360haven works best with JavaScript enabled
Microsoft may drop Xbox Gold charge for Netflix, Hulu and other apps - report
Register
    RETRO
    Gamer

Array
    Twitter: @

Microsoft may drop Xbox Gold charge for Netflix, Hulu and other apps - report

But manufacturer may impose Gold requirement for other apps to compensate
    Microsoft is thinking about doing away with Xbox Gold subscription requirements for Netflix, Hulu and other streaming media apps, according to insiders close to Ars Technica. The manufacturer may, however, introduce Gold charges for other apps to make up for the lost revenue.

The information has apparently come to light thanks to "ongoing discussions about the company's announcements" at E3 in June, and is said to be linked to the departure of former interactive entertainment business president Don Mattrick last year. Nothing has been finalised for the moment, and Microsoft has yet to comment on the report.Name:  nnett.jpg
Views: 206
Size:  44.6 KBt's not clear whether the apps that might become Gold-exclusive are new, unreleased apps or existing ones. Any thoughts on what you might be prepared to pay for, in return for free Netflix?

I'll fire off a request for comment. Incidentally, if you're having trouble getting your videos to play our Netflix bug fixing guide may be worth a read.
    Downloads : 107 || Uploads : 38 || Rep Power : 17085 || Posts : 12,545 || Thanks : 1,039 || Thanked 1,987 Times in 1,322 Posts

Demon

Array

Re: Microsoft may drop Xbox Gold charge for Netflix, Hulu and other apps - report

I wonder if netflix planning to raise their prices has anything to do with it, maybe they don't want to compete with people trying to decide on netflix or gold.
    Downloads : 66 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 5464 || Posts : 547 || Thanks : 95 || Thanked 80 Times in 45 Posts

modder
    Array

Re: Microsoft may drop Xbox Gold charge for Netflix, Hulu and other apps - report

maybe they are trying to compete with Sony since you can do more with stuff like the ps3 and ps4 compared to 360 and the xbox one but it does give more use to my 360 now if this does become a reality

Array

Microsoft already confirmed that Netflix will no longer need Gold to access it. Paying for Netflix is enough itself, we shouldn't have to pay for a Gold subscription to something we already pay to access.
    Downloads : 11 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 4572 || Posts : 183 || Thanks : 116 || Thanked 20 Times in 18 Posts

If anyone's willing to lend me their spare time and mod a couple of saves for me, I have a couple of requests.
    NIER & Darksiders

Array

You should probably do some more research before you make a post. Microsoft confirmed Tuesday that the would do away with requiring gold for all media apps and will bring games with gold to the xbox one.

Wishing

Cool. I thought this was going to happen.