360haven works best with JavaScript enabled
[Release] WWE13 Texture Tool - Page 4
Register
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    GreenArcher

Re: WWE13 Texture Tool

still getting an error.

i tried running it as admin. i also tried running on c:\ directory, but it's no good.

Developer

Array
    Twitter: @

Quote Originally Posted by GreenArcher View Post
    still getting an error.

i tried running it as admin. i also tried running on c:\ directory, but it's no good.

What the hell kind of theme is that? Are you running it on a Mac with the bootcamp or whatever it is called, because it won't ever work on that. Also, did you try running it as an admin, try running it on the desktop, try running it in the documents folder, and if none of those work, try running it as a different user, or turn of UAC in Windows 7.

So people know why the program may possibly need admin privileges, it's because the program accesses its dll files in a virtual environment, which relates to the application directory, as well as saves a physical temp.dds file in the same directory, which it uses to convert to a picture that the program can display in the picture box. So if you run it under an account that doesn't actually have access to the application directory, the program won't work.

Seeing that your message box is not showing the program icon, this may be an error that I read about, which describes a problem with showing the icon on older versions of Windows on the Windows Form, but I double checked and the maximum size of the icon is 64 x 64, so it SHOULDN'T be causing that error. I believe you said you had Windows 7, so not sure if that is the problem anyway, but it came up in my search for the possible problem, and the exception problem that could not be handled error that you have. By chance, looking at your theme, does your theme not show Windows Form icons? If so, pick another theme that actually shows them. ;)

Another problem I just thought about, is that you have to actually be logged in as some user on your Windows. You can not just be logged in as a guest, as the program would never work properly in that environment, because the guest account wouldn't have access to the AppData folder where it spawns the virtual environment executables. ;)

crazybeast

So just to double check, you can't do this with a un-modded retail console right?

Developer

Array

Updated to v1.1 (Hotfix) at 12:10 AM EST on 11/30/2012

I think I may have finally found the problem with the Exception Error people are having. You can download the Hotfix and try it. To make sure you have the Hotfix, right click the exe file and select Properties. The version should say 1.1.0.1 instead of 1.1.0.0 on the Details tab. If you have the Hotfix and are still getting the Exception Error, I don't know what else to do, you're SOL I guess.

TitarasMastro

It is needed do something with the xbdm plugin or it doesnt need to?

zainzombie

Name:  Capture.jpg
Views: 116
Size:  23.6 KB

I get this error when i run from desktop as admin .

Developer

Array

Quote Originally Posted by zainzombie View Post
    Name:  Capture.jpg
Views: 116
Size:  23.6 KB

I get this error when i run from desktop as admin .
    For that failure, it is usually a result of never having .NET 3.5 installed on your computer. You may have the newest .NET, which is 4.0, but you did not get to .NET 4.0 from updating, you never had .NET 3.5 ever installed. I have no idea why it would be giving that error though, considering my application only needs .NET 2.0 at the minimum, and it's now installed virtually in the program.

Try this, and let me know if it works. Uninstall all versions of .NET, remember which ones you have, and go to Microsoft to get the downloads to replace them all if you want. Then first thing first. Install THIS version of .NET 3.5 on your computer -
    http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...dotnetfx35.exe

Don't worry, that is a download link direct from Microsoft, so it's clean. It's a version of .NET 3.5, and after installing it, then see if the program works. If so, I'll have to figure out why the hell the program is trying to get something from .NET 3.5 when it shouldn't be. Anyway, just let me know, and then if that works, you can go ahead and go to Windows Update and update your .NET through that, or find the .NET 4.0 download and install it.

It could also be your Anti-Virus program keeping it from working. I swear my own Anti-Virus will sometimes flag some of my builds, and I obviously know it's not infected, so I lower the amount of obfuscation some when compiling the program, which usually fixes the problem. But try disabling your Anti-Virus, or placing the program in an exception list.

peter_from_poland

Quote Originally Posted by brienj View Post
    For that failure, it is usually a result of never having .NET 3.5 installed on your computer. You may have the newest .NET, which is 4.0, but you did not get to .NET 4.0 from updating, you never had .NET 3.5 ever installed. I have no idea why it would be giving that error though, considering my application only needs .NET 2.0 at the minimum, and it's now installed virtually in the program.

Try this, and let me know if it works. Uninstall all versions of .NET, remember which ones you have, and go to Microsoft to get the downloads to replace them all if you want. Then first thing first. Install THIS version of .NET 3.5 on your computer -
    http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...dotnetfx35.exe

Don't worry, that is a download link direct from Microsoft, so it's clean. It's a version of .NET 3.5, and after installing it, then see if the program works. If so, I'll have to figure out why the hell the program is trying to get something from .NET 3.5 when it shouldn't be. Anyway, just let me know, and then if that works, you can go ahead and go to Windows Update and update your .NET through that, or find the .NET 4.0 download and install it.

It could also be your Anti-Virus program keeping it from working. I swear my own Anti-Virus will sometimes flag some of my builds, and I obviously know it's not infected, so I lower the amount of obfuscation some when compiling the program, which usually fixes the problem. But try disabling your Anti-Virus, or placing the program in an exception list.
    I installed .NET version 3.5 and does not work still errors.
    even run the program as an admin on the desktop and in several other locations.

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast