Quote Originally Posted by Killermiles View Post
I imagine it could be one of a few things, firstly I just need to check that you are trying to edit a save for Final Fantasy XIII as stated and not XIII-2 it's sequal (you need my other editor for that, see sig)? Secondly, its ok to use Modio, I use it myself to read/write saves from a memory stick, however, you should not be using it to extract the data files from your game save, nor should you be using it to rehash/resign your save as the editor takes care of all this.

You don't need to worry about the .NET Framework thing, since you must have it already to have gotten that far.

If you still can't figure out whats wrong, please post a copy of your save here so I can take a look.
Thank you for responding. My issue deals with Final Fantasy XIII, not Final Fantasy XIII-2. Eventually, I was able to get my save to load in the editor but I was only able to do this by copy/pasting the information listed in the "show file" portion of the Modio window that opens after selecting a save. If I just went to open in the editor and selected the file that I extracted, it showed an error. When the save loaded, I edited the file and saved it. I then replaced it in Modio. This process did not work. My save is currently at the first save point in Chapter 1. Is that too early? Or, as you alluded to, am I going through the wrong process by using Modio in that manner? I did extract from modio and rehash/resign so I understand that I did things incorrectly. How then do I get the save to load in the editor without extracting from modio. Is there any guidance you can provide on what to edit or not edit at this point in the game in order for it to work? Since this is a bit different than I'm accustomed to, how to do I get the edited save back on the flash drive if not using modio in the manner I thought necessary? Again, I thank you for any time you spend on this. This is my second playthrough and I'm trying to cut some fluff out. Also, I apologize for my ignorance, but I'm not exactly sure how to post my save. Any guidance on the mentioned issues would be greatly appreciated. I will keep checking this thread periodically. Thanks.