[Tutorial] Simple Hex Modding Final Fantasy XIII-3: Lightning Returns - Page 16
Register
Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 61112131415161718192021 LastLast
    Gfx Artist
    Rpg_Fan

Array

Re: Simple Hex Modding Final Fantasy XIII-3: Lightning Returns

Quote Originally Posted by triniboy1016 View Post
    Anything on adding abilities like Attack lvl5(rare) or Attack * o_o was looking for this but founds nuffin yet x.x
    It's all there in my post. There's various links that lead to the answer of that question.
    Downloads : 25 || Uploads : 1 || Rep Power : 5902 || Posts : 925 || Thanks : 86 || Thanked 234 Times in 134 Posts

Array
    Twitter: @

Quote Originally Posted by Ryudo View Post
    It's all there in my post. There's various links that lead to the answer of that question.
    I must be blind then o__o lol ill relook at it an see ,_,

Array

How do you exactly reduce the ATB cost for skills? I've been trying to figure it out and either increase the cost, or make it the default cost. Dx

Do i have to make the Hexadecimal dip over 200 before it starts to reduce the skill cost, or am i going about it all wrong?

Array

I know this is a stupid question, but neither Horizon nor Modio will let me re-insert my modded and re-encrypted APP.DAT. With Horizon I get an error, and with Modio, the attempts to modify the package contents (i.e., APP.DAT) just don't "take". I'm at my wits end here...what do I do?

Array

First of all I would like to thank all the people who've invested their time into this tutorial. It's very detailed and easy to use. However I'm having trouble getting it to work.

What I'm trying to do, is edit abilities. For now just random ones, just to get the hang of how this works as I am new to hex editing. My problem is this, when I'm done editing the save and load it up again, nothing changes and all my abilities are just as they were before. And If I try to deviate from the tutorial, my save just comes up corrupted.

I really need help getting this to work. Learning to edit abilities in this game is very important to me, as i'm enjoying this game a lot but the endless grind is really killing it for me. So I would really appreciate some help with this. To make it easier for you guys to spot what i'm doing wrong, I'll post the steps i made.

I extract my APP.DAT from the container file to my desktop using Horizon, decrypt the file with Jappi's tool, load it in HxD, change an ability following the tutorial, hit either the save icon or use the "save as" option, re-encrypt the file, then use it to replace the old one in horizon and then save rehash/resign (I've also tried not re-encrypting and not rehash/resigning but that didn't work either.). I'm not sure if I did something wrong here or if the problem lies elsewhere but I would really like some help with this. If any additional information is needed, let me know and I'll post it.

Array

Okay, so I got it to work now I think. I still have one question though. From what I gathered reading through the topic, adding abilities is problematic, but what about changing one ability into another? Like say attack or blizzard into elementaga or disaster? Would that work? And if it does, what if the ability I change from is in a different category then the ability I change to? Will it automatically adjust it when I load the game or do they heve to be in the same category to begin with? If anyone could answer those questions it would be much appreciated.

Gfx Artist
    Rpg_Fan

Array

Changing an ability is perfectly fine. That's the fun part of this, being able to change default stuff into different things.
    Downloads : 25 || Uploads : 1 || Rep Power : 5902 || Posts : 925 || Thanks : 86 || Thanked 234 Times in 134 Posts

Array

That's great, it'll be fun messing around with some abilities and getting the most powerful ones to max level. Elementaga takes 465 playthroughs to fully level, I mean that's completely and utterly insane. Who in their right mind would wanna do that? Now, thanks to this tutorial I'll be able to get it any time I want. Great work guys, it's very helpful.