360haven works best with JavaScript enabled
Preview of the new windows 8 - Page 2
Register
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    News Reporter

Array

Re: Preview of the new windows 8

Looks more like something off a mobile phone. Will stick with Vista / Win7 me thinks for now.

Developer

Array
    Twitter: @

It's just Windows 7 with an added touch-screen UI.

BFD!

If I was using Windows on something with with a touch-screen I might give a you know what ...

Divided by zero and lived

Array

I would rather have fedora, and not just because it is windows. Its like the Unity desktop environment or the new gnome. They are sacrificing functionality for visualization. It honestly looks like they slapped a new gui onto windows 7. I want something new, where is the wow factor? it looks like a smart phone in my opinion.
    Downloads : 4 || Uploads : 1 || Rep Power : 5535 || Posts : 389 || Thanks : 52 || Thanked 1,033 Times in 236 Posts

DIPSI

looks interesting, i wonder what specs you would need to run all that touch applications and graphics. i like my win7 much better then vista.

Array

that was the tablet version of windows 8 i have used the betas and and ts exactly like windows 7:P just says windows 8 instead there r a few little changes and the introduction of a new "protogen" file system but other then that not too much has changed under the hood

oh yeah a new type of hibernation mode that will make the pc boot almost instantly from shut down, there trying to make instant on possible in this new version of windows

Developer

Array
    Twitter: @

Quote Originally Posted by dereaper View Post
    that was the tablet version of windows 8 i have used the betas and and ts exactly like windows 7:P just says windows 8 instead there r a few little changes and the introduction of a new "protogen" file system but other then that not too much has changed under the hood

oh yeah a new type of hibernation mode that will make the pc boot almost instantly from shut down, there trying to make instant on possible in this new version of windows
    I think my assumption, that it was because of the Windows 7 Ultimate isos that made the rounds so quickly after its release and everyone had a free version of Windows 7 even quicker and easier than Vista or XP, is probably true. They'll probably make it almost mandatory to update, to try and affect the people with the pirated Windows 7 versions.

Senj

Lol, not meaning to be critical but it really does look like a big app for windows 7 in itself. I don't want to get into axuall detail of what i think windows is trying to pull off as some people might not agree also as i tend to be very critical of these Mega Companies and Men Who Love $. nuff said.

ohyeah819

its sooooooooo AMAZING , it looks so beautiful , but im good with window 7 , w8 must be expensive

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast