360haven works best with JavaScript enabled
[Release] Thief 4 Save Editor v1.0 - Page 5
Register
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
    Haven Donator
    Array

Re: Thief 4 Save Editor v1.0

Appreciating the hard work being put into this so far, fingers crossed for a break through soon!

Reverse engineer
    Vulnavia

Array

I searched and searched, but i'm unable to find anything yet... There is only one Value left i don't know where it comes from per Block and i even tryed Bruteforcing it with no Result, so i assume it has nothing to do directly with the Compressed or Decompressed Content... I will further search but i suppose it will take longer because i see nothing in IDA which could be responsible for it... Also they check the first Header-CRC and then the Compressed-Block-CRC and then decompress it, and i know those match... Also the CRC for the Uncompressed Block match too, its checked somewhere else on a Point which seems to be the Routine that links all the corresponding Blocks together, apart of this there is nothing...

But i also found a SHA in a Routine with a ZLIB in it, but this must be for something else, because there is no SHA nowhere also the Decompress/Compress for the Blocks are made somewhere else together with the two mentioned CRC which are found and match already...

Honestly, its a bit annoying currently... I also seen that the PC-Saves are made the same way, with a slight Difference on the same Value which i don't know where it comes from, so, hmm, if i can't find it for longer i will try to get the PC-Thief-Version and decompile and debug it in Olly, perhaps i can find this Bastard this way, as a last resort.. ;)

Advertiser

Array

Good luck. I hope you can figure it out. Your editor is cool and I really want to get it to work.
    Downloads : 111 || Uploads : 7 || Rep Power : 8150 || Posts : 3,225 || Thanks : 1,151 || Thanked 328 Times in 242 Posts

LEGIT HACKERS DON'T ADVERTISE!

Reverse engineer
    Vulnavia

Array

Ok, good News, the Problem doesn't seem to be a CRC but a Datastructure Problem, i tested it on the PC-Version and it doesn't matter what i change on the Values i don't know where they come from, probably some are left behind Junk and other some irrelevant Stuff, also even deleting some Bytes seem to be ok, but as soon as i insert some the save becomes corrupted... So i will have to find a Solution to Calculate it somehow, which is not so trivial because i need to be sure not to delete important Bytes but the greater Problem is if the new Data becomes bigger that the Space before including the left behind Junk because then i need to insert which causes Problems... I will try some workarounds, perhaps its only the Distance that matter, i hope so...

Array

Quote Originally Posted by Vulnavia View Post
    Ok, good News, the Problem doesn't seem to be a CRC but a Datastructure Problem, i tested it on the PC-Version and it doesn't matter what i change on the Values i don't know where they come from, probably some are left behind Junk and other some irrelevant Stuff, also even deleting some Bytes seem to be ok, but as soon as i insert some the save becomes corrupted... So i will have to find a Solution to Calculate it somehow, which is not so trivial because i need to be sure not to delete important Bytes but the greater Problem is if the new Data becomes bigger that the Space before including the left behind Junk because then i need to insert which causes Problems... I will try some workarounds, perhaps its only the Distance that matter, i hope so...
    Great work bro! as always deeply appreciated and great respect for the efforts you put in, 2 thumbs up! ;)

Reverse engineer
    Vulnavia

Array

Thanks Wrathstrike!

Well, i think its more trivial than supposed and i wasted about 30 Hours searching and Bruteforcing a non-existing CRC...

The Solution is to simply align the Data by 8 ... thats all and is so simple to Calculate, the inserted Bytes are the Result of (8-(Size MOD 8))
    thats all it seems, so i will also fix that annoying Problem and who knows, now that i have the PC-Version, why not add a Auto PC/XBOX identifier
    so that PC-Saves can be edited too...

But, i need to go to the City with my Girlfriend first, she just phoned me, so i hope i can up it in some Hours...
    Last edited by Vulnavia; 05-20-2014 at 06:01 PM.

Array

Just update the save editor once you can. Will be more than glad to help test it out. :)

Advertiser

Array

Perfection takes time. Take as long as you need to get it right. I will also be happy to test it out once you solve the problem.
    Downloads : 111 || Uploads : 7 || Rep Power : 8150 || Posts : 3,225 || Thanks : 1,151 || Thanked 328 Times in 242 Posts

LEGIT HACKERS DON'T ADVERTISE!

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast