360haven works best with JavaScript enabled
[Release] Iron Brigade (Trenched) Encrypt/Decrypt Hash Fixer v1.0 - Page 4
Register
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Array

Re: Iron Brigade (Trenched) Encrypt/Decrypt Hash Fixer v1.0

this game is just sooo muvh fun and with this editor adds a lot more epicness! thanks again

Reverse engineer
    Vulnavia

Array

Quote Originally Posted by xxxAcid View Post
    i have successfully used your tool a number of times over the last week or so for editing my xp, money and also adding weapons and items and not had any problem at all it works perfect.
    Anyway as you asked for a tester iv just created a new save file, extracted all 3 files from the save then decrypted then reencrypted each of the files (even though only the extend.sav is needed for editing), injected/replaced them back into the save and loaded up the save fine. What i did notice was the save started at 2mb and after being decrypted and reencrypted it was just 80kb but still it loads fine.

Nice tool mate thank you =) if you require any save files for the game let us know ill sort some out for you
    Ok, first thank you for the Answer, so its like i supposed its only clutter, but c'mon 2mb is a bit much?!

I also rechecked in IDA and there is absolutely nothing apart of decrypting(Trivial Xor by fixed 4 Bytes Value) the two Sizes (compressed size, uncompressed size) and the Hash(SHA256) and also then they load the compressed size of the compressed Block thats all... After that the Block is decompressed and the SHA256 is used with a large Salt over the decompressed Data, if it matches there are no more checks.

So yeah, there is nothing and it should indeed work fine.

But 2mb is a bit much, especially because the Buffer they use is max 32kb and they expect the uncompressed Data to be less or equal 8kb, on compression they save the Buffer that was calculated by zlib expectation, this may be the the Clutter because sometimes it matches sometimes not... My Tool can get the Size of the compressed exactly, so there is no Clutter, apart of that the Files matches 100% if they are not modified.

The Saves i had to test was all relatively small (2-3kb) so i can't really imagine why there should be some with 2mb and even 80kb is a bit much, also i really wonder how you even loaded the Saves in this Tool, because i limited the Filesize to 32kb max (max Buffersize of Game itself), so you can't impossibly load 2mb or 80kb Files, so i suppose you mean 2kb compressed and 8kb uncompressed? Or do you mean the Size of the CON File? If so that is possible, because CON Files can grow like this and if injected/created freshly and resigned the Size can suddenly be corrected to what it should be.

360HAVEN
    Array

Quote Originally Posted by Vulnavia View Post
    Ok, first thank you for the Answer, so its like i supposed its only clutter, but c'mon 2mb is a bit much?!

I also rechecked in IDA and there is absolutely nothing apart of decrypting(Trivial Xor by fixed 4 Bytes Value) the two Sizes (compressed size, uncompressed size) and the Hash(SHA256) and also then they load the compressed size of the compressed Block thats all... After that the Block is decompressed and the SHA256 is used with a large Salt over the decompressed Data, if it matches there are no more checks.

So yeah, there is nothing and it should indeed work fine.

But 2mb is a bit much, especially because the Buffer they use is max 32kb and they expect the uncompressed Data to be less or equal 8kb, on compression they save the Buffer that was calculated by zlib expectation, this may be the the Clutter because sometimes it matches sometimes not... My Tool can get the Size of the compressed exactly, so there is no Clutter, apart of that the Files matches 100% if they are not modified.

The Saves i had to test was all relatively small (2-3kb) so i can't really imagine why there should be some with 2mb and even 80kb is a bit much, also i really wonder how you even loaded the Saves in this Tool, because i limited the Filesize to 32kb max (max Buffersize of Game itself), so you can't impossibly load 2mb or 80kb Files, so i suppose you mean 2kb compressed and 8kb uncompressed? Or do you mean the Size of the CON File? If so that is possible, because CON Files can grow like this and if injected/created freshly and resigned the Size can suddenly be corrected to what it should be.
    yes thats right i diddnt explain clearly what i meant its the CON file that was 2mb the extracted files i used with your tool are nowhere near that size and remain the same size before and after they are decrypted and reencrypted

Array

thanks you very much for this tool guy

Array

Really cool, great work.

Array

works fine for me but i think some shop unlocks are reache a certain level based so does anyone know the level xp for each level
    plus i would like to know some of the better setups currently going with laser and ripper with the heavy armor sometimes with sniper cannon usualy with the highest gun emplacement mostly shotgun on the lower levels assault on higher levels.

HijoDelSol

Thanks for the work, Vulnavia. I personally haven't gotten it to work, but that might be because either resign/rehashed when I didn't need to, got too ambitious with PlayerWarChest Count editing, or just tried to add ItemIDs that don't exist. But as soon as someone figures out proper editing of those I'll give it another go. I wonder if the extend.sav of the Steam version's files can be decrypted and encrypted with the same tool?

Quote Originally Posted by xxxAcid View Post
    does anyone have any good items in their save file so we can put together a list of the ids ?
    Preferably someone who has the Double Fine Trenched Newsletter bonuses (Double Fine Paint job, Battle Hair, Roadie Jacket), as they're impossible to get legitimately now. They're the items I was trying to add via trial and error.

Quote Originally Posted by lickerout View Post
    works fine for me but i think some shop unlocks are reache a certain level based so does anyone know the level xp for each level
    plus i would like to know some of the better setups currently going with laser and ripper with the heavy armor sometimes with sniper cannon usualy with the highest gun emplacement mostly shotgun on the lower levels assault on higher levels.
    Sorry, not sure how much XP each level requires since XP seems to fill up rather quickly on the results screen. Regarding setups, it really depends on whether you're defending a building, yourself (Survival mode), or fighting a boss, I think. Also whether or not you're playing alone. If you're playing with others, you might want to make sure you're all on the same page regarding turret deployment as scrap isn't shared. Currently, I just pick piercing snipers and explosive shotguns and drop machine gun turrets all over, using Sprint+ legs in regular battles and switching out the shotguns for artillery with Fortify++/Quickload legs in boss ones.

GuessWho

Anyone working on a Item id list?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast