360haven works best with JavaScript enabled
XCOM: Enemy Within - Page 11
Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast
    Array

Re: XCOM: Enemy Within

Okay first thank you for this editor...
    It loads fresh (unmodded) saves easily enough and saves fine

So on with the bugs...
    -It doesn't load previously modded saves... (either made by this editor or another version of it)
    If you try it'll fail to decompress
    -When loading a fresh save the values in the currency boxes don't represent actual values in game but still work when modded (it may cause issues down the line)
    -When I attempt to mod super soldiers I can't change class (I just took note of what you said above will try changing class fist then rank)
    -When modding super soldiers to have psi levels (Marked all gifted, tested and level 4) I get the rift power but no option to get the initial or original psi powers nor the option to level it up and there is no icon to show the soldier has psi abilities

everything else is good for now... all my saves are at the beginning of the game just after first mission (without tutorials) and I have said issues on a fresh classic/impossible save and fresh classic/normal save

P.S. is it possible to copy and past stats for soldiers or have a place to enter what you want certain stats to be for all soldiers... for those of us who don't want MAX stats but also finds it time consuming to enter individual stats for 40+ soilders
    Last edited by 8Ball; 12-11-2013 at 07:48 PM.

Wisdom Sold Seperately

Array

Righto, for bug report 1:

-Theres nothing I can do about the first bug, they need to be laundered because of Fairchilds toolkit. I suspect it's the compression level he's used, the game can handle it but can the toolkit? who knows.
    -That sounds to be a bug indeed, though the value it shows is what it stores, it works, which is the most important part.
    -Class change is being worked around for rookies by jacking their xp up to colonel amount for a gentle promotion, you are now unable to change their rank, just xp.
    -I encountered the exact opposite, I even have a screenshot showing as such, part of the games code is to weigh up your rank VS how many abilities, on every single soldier i modded i got to choose each and every ability, one after the other. I can't even begin to imagine how to test for this bug as it defies game code.

Theres a neat trick you can cause with 2.1 where you demote a soldier to rookie and they keep their abilities but retrain into a new class, so an assault trooper becomes a sniper, run and gun sniping! It's essentially what happens with training roulette only a lot more chaotic.

I can certainly add in the ability to specify the stats for all of them, I'll que it in my workload.
    Last edited by 8Ball; 12-30-2013 at 01:17 PM.
    Downloads : 101 || Uploads : 18 || Rep Power : 5693 || Posts : 574 || Thanks : 51 || Thanked 463 Times in 200 Posts

3. The Following User Says Thank You to 8Ball For This Useful Post:

Array

Alright it's round 2 and it's a bit tricky

-Okay so noticed that there is a difference in the way the save is read when it comes to Ironman mode and Normal
    Example: methods I used for modding sometimes work for ironman and sometimes work for normal mode but not both at the same time (speaking of modding soldiers) Unless you use the option to mod all tab

-Which brings me to my second point... Individually modding soldiers don't work all soldiers end up having the same stats modded (despite doing each differently and individually) and either they are all psi soldiers or none (despite myself individually changing them in order to leave some modded soilders to later become mechs without psi powers)

-Lastly and more an annoyance than an issue but can become an issue... though I'm able to do it on a fresh save I am unable to switch out modded soldiers before a mission nor am I capable of dismissing soldiers after modded (I believe the later issue is due to there inherited "volunteer" status when they have rift) but even later in a normal gave you should be able to switch out a volunteer "rift" soldier for a normal squad mate for other then the last mission... s

peaking of which my saves are at the start of the game so I have no idea how the game will react at that point and I know that when you become a volunteer you can't change you're armor again (permanent psi armor) I'm too early to see if that is an issue later in the game
    Last edited by 8Ball; 12-13-2013 at 06:48 PM. Reason: Anti-Quote :) Long quote is long.

Wisdom Sold Seperately

Array

Now it's getting interesting, from the sounds of it I need to totally redesign the automation sequence to be more specific. At least the basics are finished, everythings still going smoother than anticipated, getting the soldier loadout to work even remotely close to what I had in mind was tricky.

A lot of what you've mentioned is because of tampering with the psionic skills, I never considered making them rank 4 brands them all volunteers which would explain the difficulty I had swapping out soldiers pre-mission. You wouldn't be able to swap the volunteer out at all because if you recall the game only has the volunteer for the last mission and at no other time, it's programming essentially demands they be present But rank 4 psionic has to go, it's unfeasable.

In an effort to sidestep this massive problem, we can simply give psirank 4 the boot and instead just look into injecting the psirift ability straight into their skillset. psrank 3 should be harmless providing the existing precautions are maintained (no mecs or shivs allowed to be psionic etc.).

Concerning the weird values in the currency slot and hell even the countries I've found is because of the parallel processing I implemented, the stream is simply too unstable and the data too fragile for them to coexist in their existing form, a shame really because the speed benefits were insane, it was educational to say the least. I'm going to remove a lot of the Parallel stuff so it should be stable, but slow.

2.2.1 Is a quickfix to remove the parallel processing which ensures everything is now stable, country code was rewritten but is still proving worthless, the foundations for a more in-depth soldier automation is in place but disabled as it does nothing. psirank automation has been demoted to psirank 3 to prevent problems.

Also seems the xp tables are wrong, 2150 isn't enough to get colonel, I have soldiers on Major that are above that, I'm gonna jack it to 5000 just because.
    Last edited by 8Ball; 12-13-2013 at 06:49 PM.
    Downloads : 101 || Uploads : 18 || Rep Power : 5693 || Posts : 574 || Thanks : 51 || Thanked 463 Times in 200 Posts

Array

Okay here's my unmodded saves fresh from the HD (save 1 is Classic/Ironman; Save 2 is Classic/Normal)

https://www.mediafire.com/?1cnic5ny6zh30x9

to help replicate the errors I'm getting do the following

Currency tab
    -cash 999,999,999
    -alloy, elerium, and meld 999,999,999
    -scientist and engineers 999,999

( I know its alot... Yes I am greedy but these values show up in game with no issues) (beat this game and EU with the same minus meld no issues)
    - reason I have values so high is because when editor is perfected I'd like to play forever not completing story driven missions and researches AKA eternal war on aliens lol

NEXT

Inventory tab
    -all listed items at 9,999,999
    (high yes but loads fine no issues with this in game even when collecting more and going over... high values for same reasons listed above)
    (also during getting hacked by Exalt you lose 50% of funds I'd like to be able to sell inventory items to remain in the green)

Soilder tab
    -20 soilders
    -I attempt to make them all but last 5 of them psi (see earlier post for results) (I plan for the last five to become MEC soldiers)
    -All have 100 HP 200 AIM 200 WILL and 50 DEF
    - There is one Soldier Named Zaquery McXavier (Me lol) who I attempt to make a leader (he's rookie in saves) his stats I attempt to make are as follows 200 HP 250 AIM 250 WILL 60 DEF (but he always ends up with the same stats all the others)

After modding I save and exit program and transfer to USB and then to HD
    Last edited by 8Ball; 12-12-2013 at 04:49 PM. Reason: Anti-Quoting

Array

Editor is great and I'm still using it

Hey 8ball Just inquiring weather or not you're still working on this editor...
    If so...

Latest error report.

-We still get the all or none for maxed psi...
    -Same with all the all soldiers having same stats...

features looking forward too

-being able to add rift ability without level 4 psi rating (I believe its possible based on the hero character Sid Meier having it)

By the way the saves I posted made with this editor had half a hundred downloads in less then 24 hours
    Last edited by Zaqxavier; 12-13-2013 at 07:46 PM. Reason: typo

Wisdom Sold Seperately

Array

Yeah... I just found out why you get the matching stats for all of them, it should be fixed now.

So, Beta 2.4.
    • 2.3 Changelog
    • Fixed Soldiers all having same stats/psi
    • Re-enabled countries with safety checks installed.
    • completed soldier automation options
    • Sections will disable themselves if they error, preventing save access to that section.
    • 2.4 Changelog
    • Fixed PsiRank saving.

Currently experimenting with manipulating the save filesize so I can correctly modify things such as class, barracks roster, unlocks etc.
    So far so bad, I'm beginning to suspect there is a slight problem with the compression method employed or whether I am simply expecting too much of the gamesave, without more space to write in theres simply no way to change class.

I am also implementing support for Enemy Unknown, this includes the iOS & PC versions as well as xbox360. Just need a refresher course in compression algos, they all have their own blends and checksums, nuisances.
    Last edited by 8Ball; 12-30-2013 at 09:23 PM.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 8Ball For This Useful Post:

Array

Near perfected the individual stats are sticking to the right soldiers and I can make some psi and non-psi soldiers as well

1 Error noticed:
    -I usually start by selecting all psi rank 3 gifted and tested
    -Then I would unselect certain soldiers and uncheck gifted and tested and reduce psi rank to zero so they can become MECs (here's where the issues start)
    -In the editor they remain non-gifted and untested but continue to show psi rank three, which I believe in return makes them unable to become MECs despite not haveing psi abilities in game

P.S.: Are you able to add the rift ability without lvl 4

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast