360haven works best with JavaScript enabled
Time Travel Possible? - Page 2
Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Array

Re: Time Travel Possible?

and that would be why i simply said that quantum physics are a another level all together because the shear amount of energy it would take for even a single person would take an almost unlimited amount of energy (which we don't have) and a computer that can do an almost infinite number of computations at any one time along with a mode of transport that can take a huge amount of stess that the "speed of time" would likely create.

Haven Donator
    Array

I have no idea what everyone said, but i'll add my own opinion.

My guess is that we cannot move forward in time because time is instantaneous, as in we cannot move forward because it isn't "pre-recorded", and if it is instantaneous then what we perceive as the past is merely our memories.

If what i'm saying is 100% bull, then i retract my statement, because i'm no scientist.

Haven Mangekyo Sharigan Master

Array

Quote Originally Posted by CloudStrife7x View Post
    i can actually time travel but i can't divulge the secrets yet guys sorry maybe later
    Lol cloud... Well take me back to 1999....:)
    Downloads : 21 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 5841 || Posts : 1,244 || Thanks : 217 || Thanked 144 Times in 120 Posts

AFX ART: By me

JENGA MASTER SUPREME
    Emerald Lance

Array

Quote Originally Posted by kingadent View Post
    I have no idea what everyone said, but i'll add my own opinion.

My guess is that we cannot move forward in time because time is instantaneous, as in we cannot move forward because it isn't "pre-recorded", and if it is instantaneous then what we perceive as the past is merely our memories.

If what i'm saying is 100% bull, then i retract my statement, because i'm no scientist.
    Time is the fourth dimension; it's a measurement. Put in more context:

• The first dimension is length.
    • The second dimension is width.
    • The third dimension is depth.
    • The fourth dimension is time.

It's been argued that gravity might be the fifth dimension due to the fact that all other four known dimensions are properties of matter (including time), but that's another issue entirely.

Anyway, since time is a dimensional measurement, that means it can be measure and is not only at one instance. For example, measuring seconds is the time equivalent to measuring length with centimeters. Just as we experience the world around us in three full dimensions, so too is the experience of time full. The biggest difference is that we are used to being able to manipulate the physical dimensions of objects around us, but we haven't figured out how to manipulate time yet.

Truth be told, we could move forward in time quite easily (relatively speaking). If the density of the atoms in your body are made to be heavier, time within the general area will be made slower to compensate, even if by a virtually undetectable degree (this is shown in that, if two perfect clocks are synced up exactly, and one is moved to the ocean and another to the top of Mount Everest, when brought together again the one at sea level will be slightly behind). The same effect can be produced by causing all of the atoms in the environment around you to be less dense than zero. In the first case, you will move slower through time, and it will grant the illusion that time has sped up; in the second case, your immediate environment will move more quickly through time, and this includes you as well.

It's going backwards that's difficult.
    Downloads : 22 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 6856 || Posts : 1,834 || Thanks : 436 || Thanked 633 Times in 307 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SaiyanPrince302, commenting on how to become a Super Saiyan,
    "I know where these guys are going, but in all seriousness, just trying to imagine loved ones being killed almost never works. Be a man and travel into space and shoot at asteroids until you get yourself in an actual life threatening situation."
    --Gamefaqs.com

Array

I wih this was true but I personally believe this could never happen

Array

well that my brain cabbaged for a day lol

QuarantinedII

Matter cannot travel at the speed of light for if it 'did' it would have reduced its mass by 100% & would be timeless, like light. It basically would no longer have, or be mass.
    Plus, the energy needed to accelerate mass to the speed of light would probably need to be greater than that of the 'Big bang' itself. If possible at all. Not in this universe.

Consider also that ALL information you receive was sent before you received it > what you call 'Now', i,e this moment, to you, (anyone/everyone) is actually entirely made up of information that was sent prior to this moment, in 'the past'.
    Of course the further something is away from you, the farther 'back in time' you are observing it.

Another good hypothetical example i just thought of would be to stand on Earth's surface and look up at a star 1 light year away.. (for example)
    This stars light took one year to reach your eyes.. ok.. that's how you see it in your moment now.
    1 lightyear is the distance light travels in one year - so this star you are looking at is 5,878,786,100,000 miles away & it took its light one year to reach you so you are seeing how it looked 1 year ago.. ok simple so far..

..Now, if you take a journey to that star what are you going to observe on your way?
    The closer you get to the star the less distance the light is travelling, so the 'later through time you will be seeing it.
    As you approach the star, you will observe it ageing at a rate which makes it the 'right age' when you reach it..
    So, however long your journey took to reach the star at whatever rate you were moving towards it, you will observe the star age exactly one year plus the time it took you to travel there, in the same time it took you to travel there.
    That is; Whether you took 10 minutes to make the trip or 10 years, you will observe the star age one year plus the time it took you. Right? Time is shifting there..

Your time rate is by standard, relative to the nearest/largest mass which is causing the largest 'warp' in spacetime. In our case it's the Earth. -This is what we simplify with the word 'gravity'.
    The Earth's nearest/biggest influence is of course the Sun. Spacetime is warped enough to cause Earth to 'fall towards it, it is governing its 'gravity & in effect setting the rate of time for the planet. -As space & time are not 2 separate things as our common sense suggests, Spacetime is warped (which is a gravitational force) > This causes even the space which matter occupies to also warp/alter.. & the time information can travel to warp/alter, i.e changing time & size.

QuarantinedII

Any opinions guys?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12