scorpionnet

Array

FBI FINALLY ARRESTS GROUP OF FORMER XBOX HACKERS

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	02bb68f7d8.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	22.2 KB 
ID:	14619

It appears the FBI has been operating a long running case against a group of hackers specializing in companies involved with the Xbox gaming platform. The series of indictments against the three men lead us to believe that their criminal ventures dealt primarily with Microsoft and their top tier game development partners. At this time it appears there are still two unknown perpetrators within the group still at large, the FBI held off at least eight months before serving the current trios arrest warrants for reasons still unknown. It may have been due to "Person A", as described in the documents as an informant, has been actively colluding with federal authorities in efforts to glean even more information from the group.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ZkISONZ.png 
Views:	15 
Size:	261.0 KB 
ID:	14620

Full List of charges against the accused:

One count of Conspiracy
    One count of Conspiracy to Commit Wire Fraud
    Four counts of Wire Fraud
    One count of Conspiracy to Commit Theft of Trade Secrets
    Three counts of Unauthorized Computer Access
    Two counts of Criminal Copyright Infringement
    One count of Conspiracy to Commit Mail Fraud
    One count of Attempted Mail Fraud
    One count of Conspiracy to Commit Identity Theft
    One count of Aggravated Identity Theft

The two unknown parties according to the FBI are a man from North Carolina and a Australian teenager we believe to be SuperDAE who we previously reported on here. The indictment document can be viewed here via "The Smoking Gun" who first broke the story.
    Downloads : 38 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 8010 || Posts : 3,323 || Thanks : 413 || Thanked 438 Times in 391 Posts

2. The Following User Says Thank You to scorpionnet For This Useful Post:

Array

Re: FBI FINALLY ARRESTS GROUP OF FORMER XBOX HACKERS

kidnapping children off the streets to torture and rape them = maybe a 1 year sentence in solitary confinement with around the clock protection.
    using hacking skills to get video games for free = 20 years to life.
    ain't life in america grand!!?? :D

360HAVEN
    Array

Quote Originally Posted by ShangTsung View Post
    kidnapping children off the streets to torture and rape them = maybe a 1 year sentence in solitary confinement with around the clock protection.
    using hacking skills to get video games for free = 20 years to life.
    ain't life in america grand!!?? :D
    As sad as it sounds that's just the society we live in these days.
    Downloads : 4 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 3881 || Posts : 9 || Thanks : 11 || Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

DPresley

Like they said above, you kill a child and you will get 1 year in jail... but if you "steal" to one of the richest company of the world, seems worse!

Array

about time they caught them i mean its one thing to mod the console to get what you want but its another thing entirely to hack the xbl mainframe to get what you want bc the act of "Hacking" falls under the Computer abuse & fraud act of 1985 which is a federal offense and if you are a child that is doing the "hacking" they put on lockdown till your 18th bday so pretty much until you are 18 you cant be around anything electronic which would suck but as for people over 18 who do it have a possiblity of 20 years in jail or worse so in my mind "hacking" really aint worth the trouble it brings
    Downloads : 12 || Uploads : 3 || Rep Power : 5228 || Posts : 1,524 || Thanks : 533 || Thanked 106 Times in 100 Posts

Array

Quote Originally Posted by devilswarchild View Post
    about time they caught them i mean its one thing to mod the console to get what you want but its another thing entirely to hack the xbl mainframe to get what you want bc the act of "Hacking" falls under the Computer abuse & fraud act of 1985 which is a federal offense and if you are a child that is doing the "hacking" they put on lockdown till your 18th bday so pretty much until you are 18 you cant be around anything electronic which would suck but as for people over 18 who do it have a possiblity of 20 years in jail or worse so in my mind "hacking" really aint worth the trouble it brings
    you can literally get more prison time from hacking a game console than you can for child molestation and various other sick ass crimes.. you don't find that the least bit disturbing?

Xilus

Might just be me but I don't think this thread has anything to do with child molestation, like at all................

Some people just aren't happy without wanting to hack things, stupid in my mind glad ones caught.

Lifetime Stealth baby ;)
    Exiledone

Array
    Twitter: @

Quote Originally Posted by Xilus View Post
    Might just be me but I don't think this thread has anything to do with child molestation, like at all................

Some people just aren't happy without wanting to hack things, stupid in my mind glad ones caught.
    They were using it as a comparison or can you not read?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Countryboy For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast