360haven works best with JavaScript enabled
Games that install
Register
    Array

Games that install

I got hold of my nephews psp and tried to play metal gear solid peace walker but the game asks to install and when it goes to about 20%ish, it says it can not install i do actually have like 2GB left on the memory stick....
    Downloads : 29 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 4943 || Posts : 110 || Thanks : 23 || Thanked 15 Times in 8 Posts

BADMAN

Eradic

Re: Games that install

had the same problem with a diffrent game, took a few trys and it worked. any possible movement i did messed up the install. so i started the install and went and did something else. another possibility is the memory card came loose during that time. I have a psp1000 if that helps.

Array

Using the original psp the fat one and i did not move it about just gives same result.
    Downloads : 29 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 4943 || Posts : 110 || Thanks : 23 || Thanked 15 Times in 8 Posts

BADMAN

Wisdom Sold Seperately

Array

Are you playing off the actual UMD or an iso?
    From what i read the install is optional so you could technically go without if you must but i know thats not what we want.

Some basics to try are checkdisking the stick in a pc, memory sticks like sd cards, tend to go somewhat dodgy for no reason and nothing helps like a good old chkdsk (i recommend a chkdsk for every storage device ever made, it hardly makes things worse).
    If that doesn't work then there is a possibility the umd is scratched, if you are playing off an iso then an install wouldnt do much anyway, it's already on the stick :p
    The installs are in the ballpark of 880mb or about 300ishmb so you are as you said well within the limits, have you actually confirmed how much free space you have though?

So in summary, run a chkdsk, mention if you are using umd or iso and try again, failing that just ignore it as something that cant be done currently and enjoy the game anyway.

jimcamx

I know this is ages old to reply to but I've heard issues like this one can be avoided by using the official ProDuo memory cards from Sony. Just wondering if this is what you needed to solve your problem.