360haven works best with JavaScript enabled
A question about editing title updates
Register
    Haven Donator

Array

A question about editing title updates

Just a quick question before I try this. Can you move a title update from hard drive to usb and edit it, replace it and play with your new modded title update. Or is this going to crash and never work. The game I plan on doing this to is transformers FOC I know its the title update not letting me do what I want to do. Any advice would be awesome before I waste my time.
    Downloads : 21 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 5276 || Posts : 892 || Thanks : 148 || Thanked 223 Times in 122 Posts

JENGA MASTER SUPREME
    Emerald Lance

Array

Re: A question about editing title updates

Most title updates are stored in the cache. I can't think of any way to dump the 360's cache (it might be possible with a modded console but that would defeat the purpose). Besides, even if you could change the title updates, the 360 would kick you off Live (because it wouldn't be able to recognize the modded updates) and ask you to update again (undoing all your work). I assume you want to be able to play online as well, otherwise the best thing to do would be to just clear the cache, thus temporarily getting rid of the pesky updates (though also keeping you offline until you update again).

What are you trying to do specifically? There might be another way to get the results you want without modding the title updates.
    Downloads : 22 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 6847 || Posts : 1,834 || Thanks : 436 || Thanked 633 Times in 307 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SaiyanPrince302, commenting on how to become a Super Saiyan,
    "I know where these guys are going, but in all seriousness, just trying to imagine loved ones being killed almost never works. Be a man and travel into space and shoot at asteroids until you get yourself in an actual life threatening situation."
    --Gamefaqs.com

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Emerald Lance For This Useful Post:

Haven Donator

Array

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Lance View Post
    Most title updates are stored in the cache. I can't think of any way to dump the 360's cache (it might be possible with a modded console but that would defeat the purpose). Besides, even if you could change the title updates, the 360 would kick you off Live (because it wouldn't be able to recognize the modded updates) and ask you to update again (undoing all your work). I assume you want to be able to play online as well, otherwise the best thing to do would be to just clear the cache, thus temporarily getting rid of the pesky updates (though also keeping you offline until you update again).

What are you trying to do specifically? There might be another way to get the results you want without modding the title updates.
    In demo I was able to equipt different guns from different classes and add several upgrades. The game saves look no different so I assume its in title update. I can still mod my char to my liking but they game says its locked untill lvl 10, which Im lvl 25. I looked at the system cache to see is this was where the updates maybe. Most of my editing I learn myself by saving game, changing one thing and then comparing the saves. Which this title update crap I dont know what to change and compare. I dont know I keep trying. I got a weapon upgrade that is on longer available in game after I posted this thread. I was just hoping someone might have tried something like this in the past. I can post my system cache if it would help.
    Downloads : 21 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 5276 || Posts : 892 || Thanks : 148 || Thanked 223 Times in 122 Posts

JENGA MASTER SUPREME
    Emerald Lance

Array

So you had something in the demo. And that thing is still technically coded into the game, but even with modding you can't use it? That doesn't sound like something title updates can change; it sounds like just a difference between the demo and the retail game. Modding the update might work, but again, unless you're playing offline, you'll be kicked off Live and asked to update again (assuming the console will play a modded update in the first place). I would try modding the GPD or the save; depending on the game, the "unlocked" flag will be in one of those.

What game is it?
    Downloads : 22 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 6847 || Posts : 1,834 || Thanks : 436 || Thanked 633 Times in 307 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SaiyanPrince302, commenting on how to become a Super Saiyan,
    "I know where these guys are going, but in all seriousness, just trying to imagine loved ones being killed almost never works. Be a man and travel into space and shoot at asteroids until you get yourself in an actual life threatening situation."
    --Gamefaqs.com

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Emerald Lance For This Useful Post:

Haven Donator
    Array

Just an FYI, TitleUpdates are strong signed(LIVE or PIRS) so you can't edit them on a retail, offline or on.

You can access 360 cache, (I assume your talking about the Cache partitions or the directory in the main partition) however TU's aren't stored there (This was different in lower kernels but he is talking about live so meh), they are XContent packages and so they go in the standard path(Like saves/profiles/dlc and other XContent files).

As said above demo and full disk version are running different executables(in most cases, and if there not they should) so it is highly likely that it was "patched" before the first TU and anyway the editing your talking about would be the .xexp (xex patch) so you would be breaking another hash that can't be fixed.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to godzcheater For This Useful Post:

Haven's Warrior lv46

Array
    Twitter: @

I'm sure some people managed to do it for mw2, thats how they got lobbys working again.
    Downloads : 16 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 5444 || Posts : 694 || Thanks : 405 || Thanked 276 Times in 145 Posts

Haven Donator

Array

Thank you guys for the info and quick response. Oh emerald the game is Transformers FOC.