360haven works best with JavaScript enabled
Destiny Beta thoughts?
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Demon

Array

Destiny Beta thoughts?

So, now that the beta is finished what are everyone's thoughts on the game? I didn't preorder the game and didn't really think I was going to grab it, but after playing the beta I've changed my mind. The game feels like a mix of borderlands and mass effect, and the little bit of the story we got seemed interesting too, I liked that fact that you could do the story solo or with others as well. I'm really hoping that we will keep our characters and gear, it took me two days to get the gun I was after and I have almost a full set of rare(? blue) armor in my storage along with a few weapons. The world was very large, I took a trip to a few spots I shouldn't have just to see what was there, past the area with the boats there's the grotto, lv 20 enemies and a cool looking enemy called shrieker? I think, there was also the area near where you fight the first wizard during the strike mission, follow the glowing green crystals and you'll go down into another area populated with lv20 enemies, didn't make it too far in becuase there were a lot down there. A few more small areas had unkillable enemies as well, down the stairs right where near you start in freemode, and in the bottom of one of the boats. The random events were kind of cool too, though I always seemed to be alone for the one to kill the reaver captain which was impossble to do solo.
    The mp was pretty fun, even if I'm not an expert, one thing I did find is that I needed two sets of weapons, one for the story and one for mp, definitely took me a while to get used to the mp but after a while it was quite fun. One thing I did notice in mp is that titans seem to have an edge when it comes to survivability, though maybe that was just becuase my warlock has the armor of a wet kleenex....
    Overall, the game seems to have a lot of replayability, lots of little things to do alone or with a group, can't wait to see what the entire game has, I'll be picking this one up at launch.
    Downloads : 66 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 5464 || Posts : 547 || Thanks : 95 || Thanked 80 Times in 45 Posts

Haven Donator
    Array

Re: Destiny Beta thoughts?

Seems like in PVP some of the weapons need more balance to them. Such as the scout rifles not being nearly as effective as a lesser damaging auto-rifle. And hopefully there will be more game modes other than hardpoint. Maxed all 3 classes (level 8 plus all abilities) and their supers are very similar. With the warlock pulling ahead only because it can launch its super over a large distance and leave a DOT effect after the massive impact. Also the warlock's glide / double jump / thrust ability was not as easy to maneuver as the other classes. Navigation through the menus was difficult at first for most of my friends that don't play PC, and there was no intro on how to use them. Overall I would say it was an amazing beta and it defiantly swayed me into buying it.
    Downloads : 9 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 4688 || Posts : 95 || Thanks : 7 || Thanked 12 Times in 9 Posts

Demon

Array

I love the scout rifles, I prefer more precision rather than the spray and pray approach, I finally got the one I was looking for, but had no time to upgrade it. there needs to be some explanation about the weapon stats as well, the regular scout rifle I was using had 51 base damage and the impact bar on it was almost full, I found a green one (uncommon) different make with less impact, but 57 base damage and I was doing considerably less damage with it. PvP I found I was pretty much using only the fusion rifle and my melee attack since the scout rifle really can't go head to head with an autorifle.
    Downloads : 66 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 5464 || Posts : 547 || Thanks : 95 || Thanked 80 Times in 45 Posts

Bear Hugs

Array

I like the Destiny Beta a lot. There were a lot of variety of activities that you could of done. (Riding the old pike in PVE lol)

PVP is also interesting as well, sure though there will be some nerf and buffs along the way even when the full game comes out.

The only complain I can have for it was the explore mode for doing patrol mission. Some of the patrol mission are nice, but the only one I was picky about was the search/scan location. Really didn't like those one as it just a rinse and repeat. ( I know the others can be one too) It just specifically those patrol mission that picks at me. All I want is that it be in the same area not across the whole side of the map :3.

13Dannyboy13's Quote:
    I think, there was also the area near where you fight the first wizard during the strike mission, follow the glowing green crystals and you'll go down into another area populated with lv20 enemies, didn't make it too far in becuase there were a lot down there.

Yeah, if I remember correctly with all those lvl 20 hives inside of a cave deviated from the old refinery area. On the other side is theGrotto area. Two ways to get into the Devil Lairs fascinating if you want to keep on dying lol.
    Downloads : 23 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 6547 || Posts : 1,934 || Thanks : 150 || Thanked 216 Times in 189 Posts

I've given you knowledge and wisdom. Different places we come from, but open arms we accept.- My Mentor

Special Member
    Demon

Array

I enjoyed the Beta and I played it every day. Got all but one of my characters full Level 8 Gear and Level 8.

PVE was amazing. I can't wait to play the full game and see all the stuff we get to do on Earth, Mars, Venus, etc.

PVP was honestly displeasing. There needs to be more balancing in PVP but they should only keep the balancing and changes in PVP, keep PVE how it is. I was pleased to learn that on the Moon PVP map First Light, that bungie saw the brokeness and adjusted to level to be more balanced for the full game. I.E. Only 1 Rocket Vehicle in the middle of the map, both teams start with 1 Pike only. Reduced fire rate on the Rocket Vehicle.

Overall I was pleased with everything in the beta. I already knew I was going to get Destiny for sure. But the Beta made me want it more. xD
    Downloads : 16 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 4446 || Posts : 187 || Thanks : 55 || Thanked 60 Times in 27 Posts

★★Dread Queen Esdeath★★

Haven Donator
    Array

beta was great, but i think the actual game is gonna get old kinda fast. The max level is 20, there is 6 strikes total, and one exploration zone for each of the 4 planets. There's one end game raid as well. Also I don't believe we will get to keep our gear, the only thing we get from the beta is the countenance emblem if you played on saturday during the event. I find that the hunter is OP in pvp. While his abilities aren't crazy spectacular, they're still very effective and can give an edge in a gunfight very easily. The issue is that his cooldown times are much shorter than the other
    classes. I still cant wait for it though, im gonna suck at pvp but god im gonna love it.

Demon

Array

Quote Originally Posted by hi def meep View Post
    beta was great, but i think the actual game is gonna get old kinda fast. The max level is 20, there is 6 strikes total, and one exploration zone for each of the 4 planets. There's one end game raid as well. Also I don't believe we will get to keep our gear, the only thing we get from the beta is the countenance emblem if you played on saturday during the event. I find that the hunter is OP in pvp. While his abilities aren't crazy spectacular, they're still very effective and can give an edge in a gunfight very easily. The issue is that his cooldown times are much shorter than the other
    classes. I still cant wait for it though, im gonna suck at pvp but god im gonna love it.
    I do worry that things may get old too, with 20 being the max level it won't take long at all to get there, I just hope that the worlds are large enough that the exploration stays interesting.

Security
    Overlord

Array

was in the beta for a short time (public version) got the titan to level 8. didnt have too much trouble with pvp once i figured out how to make the jump to the floating platform behind B on venus (lol died there so much) guns felt great and balanced too used a full auto weapon with a shotgun back up . the explore mode was great minus the level 20 enemies stopping you from looking further . cant wait for the full game.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast