 || Thanked 12 Times in 10 Posts

Say not in grief: "He is no more," but live in thankfulness that he was - Hebrew Proverb

Developer

Array

Quote Originally Posted by JizzaBeez View Post
    No, I'm not referring to the String's in the savedata... I've checked several profile's gpds and the 160bit hash at the begin of the savedata is not a basic SHA1... I will include the files that I'm looking at and you can see.

I've included:
    - BL2 GPD
    - entry # 0x63E83FFF
    - entry # 0x63E83FFF's savedata (0x0 = byte[] 160bit_hash, 0x14 = int32 decompress_length, 0x18-EOF = byte[] compress_data)
    - compressed data (0x0 = int32 decompress_length, 0x4-EOF = compress_data)
    - decompressed data (uses basic UE3 savegame struct)
    -I also included a HexWorkshop bookmark for : entry # 0x63E83FFF's savedata

How you get a SHA1 hash from any of the entry's data is beyond me...lol
    I see what your talking about now. I wrote a tool for the PC's Profile Data and with it I'm able to mod the data and re-compress and then fix the hash. The hash is a SHA1 and I remember testing the hash on the GPD Profile Data and it was a SHA1 as well. The only thing I can think of is maybe they updated it with the Title Update. I know that's a long shot, but I have the PC game with is not updated and I only messed with the GPD before the Title Update was released for the xbox.

I Am super Cool
    Philymaster

Array

I think the hash in the GPD is a modified SHA1 like Gears of War 3.

I've use the Gears of War 3 editor from Horizon and experimented with my LIVE profile.
    If I change the Profile, Device and Console ID from my Profile Horizon fix the GoW 3 hash without any problems.

But if I edit the XUID from my profile Horizon says that the PlayerStorage header is broken.
    So I think that Gears of War 3 and Borderlands 2 use a SHA1 and modified it with the XUID.

Hope that helps

Reverse Engineer

Array

Quote Originally Posted by Idlehands88 View Post
    Thanks man, but it still doesn't work :'( I tried it on 3 of my saves and it corrupts them everytime, the Compression tool does fix the checksum right?
    Yes, both the SHA1 and CRC32, but i suspect that the Huffman encoder im using has some bugs thats causing this. Investigating..
    Downloads : 47 || Uploads : 4 || Rep Power : 5318 || Posts : 211 || Thanks : 71 || Thanked 737 Times in 108 Posts

If you feel like donating some bit coins, please do so to address "1DNcjKhrVTGnKTyQYbjx8yTRoenTSySeoP", if you are interested in other projects visit www.chipit.se or www.baeckstrom.com, thanks!

masonimal

Hi umm as I am new to all of this and have been getting a massive headache looking around for anything related to helping with modding Borderlands 2 and making it so Playstation can have its fair share of mods (like most of the Xbox 360 players have). I have been looking into anything I could find that may help me and so far all I have come across is more stuff being updated for Xbox and nothing on Playstation. While I realize that it is much harder to break a PS3's encryption I have been able to look over different programs. Not so much the code, I believe they would rather keep the code so I dont steal it, and help out with it anywhere that I can. I would love to help in any way since I do have a PS3 and general knowledge of programming and coding. I am also part of FRC (First Robotics) and I believe a few people from my Robotics group that cover programming for the robot could help out and maybe look over some of the save files and things like that, maybe break more of it down so we can find what needs to be opened up for us to modify it the way we want. It would be much appreciated if someone could give me a headway so that I may get involved. As much as I would like to see Borderlands 2 modded, I would much more like to see it modded for the PS3 so I can go back to the good old days of Willowtree like with Borderlands 1.

My email is [email protected] (I check this the most often) and if anyone could get back to me, I would love to help out in anyway that I can. Thnx

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678