360haven works best with JavaScript enabled
[Alpha] Lightning Returns Basic SE v0.57 - Page 26
Register
Page 26 of 110 FirstFirst ... 162122232425262728293031365176101 ... LastLast
    Array

Re: Lightning Returns Basic Save Editor v0.19

Quote Originally Posted by MsWolfe View Post
    You may not have noticed, but every time you edit a save and hit save. You have to move the modified save out of the folder directory and reload it. Otherwise you'll get handling exceptions.

You also have to reload the save every time after you save it.
    I'm not having a problem with the save or anything. :) I just can't access the tools for some reason. No matter how many times I try reloading, the tools part doesn't open no matter how many time I click it. Maybe I should try re-downloading it?

Never mind lol, I just saw that it can't be used for PS3 yet. Stupid me!

Dyno03

Does this work on US PS3? ive tried editing a save but it keeps making the save corrupt?

darkmikasonfire

Quote Originally Posted by Dyno03 View Post
    Does this work on US PS3? ive tried editing a save but it keeps making the save corrupt?
    read from page 18 to here, I think someone posted how to use it properly for the PS3 on page 18, but I'm not 100% sure it was exactly that page, but I know it was between 18 and 24. NVM found it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tirki View Post
    Yo, for all the people using PS3, it can be quite confusing.... here's how I do it.
    Run Decrypter and open the directory/folder of your save. should get no errors. if you select just your APP It could give you an error about file integrity.
    When it is decrypted, Open the save editor with PS3 mode checked. boxes should fill with your save info. Edit Basic stuff like GIL and HP..I've just used GIL (9million) and ATB regen (set to 100) so I almost never run out of ATB. :) NEXT! save it. HERE is the confusing part.
    The NEW EDITED APP.dat is in the save editor root folder. Copy it to your original save folder APP.dat/Overwrite it. (yes, the same app.dat you have decrypted) then when that is in your save folder. Go back to Decrypter and ENCRYPT the whole folder. Just the way you Decrytped. then use USB drive or however you transfer stuff back to your PS3. It'll load like normal.
    Remember, The tools don't work for PS3 yet.
    ALso don't set stuff too high there are different limits for easy/norm and hard. the game WILL crash if you go over these. you can find the limits futher back on this thread. Hope that helps some people. leave me something nice in outerworld! :P~

key3069

Quote Originally Posted by LuciferzFury View Post
    Also a note for anyone who has similar issues with this

Do not put your initial, unedited save on the same folder as the Save Editor. Either create a new folder with your clean save, or place it somewhere else.
    Your edited, modified save file will be located in the same folder as the Save Editor once you are done and have saved your editing.

That isn't whats going on in my case. The folder where the save editor is is already cleared. Just the editor there. It just will not load my save file any longer regardless of where I try to load it from.

Array

Re: Lightning Returns Basic Save Editor v0.07

Can someone post a simple step by step for 360?
    Would greatly appreciate it. Thanks.
    Downloads : 27 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 4929 || Posts : 313 || Thanks : 138 || Thanked 27 Times in 12 Posts

If I Cant Be A Good EXAMPLE .. Ill Just Have To Be A Horrible WARNING

Special Member
    Demon

Array

Quote Originally Posted by I_Bang_Fat_Chicks View Post
    Can someone post a simple step by step for 360?
    Would greatly appreciate it. Thanks.
    Not sure what you do but I keep my modded saves on a USB.

1. Unplug the USB from your Xbox and Plug it into the Computer with Horizon Open.

2. Locate your Save and drag it somewhere. I usually drag it onto the desktop.

3. Open the save Editor and Hit Open. Find your save and open it in the save editor.

4. Edit as desired. When you are done hit file and Save.

5. Once you are saved you'll notice the "Tools" section became grayed out. You'll have to reload your save to make changes again but make sure the folder where you keep your save editor has the modded save removed. As it stores the modified save there, what the editor does instead of using the fresh copy of your save on your desktop. It makes a copy in the editors folder and edits that instead. If you try to reload the save again while the modified file is still there, you'll get errors.

6. Drag the Modified Save back into Horizon and hit Save to Device - USB - Yes - Yes.

7. Plug back into Xbox and your good to go.

(ALWAYS HAVE BACKUPS! JUST INCASE : D)
    Downloads : 16 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 4470 || Posts : 187 || Thanks : 55 || Thanked 60 Times in 27 Posts

★★Dread Queen Esdeath★★

One Hit Wonder
    Array

works on 360? cause i try to use it and when i hit open and select the ff13-00.dat nothing happens... by the way im using win8 don't know if is because of that

Array

Quote Originally Posted by MsWolfe View Post
    Not sure what you do but I keep my modded saves on a USB.

1. Unplug the USB from your Xbox and Plug it into the Computer with Horizon Open.

2. Locate your Save and drag it somewhere. I usually drag it onto the desktop.

3. Open the save Editor and Hit Open. Find your save and open it in the save editor.

4. Edit as desired. When you are done hit file and Save.

5. Once you are saved you'll notice the "Tools" section became grayed out. You'll have to reload your save to make changes again but make sure the folder where you keep your save editor has the modded save removed. As it stores the modified save there, what the editor does instead of using the fresh copy of your save on your desktop. It makes a copy in the editors folder and edits that instead. If you try to reload the save again while the modified file is still there, you'll get errors.

6. Drag the Modified Save back into Horizon and hit Save to Device - USB - Yes - Yes.

7. Plug back into Xbox and your good to go.

(ALWAYS HAVE BACKUPS! JUST INCASE : D)

Sorry i should have been more specific, what i mean by step by step was for the editor.
    Lol i know about Horizon and everything else but weather i extract ff13-00 or APP.DAT
    I always get an "error" popup box sometimes 2. one saying that something was not found it looked something like "MVH474.dll"
    and the other was the one im guessing everyone else got about the click "continue to ignore the issue"
    I even made 2 backup folders for both the APP.DAT and ff13-00 saves
    I just tried what you said and when i drag my save from Horizon it puts the ff13-00 on my desktop
    and i tried to open it with the editor still got the same 2 errors.
    I thought of sending you my save so you can see if something is wrong?
    Im fairly early in the game so idk if thats a problem im right after they open the first gates.
    But uh.. i guess thats it for now if i have any other problems i'll be sure to let you know.
    Downloads : 27 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 4929 || Posts : 313 || Thanks : 138 || Thanked 27 Times in 12 Posts

If I Cant Be A Good EXAMPLE .. Ill Just Have To Be A Horrible WARNING