360haven works best with JavaScript enabled
DLC License Problem?
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Haven Donator
    Array

What DLC License Problem?

Okay, so I've seen the solution to this problem but can't remember it exactly.

So I have the Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition, which is basically the game itself plus the DLC free. Now, even though the DLC is under my Live account, I can't access the DLC unless I'm connected to Live. I heard there had to be some sort of license transfer or something to make this work again.

So, uh...help, please? And thank you?

Hoshikage

Array
    To use license transfer you need two accounts. One witht he DLC license and the other with no license.
    You can do it through xbox.com but that also means you have to register your console
    Downloads : 69 || Uploads : 22 || Rep Power : 8337 || Posts : 2,733 || Thanks : 557 || Thanked 2,980 Times in 735 Posts

## If you don't Contribute || Help - Why should I Contribute || Help - Leechers Should not be helped ##

Advertiser
    Demon

Array
    Quote Originally Posted by pureIso View Post
    To use license transfer you need two accounts. One witht he DLC license and the other with no license.
    You can do it through xbox.com but that also means you have to register your console
    yea but you can only do it once per year so make sure its the xbox your going to keep for the next year

Administrator

Array
    You can do the license transfer all you want, it doesn't matter how many XUID and console licenses you have written to the STFS you still need to be signed into Xbox LIVE for the LIVE/PIRS STFS signatures to be validated. LIVE/PIRS private keys are server side and the public keys are not stored locally on a retail console so to validate the signature your 360 must contact the LIVE servers
    Downloads : 63 || Uploads : 11 || Rep Power : 5735 || Posts : 347 || Thanks : 62 || Thanked 939 Times in 190 Posts

"If you can get 30 seconds of fun, you can pretty much stretch that out to be an entire game. So you can have all the great graphics, all the different characters,
    and lots of different weapons with amazing effects but if you don't nail that 30 seconds, you're not going to have a great game." ~Jamie Griesemer (Halo 2 Design Lead)

Advertiser
    Demon

Array
    Quote Originally Posted by feudalnate View Post
    You can do the license transfer all you want, it doesn't matter how many XUID and console licenses you have written to the STFS you still need to be signed into Xbox LIVE for the LIVE/PIRS STFS signatures to be validated. LIVE/PIRS private keys are server side and the public keys are not stored locally on a retail console so to validate the signature your 360 must contact the LIVE servers
    Yea as long as you are connected to live but if you disconnect or get banned or whatever if your not connected to xbox live your content will show up as corrupted i know i had it out with Microsoft for like an hour before cause my Dlc would always show corrupted and that was cause the xbox i was playing on didnt have the license for the dlc i downloaded them on a different xbox that xbox rrod on me and i switched it and as long as i stayed on xbox live my dlc played no problem but if i system linked of played off line my Dlc was corrupted again and what Mircosoft told me was i had to switch the License on my xbox but i can only do it One time Per Year. and it says it in the FAQ on xbox.com also

How often can I use the tool?

The tool can only be used once every twelve months.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/Support/LicenseMigration/Home

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/Support/LicenseMigration/FAQ

Extorris
    Array

Re: DLC License Problem?

The gold edition...Shouldn't that automatically load anyway? As it's on the disk, a GOTY no?

VIP Member
    Array

Quote Originally Posted by feudalnate View Post
    Wrong, the public Keys ARE stored on the Console ... how should the 360 validate the Containers without them ? ;-D
    Downloads : 11 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 4959 || Posts : 97 || Thanks : 16 || Thanked 164 Times in 52 Posts

Administrator

Array

I stand corrected (after testing on a few LIVE STFS volumes myself of coarse) and no need to throw your capitalization and bolding around, you're one of the few that seems knowledgeable enough in the STFS structure that I'll take your statements and opinions into consideration without the need for emphasization ;P
    Downloads : 63 || Uploads : 11 || Rep Power : 5735 || Posts : 347 || Thanks : 62 || Thanked 939 Times in 190 Posts

"If you can get 30 seconds of fun, you can pretty much stretch that out to be an entire game. So you can have all the great graphics, all the different characters,
    and lots of different weapons with amazing effects but if you don't nail that 30 seconds, you're not going to have a great game." ~Jamie Griesemer (Halo 2 Design Lead)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast