360haven works best with JavaScript enabled
Dragon Ball: Raging Blast 2 help
Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    JENGA MASTER SUPREME
    Emerald Lance

Array

Dragon Ball: Raging Blast 2 help

For a while, I've been trying to figure out how to hack this game's save file. There seems to be a checksum in place, and I have no clue on how to proceed; I've no experience in cracking any kind of encryption. Renegade says he's figured it out and that he's making an editor, and that once it is released he will reveal how he did it. This notwithstanding, I'd like to get started in modding at least my own save while I wait. In an effort to try and crack the checksum (again, I'm very new to this) I've taken four saves at slightly different progress points in the game and compared them. Here's my personal analysis of the data.

There is what seems to be the checksum at the beginning of the save. It looks to be 32 bytes long, but it may be 48 bytes (I'm standing by 32). I'm having a hell of a time cracking this thing and can't seem to get anywhere at all. After getting a little ways into the save, I noticed that there were little segments separated by strings of "F". Each segment is divided up into two sections: a short one, and a slightly longer one that uses the short one as a beginning and finishes off with extra data. The extra data in the long ones all seem to hold very high values never used in the game; an example would be 67 (103), too high to be limit points or power level, much too low to be Galaxy Mode high scores. However, some sections have insanely large values, ie 0180EE0F (25,226,767), which is extremely close to what a high score would actually look like. If those huge values are indeed high scores, then the (long) sections that don't have values this high may be ones that I either haven't played yet or haven't gotten very far in. At any rate, these segments seem to be unique to each character, As to whether it is only character data, only Galaxy Mode data, or both, I can't tell yet. I'm leaning towards both, but keeping my mind open since that leaves a very large portion of the save (more than half) unaccounted for. These segments stop appearing at offset 005A80. There sits another chunk of data starting at 005AC0 and lasting for 112 bytes, and each byte ranges anywhere from 00 to FF. I think these are completion percents for Galaxy Mode, but I don't know for sure; the checksum keeps me from doing any tests. Everything after seems abysmal; my bet is Battle Zone, items, supers, Ball Master percent,win:lose ratio, stages unlocked, etc. What I'm really having trouble with is the blasted checksum. I need to figure out just how it works.

And that's it so far. I've never cracked a checksum before, so I don't know what to look for when comparing saves. I really don't want anybody to hack my game for me, as I'd rather do it myself and try to learn from it. And, as promised, I'm providing my four comparison saves. I look forward to learning something. ^-^

DRAGONBALL RAGINGBLAST2.zip

Xbox God

Array
    hmmm let me download this game and ill get back to you.
    Downloads : 39 || Uploads : 6 || Rep Power : 5802 || Posts : 718 || Thanks : 12 || Thanked 814 Times in 62 Posts

Zero

Extorris
    Array
    Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Lance View Post
    For a while, I've been trying to figure out how to hack this game's save file. There seems to be a checksum in place, and I have no clue on how to proceed; I've no experience in cracking any kind of encryption. Renegade says he's figured it out and that he's making an editor, and that once it is released he will reveal how he did it. This notwithstanding, I'd like to get started in modding at least my own save while I wait. In an effort to try and crack the checksum (again, I'm very new to this) I've taken four saves at slightly different progress points in the game and compared them. Here's my personal analysis of the data.

There is what seems to be the checksum at the beginning of the save. It looks to be 32 bytes long, but it may be 48 bytes (I'm standing by 32). I'm having a hell of a time cracking this thing and can't seem to get anywhere at all. After getting a little ways into the save, I noticed that there were little segments separated by strings of "F". Each segment is divided up into two sections: a short one, and a slightly longer one that uses the short one as a beginning and finishes off with extra data. The extra data in the long ones all seem to hold very high values never used in the game; an example would be 67 (103), too high to be limit points or power level, much too low to be Galaxy Mode high scores. However, some sections have insanely large values, ie 0180EE0F (25,226,767), which is extremely close to what a high score would actually look like. If those huge values are indeed high scores, then the (long) sections that don't have values this high may be ones that I either haven't played yet or haven't gotten very far in. At any rate, these segments seem to be unique to each character, As to whether it is only character data, only Galaxy Mode data, or both, I can't tell yet. I'm leaning towards both, but keeping my mind open since that leaves a very large portion of the save (more than half) unaccounted for. These segments stop appearing at offset 005A80. There sits another chunk of data starting at 005AC0 and lasting for 112 bytes, and each byte ranges anywhere from 00 to FF. I think these are completion percents for Galaxy Mode, but I don't know for sure; the checksum keeps me from doing any tests. Everything after seems abysmal; my bet is Battle Zone, items, supers, Ball Master percent,win:lose ratio, stages unlocked, etc. What I'm really having trouble with is the blasted checksum. I need to figure out just how it works.

And that's it so far. I've never cracked a checksum before, so I don't know what to look for when comparing saves. I really don't want anybody to hack my game for me, as I'd rather do it myself and try to learn from it. And, as promised, I'm providing my four comparison saves. I look forward to learning something. ^-^

DRAGONBALL RAGINGBLAST2.zip
    I apologize in advanace for my delay, unfortunately i lost my source code for the editor and unless i find my whitepaper with the research i founded, I can no longer continue the editor :(, After christmas when i get a moment off work, I shall finish up my gamesave, and then research it again.

klepto
    My left nut is still up for grabs if someone can make an editor for this game. I'd love to be able to have unlimited points to add a ton of items.

Xbox God

Array
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    I apologize in advanace for my delay, unfortunately i lost my source code for the editor and unless i find my whitepaper with the research i founded, I can no longer continue the editor :(, After christmas when i get a moment off work, I shall finish up my gamesave, and then research it again.
    If you want renny I can help you?We never really worked something together:P

And there is a checksum on this game so ill do some research on it and see what I come up with.
    Last edited by Genesis; 12-23-2010 at 07:49 PM.
    Downloads : 39 || Uploads : 6 || Rep Power : 5802 || Posts : 718 || Thanks : 12 || Thanked 814 Times in 62 Posts

Zero

Haven Donator
    Array
    i figured it probably had a checksum or something like that. I tried to mod the limit points but after rehash/resigning and loading it up it came up corrupted.
    Renegade i hope u can find your white paper cause i know it would suck to have to re-research it again.
    Downloads : 29 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 5069 || Posts : 222 || Thanks : 114 || Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts

http://www.360haven.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=106&dateline=12986652  37

Xbox God

Array
    Quote Originally Posted by evilhotice View Post
    i figured it probably had a checksum or something like that. I tried to mod the limit points but after rehash/resigning and loading it up it came up corrupted.
    Renegade i hope u can find your white paper cause i know it would suck to have to re-research it again.
    His a very good researcher I'm pretty sure he can get it again.

Zero

JENGA MASTER SUPREME
    Emerald Lance

Array
    Quote Originally Posted by Genesis View Post
    His a very good researcher I'm pretty sure he can get it again.
    Yeah, no doubt on that. Good luck with getting things back up and running. If there's anything I can do, just let me know. Also, when you re-learn how to get past the checksum, please give me a heads up. I think that's all I need to move through the save myself, and I'm pretty anxious for a chance to get started. ^-^;

Quote Originally Posted by klepto View Post
    My left nut is still up for grabs if someone can make an editor for this game. I'd love to be able to have unlimited points to add a ton of items.
    Hah! You still haven't given that thing away yet? You might as well put it in a bag and write Renegade on the bag. If anybody makes an editor, it'll more than likely be him.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast