360haven works best with JavaScript enabled
XCOM: Enemy Within - Page 8
Register
Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast
    Array

Re: XCOM: Enemy Within

Quote Originally Posted by 8Ball View Post
    Yeah .Net 4.5 is needed here, I may retract that later after I analyse the speed difference between that and 3.5 (which is built into Vista+), I did mention it a few posts back but guess I forgot this time, surprised it even executed really, normally it would throw a fit.

There aren't any file types really, you have the standard CON file used to store files made on-console (hence, CON) which is an STFS container and then you just have the raw unbridled save data which doesn't have a format name. I take the con, run it through ISOlib which has functions for handling STFS, send it to fairchilds toolkit for decompression, load the decompressed file into a buffer then parse some of the details of interest into editable form.
    The saving is just writing to a buffer, writing said buffer to a file, comrpessing the file and then injecting the rebuilt one into the CON and having isolib sign the file so the xbox is happy.

I originally planned to support already decompressed saves but thats such a nuisance I took it out, you either use a CON or you don't use it at all.

The library really makes this a walk in the park.

In other news I've started work on the soldiers, the datas all loading fine and I'm just working out the smaller details, specifically what values to load of interest, some of the more important ones are strings representing enumerations, may get a bit messy modifying those, resurrections certainly possible though, as is promotions and class jumps.
    Think weapon fragments could come after the soldiers? I don't think I'm the only one that constantly runs into exteme lows on weapon fragments when I'm playing and getting that feature done will probably kill off the sectoid race pretty quickly.

Thanks for your work thus far, by the way! Got it to work after updating the .net and it works fantastic.
    Downloads : 8 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 0 || Posts : 32 || Thanks : 5 || Thanked 6 Times in 5 Posts

[CENTER][IMG]http://img823.imageshack.us/img823/2765/9zk5.jpg[/IMG]
    [COLOR=#0000ff][FONT=century gothic]"Be Happy." - Lucy[/FONT][/COLOR]
    [/CENTER]

Array

is there any way to edit weapon damage?

Array

Quote Originally Posted by ainokeato View Post
    The error is caused by not having the 4.5 .net framework installed which is located:

Here

Update your.net framework and it should be fine. Also, I wasn't able to find much information on what file types are used to open the saves. But, the decompressed saves are unnecessary with 8ball's Save editor all you need is the save file itself, I didn't know this so, just letting anyone else know ahead of time.
    Some one help me here I'm miss understanding I keeping getting an error saying "could not find file with .../saveX.d" and none of the changes take effect. I see it said here that decompression was unnecessary but can someone, anyone, please do a step by step so I can see where I'm going wrong with this...

Nice editor by the way, Cant wait to make super soldiers
    Last edited by Zaqxavier; 11-25-2013 at 10:47 PM. Reason: typo

Wisdom Sold Seperately

Array

Quote Originally Posted by Zaqxavier View Post
    Some one help me here I'm miss understanding I keeping getting an error saying "could not find file with .../saveX.d" and none of the changes take effect. I see it said here that decompression was unnecessary but can someone, anyone, please do a step by step so I can see where I'm going wrong with this...

Nice editor by the way, Cant wait to make super soldiers
    You misunderstand slightly, decompression IS necessary; I've just done it for you. All you literally have to do is put the file you got off your xbox360 into the editor via the open button. That error indicates the decompression toolkit hasn't worked, if it said it's crashed then something is wrong with the save, otherwise I don't know what to tell you. I haven't coded in checks for that yet, what I did code in however is the check for the right file you put in, so if you try and put anything in other than an xcom enemy within gamesave it will tell you, I check it's a CON and I check its the right game, you can't bypass that without trying.
    As far as I know it should all work right up to the decompression, try running as admin (it's safe, promise. ) and keeping the saves in an area you know you have write access, desktop is fine.

I don't think you can mod the weapon damage, thats not something they put in the saves, more of a disc data thing since it never changes excluding when a title update changes it.

I'm moving the weapon fragments up in priority, I too am constantly running low on them, I'll make sure it's in the next release, haven't actually worked on it today, can't be bothered. I'd love to open source this right now and get some other chaps on it, saves me doing all the work.
    Downloads : 101 || Uploads : 18 || Rep Power : 5645 || Posts : 574 || Thanks : 51 || Thanked 463 Times in 200 Posts

Haven Donator

Array

Quote Originally Posted by reidinoir View Post
    is there any way to edit weapon damage?

ya some where but i havent looked moved on to ryse of rome, it where the health. def . aim. will be around there i say.
    dont really need it tho.
    Downloads : 150 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 5701 || Posts : 782 || Thanks : 765 || Thanked 229 Times in 89 Posts

A Lover Not A Fighter

Array

Quote Originally Posted by 8Ball View Post
    You misunderstand slightly, decompression IS necessary; I've just done it for you. All you literally have to do is put the file you got off your xbox360 into the editor via the open button. That error indicates the decompression toolkit hasn't worked, if it said it's crashed then something is wrong with the save, otherwise I don't know what to tell you. I haven't coded in checks for that yet, what I did code in however is the check for the right file you put in, so if you try and put anything in other than an xcom enemy within gamesave it will tell you, I check it's a CON and I check its the right game, you can't bypass that without trying.
    As far as I know it should all work right up to the decompression, try running as admin (it's safe, promise. ) and keeping the saves in an area you know you have write access, desktop is fine.

I don't think you can mod the weapon damage, thats not something they put in the saves, more of a disc data thing since it never changes excluding when a title update changes it.

I'm moving the weapon fragments up in priority, I too am constantly running low on them, I'll make sure it's in the next release, haven't actually worked on it today, can't be bothered. I'd love to open source this right now and get some other chaps on it, saves me doing all the work.
    It seemed to work just fine when i relocated my save to the desktop first I don't know if this will help you in the future to work out any bugs but there it is

Array

Hi, you made a very good job
    I'm french and use french xcom, i can't take your save, my game say problem compatibility because of the language.
    And, i can't edit my save with Xenobane. when i try open save, it's ok until read satellite (the first, united kingdom)
    i have error " l'index se trouve en dehors des limites du tableau" (traduction Google: index is outside the bounds of the array)
    here is my save if you want try.
    http://www45.zippyshare.com/v/40224718/file.html

Is it possible to make a version of Xenobane without satellite ?

Wisdom Sold Seperately

Array

Quote Originally Posted by Yupa View Post
    Is it possible to make a version of Xenobane without satellite ?
    I didn't factor in the language differences when I wrote the council section, I've switced it by switching to country codes, did you know the game keeps track of 36 or so countries? For now I've disabled it until I can flesh it out with panic, monthly payments etc.Which has sped the reading up anyway, yay! Whats interesting about your save is you have 2 'ghost' soldiers, they have no names, no IDs and for the most part they seem useless. I've coded in an additional check for such soldiers so hopefully the editor ignores them completely before they break anything, perhaps they are hirelings?

I've also paused soldier development to work on the inventory, I was having trouble deciding the format I would store the data in, it's more to make it easier for me rather than anything you need to worry about, opted for using yet another class and then a class list, those things are awesome. It's funny because the more detail I go into the closer this all resembles the games actual loading procedure and the loading time shoots up, but I have a cunning plan to shrink that down, it involves cloning the buffer to allow multiple reads, it's a few megabytes tops, hardly a dent in the gigs of RAM we all have. Wouldn't have to clone it if I could just get parallel reads from a memorystream working as-is but it would require a lot of tinkering and I simply can't be bothered with that crap, might do it for Deus Ex, it needs it!

Version 4 has mostly concealed changes, currently you can edit the currencies, staff and weapon fragments, everything else is unimplemented or locked out.

I also did an almost complete scan of the inventory section of the save and mapped it out, as suspected, the order it appears in game is the order in the save, the hint was the way it wasn't alphabetical but the upgraded corpses went after the inferior.
    Last edited by 8Ball; 11-28-2013 at 12:37 PM.
    Downloads : 101 || Uploads : 18 || Rep Power : 5645 || Posts : 574 || Thanks : 51 || Thanked 463 Times in 200 Posts

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 8Ball For This Useful Post:

Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast