360haven works best with JavaScript enabled
Dark Souls 2 Modding Discussion - Page 27
Register
Page 27 of 63 FirstFirst ... 21722232425262728293031323752 ... LastLast
    Array

Re: Dark Souls 2 Modding Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Jrock View Post
    Hey everyone. I'm interested in editing my inventory, but I need some help. I've tried to use a save/inventory editor that's already out, but unfortunately it doesn't work on Windows XP, which is the only OS I have access to at the moment. This one looks like it's coming along great, but until it's released I'd like to try editing my inventory manually. I downloaded Hex Workshop and fiddled around with it briefly, but honestly it's all a bit daunting. The only hex editing I've ever done before was with Dragon's Dogma, but it was with a program specifically designed for that game. Basically, I have no idea how to use Hex Workshop with Dark Souls 2. I've read through the entire thread, along with another thread on hex editing, but I'm still pretty clueless.

Anyway, here's the thing. All I want to do is give a new character the Faraam armor set from the beginning of the game. That's it. I have no interest in editing stats, souls, or anything else.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

P.S. The editor looks amazing! Can't wait for it to be finished!
    check your pm.

Array

Quote Originally Posted by fluffyfox View Post
    In theory, yes. But if you dont want to replace items that you already have, be sure to use a line where no item-id is present (Blocks C to F).
    Also take a look at Block 1 where the flag is set for character or chest (so you know where to search for your added items ingame).

If you´re not sure what you are doing the easiest way would be to buy a useless item ingame, search for that value in the hexeditor and replace it with the desired item.
    thanks a lot for the tip fluffyfox, now I understand it better, I found such a slot (after 00001E2C address) where blocks C to F are 0. But I don't quite understand the block 1 comment you made. If its 80 what does it mean as opposed to it being 00?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WDWDWEQD.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	31.6 KB 
ID:	14297

Thank you!

-----edit------

Ok got it, if block 1 is 80 its in your item box, if its 00 the item is in your inventory.
    Last edited by rifleman; 03-20-2014 at 08:13 PM.

Array

Quote Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
    thanks a lot for the tip fluffyfox, now I understand it better, I found such a slot where blocks C to F are 0. But I don't quite understand the block 1 comment you made. If its 80 what does it mean as opposed to it being 00?

Views:	29 
Size:	31.6 KB 
ID:	14297

Thank you!
    80 means it´s placed in the item-box
    00 means it´s placed in the char-inventory

(or the other way around, i´m sure you´ll figure that out)

Array

Quote Originally Posted by fluffyfox View Post
    80 means it´s placed in the item-box
    00 means it´s placed in the char-inventory
    thanks, yes I just figured that out, wouldn't I also have to check block 11? because by default hex workshop has 0 to 1F columns and some items appear from C to F and others from 1C to 1F. I guess I know the answer to this but just confirming.

Array

thanks, yes I just figured that out, wouldn't I also have to check block 11? because by default hex workshop has 0 to 1F columns and some items appear from C to F and others from 1C to 1F. I guess I know the answer to this but just confirming.
    It really depends on what item you´re editing. Editing armor only needs you to change the respective blocks for storage place and ID, quality is optional for example, if you leave it at 00 the quality is set to default, 01 would be +1 whereas 0A would be +10. Spells use another value for number of uses for example and consumables need to be given a value for quantity and so on.

Some items also just have shorter IDs, they begin at line D, the rest is 0s.

Just refer to the picture in the first post submitted by Idlehands to see what to change for what item and what not.
    If you´re not sure, just leave it as it is and look ingame for the outcome, come back and change and so on. It´s try and error if you´re new to it.

Developer
    matthewjohn

Array

also with amour and wepons duarblity is 4ytes infront of your of set and the next byte is upgrade points

Array

how about souls? is the value for its quantity located 5 bytes ahead of the offset also? just like other items?

for example the covetous demon soul located at offset 03D1EF90. I can see its in my item box because of block 1 being 80 and in C to F i can find the offset and 5 bytes ahead of it I found the int32 number of to be 3879 because the hex shows as 27 0F. But in the itembox the number is 999. Is this because of a upper limit on how many can be shown in the itembox?

Maybe I am interpreting something wrong here because at the second byte after the last offset byte (UNDER COLUMN 11) I see another 80? and I am counting 5 bytes from the last offset byte to locate the quantity of the item.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails WDWDWEQD.jpg  

★ The Exiled One ★
    Exiledone

Array
    Twitter: @

how about souls? is the value for its number of located 5 bytes ahead of the offset also? just like other items?

for example the covetous demon soul located at offset 03D216A0. I can see its in my item box because of block 1 being 80 and in C to F i can find the offset and 5 bytes ahead of it I found the number of to be 3879. But in the itembox the number is 999. Is this because of a upper limit on how many can be shown in the itembox?

Views:	97 
Size:	22.8 KB 
ID:	14299
    You know you'd have a 1000000000x easier time if you changed your preferences to only show 16 columns at the top (00-0F).
    Downloads : 71 || Uploads : 4 || Rep Power : 14312 || Posts : 4,709 || Thanks : 1,168 || Thanked 16,733 Times in 1,843 Posts

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Idlehands88 For This Useful Post: