360haven works best with JavaScript enabled
Rare Says We’ve Got Ideas For Kinect In Perfect Dark, Banjo, And Other Classic Rare F
Register
    Eternal Dragoon
    Rpg_Fan

Array

Rare Says We’ve Got Ideas For Kinect In Perfect Dark, Banjo, And Other Classic Rare F

Rare studio’s Simon Woodroffe has told The Official Xbox Magazine that there’s a possibility the company will revisit one of its older franchises after it’s done working on Kinect Sports Rivals. Woodroffe says the developer has got numerous ideas for Kinect in Perfect Dark, Banjo Kazooie, Viva Pinata and other historic games. He also said that Banjo is very popular internally and that the staff would love to do something with the series.

“When we launched Kinect obviously there was a big focus on ‘everything must be Kinect,’” he said in a behind-closed-door chat at the show. “Now it’s in the box, use it where it make sense, don’t where it doesn’t. It can be used in some really – not gimmicky ways, which is what I think you’ll see a fair amount of – but ways that actually really enhance the game. We’ve got some ideas for how to use it in the right way.” Which might even be in a new Perfect Dark.

“Maybe! We’ve got an idea for that. It would be controller plus Kinect. We’ve got ideas for most older Rare IP, you won’t be surprised to hear. There’s quite a lot of desire to do that, and Viva Pinata, Conker… Banjo’s very popular internally, a lot of people want to do stuff with Banjo.”

“So if we can find the right – we’re all about giving people new experiences, that’s what we want to do. It’s a very technical studio. I’m relatively new, what I’ve learned is they’re brilliant at technology, they really know how to make creative things out of technology.”

“We want to find that thing that nobody’s ever done before and make a game out of it. We should be inventing new genres, inventing new ways to play. And this sensor gives us new opportunities to do it, with the fidelity it has now.”
    Last edited by Sephiroth; 09-01-2013 at 02:35 AM.
    Downloads : 59 || Uploads : 1 || Rep Power : 18426 || Posts : 13,028 || Thanks : 3,665 || Thanked 1,794 Times in 1,447 Posts

Serious_M

Array

Re: Rare Says We’ve Got Ideas For Kinect In Perfect Dark, Banjo, And Other Classic Ra

His enthusiasm is wonderful but the Kinect will never hit it big ever. It's just not ideal. Nobody wants to yell catch phrases/commands at their screen at any point in time. Kinect based games are very poorly made and incredibly unresponsive and just overall gimmicky. I really hate my Kinect and I'm not looking forward to having the new one. Focus on making controller based games better rather than developing "something that nobody has done before". Don't revive classic games and ruin them with Kinect based play or features.
    Downloads : 11 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 4567 || Posts : 183 || Thanks : 116 || Thanked 20 Times in 18 Posts

If anyone's willing to lend me their spare time and mod a couple of saves for me, I have a couple of requests.
    NIER & Darksiders

The Immortal God
    Rpg_Fan

Array
    Twitter: @

Re: Rare Says We’ve Got Ideas For Kinect In Perfect Dark, Banjo, And Other Classic Ra

yeah i could care less about the kinect lol
    Downloads : 157 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 24462 || Posts : 18,751 || Thanks : 4,451 || Thanked 3,096 Times in 2,607 Posts

DarkOne
    Array

I really don't care for either the old or new Kinect.
    If it's not fun to play in a wheelchair or the like, I'll be ignoring it, and I don't need voice commands for my games.
    I'd probably have to do a Hadouken by shouting "Aruket!" or something silly :P