360haven works best with JavaScript enabled
[Tutorial] Diablo III - Item Modding - Page 61
Register
Page 61 of 66 FirstFirst ... 1136515657585960616263646566 LastLast
    Idlehands88
    Array

Re: Diablo III - Item Modding

Quote Originally Posted by Idlehands88 View Post
    Nope, they weren't added to the game's coding for the xbox version. The PS3 and xbox wings are different but they share the exact same code, meaning that Blizz made each wing type 100% exclusive.
    Oh ok dang that would of been beast if you could of had them
    I dont know if this means anything but just seen a video and this person had both PS3 wings and Xbox wings on PS3

SkinnEternal

Quote Originally Posted by Idlehands88 View Post

ADDING BYTES:
    Method 1:
    Code:
    1. Find the weapon you want to mod in Hex Workshop
    2. move all but ONE byte from the Minimum Durability to the Maximum Durability
    3. Change the Minimum Durability to 7F and change the Maximum Durability to FFFF7F
    4. Load up save in-game and repair the weapon
    5. Save and Quit
    6. Open save back into Hex Workshop and you will see that you have more bytes to move from Min to Max Durability
    7. Repeat Steps 2-6 until you have 5 bytes for Min and Max Durability (Highest it can go)
    8. Remove 4 bytes from Min Durability and 1 byte from Max Durability (5 Bytes = 1 new Effect you can add)
    9. Add a new Effect
    10. Load save in-game and repair weapon, Save and Quit
    11. Load save into Hex Workshop and move 1 byte from Min to Max
    12. Load save in-game, repair, Save and Quit
    13. Load save into Hex Workshop
    14. Repeat steps 8-13 (32 Effects on an item is the MAX you can have)
    Yo Idlehands, I created a profile on this site solely to ask you something. I've been trying to mod a Legendary weapon on the PS3 console version. I have been following your steps and to my surprise have been having success in moving the durability, one-by-one, to create new bytes......until now. I need something cleared up. I am on step 8 with my weapon. When you say that the min and max should have 5 bytes each you meant including the prefix that begins the codes, correct? (ex. "38" for min and "60" for max) My minimum durability in hex reads "38 FF FF FF 7F" and my max reads "60 FF FF FF 7F". Your instructions say to remove 4 bytes from min and 1 from max (5 total to input a new affix).....If I were to remove 4 bytes from min, all that would be remaining is the "38" that starts the min code, thus corrupting the savefile. It frustrates me to have made it this far in the process with high hopes of the end result to hit a wall here, and I desperately want to learn this; I've spent hours trying different things. I need to know what to do at the point I've made it to, please. I've tried removing the 3 "FF" bytes in the min code (leaving "38 7F") and 2 of the "FF"'s in the max code (leaving "60 FF 7F"), which allowed me to add a new affix, yes, but afterwards when the weapon was repaired, a new byte didn't appear in the min code to allow me to continue with the byte growth, so I'm positive that was incorrect. I've backed my data up every step of the way so my progress wasn't lost, so I'm back now at the min "38 FF FF FF 7F", max "60 FF FF FF 7F". Taking another "FF" from the min and adding it to the max causes the weapon to have no durability min or max in-game, so I need your guidance to continue with this project and am very excited about it so please help me dude......

(By the way, after the sword is completed, if an extra byte is put into max durability beyond the 5 max virtually removing durability from the item, would it still be wield-able in-game without the need to ever repair it? Because I did that by accident and noticed it didn't corrupt the savefile. If so, we could make indestructible items that have no durability value vs having 100,000,000 durability) ;)

I didn't want to mod another Azurewrath, literally every-other-player owns one. What I'm doing is modding a Skycutter sword which is a replica of Tyrael's sword. Which by the way, the random effect on the sword that summons angels on attack is embedded in the item ID, can't be removed and doesn't cost an affix slot to have on the blade. Which is neat. I aim to stack the max 32 effects on the sword, including Holy Damage, Arcane Damage, + Damage %, + Attack Speed.......and would appreciate some other effect ideas from you personally (looking at your Azurewrath, you clearly know what you're doing and how to raise that DPS). And after it's all said and done I'll need your help again because I intend to rename the sword after Tyrael's, "El'druin, Sword Of Justice". I wish we could figure out how to embed the Angelic Wings into it somehow, causing the wielder to display the wings while wearing the sword but that's likely impossible. Regardless, you have to admit it's an interesting project and cooler than the Azurewrath swords floating around everywhere, and I need your help to keep moving forward from here........PLEASE help me over this speed bump!

I'm literally at a stopping point and can't continue without your aid so I will be waiting for you before touching it again. But although I'm excited and want to jump back on it asap, I'd rather your response be detailed vs hasty because if you're brief about it I likely won't have all the answers I need; this is the only time I've ever altered hex in anything so it'll be fairly easy to lose me with a brief explanation. Yet, I do know my way around PC's and have a genius I.Q. lol so I'm not necessarily a moron either......anyway, the press is stopped for you brotha, please help me out....

I REALIZE I ASKED YOU SEVERAL QUESTIONS BUT IF ALL YOU HELP ME WITH IS CONTINUING MY BYTE GROWTH I WILL BE SATISFIED AS IT IS THE MAIN ISSUE WITH CONTINUING MY PROGRESS AND THE ONLY QUESTION TO WHICH AN ANSWER IS ESSENTIAL TO ENABLE MY MOVING FORWARD.
    Last edited by SkinnEternal; 10-29-2013 at 11:46 PM.

SkinnEternal

Quote Originally Posted by SkinnEternal View Post
    I REALIZE I ASKED YOU SEVERAL QUESTIONS BUT IF ALL YOU HELP ME WITH IS CONTINUING MY BYTE GROWTH I WILL BE SATISFIED AS IT IS THE MAIN ISSUE WITH CONTINUING MY PROGRESS AND THE ONLY QUESTION TO WHICH AN ANSWER IS ESSENTIAL TO ENABLE MY MOVING FORWARD.
    WOW!
    I got to messing around and tried again to take 3 bytes from min and 2 bytes from max....added an affix, repaired the weapon in-game, saved my file to usb, brought it back to HxD Hex Editor.......this time it worked. You're not gonna believe this, but last time I tried, I believe now that I forgot to overwrite the file on usb after repairing, and plugged it back into my computer with the OLD DATA before the repair lol! I've got it now; I've added another 4 affixes since my last post and on my way to that 32 max. However, I'd still appreciate advice on what effects to use, and renaming the sword will still be an obstacle without directions...

Inactive Member
    Array

I have a question. I would like to mod an amulet or ring, with a very high MP regain rate. Is there a good modifier to use for this?

zxcvbnma

Anyone know the effect ID for
    Reduces resource cost of Weapon Throw
    Reduces resource cost of Hammer of the Ancients

Let me know please =D?

Array

Anyone know the effect id for "Reduce teleport cooldown by 3 seconds".
    Thanks in advance! =D

Array

Miao Re: Diablo III - Item Modding

Quote Originally Posted by dose View Post
    I'll look and see if i have them still and get the id.

On a side note its not related to item modding but if anyone wants a sex change its the 10th byte from the end of your name. I can get it to change once but cant figure how to change it back. Its always gonna be +2 changing from male or female, but like i said i cant figure how to change back once ive already made the edit.

Edit:

36 25 22 0E = White
    C9 91 18 AB = Red
    manage to do sex change thanks to dose haha!

after your name you should see this byte:

80 80 80 B0 - male
    82 80 80 F0 - female

change to your liking

Uberdiaper

I guess I could contribute something, ladies. Voila -
    E2 35 FF 06 - 140 something % crit damage. :)