For a while, I've been trying to figure out how to hack this game's save file. There seems to be a checksum in place, and I have no clue on how to proceed; I've no experience in cracking any kind of encryption. Renegade says he's figured it out and that he's making an editor, and that once it is released he will reveal how he did it. This notwithstanding, I'd like to get started in modding at least my own save while I wait. In an effort to try and crack the checksum (again, I'm very new to this) I've taken four saves at slightly different progress points in the game and compared them. Here's my personal analysis of the data.

There is what seems to be the checksum at the beginning of the save. It looks to be 32 bytes long, but it may be 48 bytes (I'm standing by 32). I'm having a hell of a time cracking this thing and can't seem to get anywhere at all. After getting a little ways into the save, I noticed that there were little segments separated by strings of "F". Each segment is divided up into two sections: a short one, and a slightly longer one that uses the short one as a beginning and finishes off with extra data. The extra data in the long ones all seem to hold very high values never used in the game; an example would be 67 (103), too high to be limit points or power level, much too low to be Galaxy Mode high scores. However, some sections have insanely large values, ie 0180EE0F (25,226,767), which is extremely close to what a high score would actually look like. If those huge values are indeed high scores, then the (long) sections that don't have values this high may be ones that I either haven't played yet or haven't gotten very far in. At any rate, these segments seem to be unique to each character, As to whether it is only character data, only Galaxy Mode data, or both, I can't tell yet. I'm leaning towards both, but keeping my mind open since that leaves a very large portion of the save (more than half) unaccounted for. These segments stop appearing at offset 005A80. There sits another chunk of data starting at 005AC0 and lasting for 112 bytes, and each byte ranges anywhere from 00 to FF. I think these are completion percents for Galaxy Mode, but I don't know for sure; the checksum keeps me from doing any tests. Everything after seems abysmal; my bet is Battle Zone, items, supers, Ball Master percent,win:lose ratio, stages unlocked, etc. What I'm really having trouble with is the blasted checksum. I need to figure out just how it works.

And that's it so far. I've never cracked a checksum before, so I don't know what to look for when comparing saves. I really don't want anybody to hack my game for me, as I'd rather do it myself and try to learn from it. And, as promised, I'm providing my four comparison saves. I look forward to learning something. ^-^

DRAGONBALL RAGINGBLAST2.zip