360haven works best with JavaScript enabled
Best type of code to learn to make save editors or make games
Register
    Array

Best type of code to learn to make save editors or make games

So im wondering with the multiple types of codes out there python, javascript, html, ect.. which is the best to learn for modding or making games? Also do any of these also help with learning how to use hex editors? Any help is appreciated

Developer
    matthewjohn

Array

Re: Best type of code to learn to make save editors or make games

Quote Originally Posted by moneytrees View Post
    So im wondering with the multiple types of codes out there python, javascript, html, ect.. which is the best to learn for modding or making games? Also do any of these also help with learning how to use hex editors? Any help is appreciated
    if u want to make game then c# but with save editors viusal basic or c# c++ i personaly went with visual basic but u dont need to hex edit for makeing games but u will need to learn hex for game save editors

3. The Following User Says Thank You to matthewjohn For This Useful Post:

Array

Quote Originally Posted by matthewjohn View Post
    if u want to make game then c# but with save editors viusal basic or c# c++ i personaly went with visual basic but u dont need to hex edit for makeing games but u will need to learn hex for game save editors
    Much thanks Mathew(: would python be beneficial for any of this at all. Ive learned a lot of how to code with python but im not sure if its useful for any of this.

Wisdom Sold Seperately

Array

C++ for both making and modding of games, it's practically the industry language fo choice.
    Though for around here you want to use c# as it's more accessible, the userbase is predominantly windows based.
    Their syntax is fairly similar which makes the transition from one to the other easier, you can essentially 'go pro' with less effort.

Python will be useful for the theory behind programming and while you technically could write an editor out of it, it's just not as suitable as .Net which has full suppor for GUIs and such right out of the box, the userbase has certain expectations of the usability of the tools, you must design them as if you expect the user to be a complete moron.

Some of our more capable members write in a variety of languages no online parser can comprehend, still gets the job done.

We've done experiments with silverlight,asp and some light html5 work, it's all 'meh'.
    Last edited by 8Ball; 03-20-2014 at 12:40 PM.
    Downloads : 101 || Uploads : 18 || Rep Power : 5613 || Posts : 574 || Thanks : 51 || Thanked 463 Times in 200 Posts

Array

Its true that its a lot harder for people using python. (honestly when i started two years ago I just thought the name was cool that's why I chose it) I guess its time to go learn some c+++ it shouldn't be too bad. Thanks for the advice guys. Also if you guys know any good places, books, or websites to learn how to use a hex editor I would be very grateful to know.