360haven works best with JavaScript enabled
need help with wd hdd passport.? - Page 2
Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Wisdom Sold Seperately

Array
    Then that would imply there is indeed some errors on the drive, eventually it should sort itself out, because the drive is big this can take a long time even when only doing a /f.
    Another software you will want to use is Western Digitals Data Lifeguard i use it myself on my 2 hdds among other things...
    This software will know just how messed up the drives are for sure, just be careful not to press erase.
    As a Western Digital user i imagine you would also be entitled to use the free special edition of Acronis true image that only works with WD drives as part of the deal, it won't fix your problem but it can clone WD drives and its free...

Array
    Quote Originally Posted by 8Ball View Post
    Then that would imply there is indeed some errors on the drive, eventually it should sort itself out, because the drive is big this can take a long time even when only doing a /f.
    Another software you will want to use is Western Digitals Data Lifeguard i use it myself on my 2 hdds among other things...
    This software will know just how messed up the drives are for sure, just be careful not to press erase.
    As a Western Digital user i imagine you would also be entitled to use the free special edition of Acronis true image that only works with WD drives as part of the deal, it won't fix your problem but it can clone WD drives and its free...
    Thanks I just dl both software u mention above. With acronis after I clone the drive would I b able get all my data from the clone to another drive.

Ok both of those software don't work on my drive, when I plug the aconis just freeze and the other one samething happen I guess I have no choice to perform a disk check, I have left laptop on 4 like 3 r 4 days. Cos I have 1tb and I used like 160gb which me luck guys. Am getting my wd replacement this week.
    Last edited by shinwg; 04-12-2011 at 06:29 PM.

Array
    After like 4 r 5 hrs I get message error saying chkdsk.exe-device timeout
    The specified I/O operation on / device/ harddisk1/ dr3 was not completed
    before the time-out period expired.

Wisdom Sold Seperately

Array
    Those drives sound really broken, either their enclosures are failing or the drives themselves are damaged, assuming they aren't abused i would say they are just faulty, feel free to not bother using chkdsk anymore, i would also try plugging it in different ports on your computer and if possible try other cables.
    My money is on a bit of hardware damage, cancelling mid write can't really do that much damage to hardware.
    For now just try to get the damn thing readable on your pc and go from there.

Array
    Those drives sound really broken, either their enclosures are failing or the drives themselves are damaged, assuming they aren't abused i would say they are just faulty, feel free to not bother using chkdsk anymore, i would also try plugging it in different ports on your computer and if possible try other cables.
    My money is on a bit of hardware damage, cancelling mid write can't really do that much damage to hardware.
    For now just try to get the damn thing readable on your pc and go from there.
    The drive is only 1 month old all I did was turn off my ps3 while copying bladestorm from external to internal
    BTW chdksk say unable to recognize I dl many software so far no luck anything else u might know.
    Thanks in advanced

Array
    Hey guys I need and idea some people online say put my drive in the freeze for 2 r 6 hrs
    If I did I want to know if my warranty will b void r wd won't know and they replace my drive with out charging

Wisdom Sold Seperately

Array
    Well from a technicality angle as long as you don't remove the little silver warranty hole cover you haven't really done anything to void your warranty, a bit like my phone, they claim flashing my boot-loader voids the warranty but i haven't touched their warranty sticker and i can just fry the board to prevent diagnostics. It's probably in some terms and conditions somewhere though, wouldn't put it past them.

I would still not go ahead with it until you've ruled out the enclosure.
    My advice is to just use your warranty, all the stuff on there is easily replaced right? At least i hope you have backups or your in for a longass night. I still don't see how cutting it out mid write can do so much damage, at most it would just screw with your file system which is easily fixed with chkdsk.

Array
    Well from a technicality angle as long as you don't remove the little silver warranty hole cover you haven't really done anything to void your warranty, a bit like my phone, they claim flashing my boot-loader voids the warranty but i haven't touched their warranty sticker and i can just fry the board to prevent diagnostics. It's probably in some terms and conditions somewhere though, wouldn't put it past them.

I would still not go ahead with it until you've ruled out the enclosure.
    My advice is to just use your warranty, all the stuff on there is easily replaced right? At least i hope you have backups or your in for a longass night. I still don't see how cutting it out mid write can do so much damage, at most it would just screw with your file system which is easily fixed with chkdsk.
    I don't have no backups at all so I'm screw man. Everytime multiman give me black screen r just freeze I have 2 power off my ps3. That time I power down da ps3 3 time cos multiman was acting up.which me luck I put my drive in the freeze. I even use get data software but something
    Always happen just software until I unplug it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12