360haven works best with JavaScript enabled
Hex Editor
Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hex Editor

Hybrid View

nnaatteedd

Hex Editor

This is I suppose opinion, but I would like to know everyone's thoughts.
    What is the best hex editor for free? and What is the best hex editor with a license (if there is such a thing)?

S.A.M. Modding Heaven

Array

Re: Hex Editor

Quote Originally Posted by nnaatteedd View Post
    This is I suppose opinion, but I would like to know everyone's thoughts.
    What is the best hex editor for free? and What is the best hex editor with a license (if there is such a thing)?

Here a list for you...

Best Freeware(NO COST)

HXD
    http://mh-nexus.de/en/hxd/

Best Licensed One(PAY TO USE)
    http://www.hexworkshop.com/

Personally use the latter of the 2, but HXD good as well. If you want the newest version of it "legit" pm me, and I'll link you it.
    Downloads : 15 || Uploads : 48 || Rep Power : 5487 || Posts : 450 || Thanks : 94 || Thanked 467 Times in 179 Posts

Editing, Dumping

This Nerd Won't Quit No Matter What

Array

hex editor neo

it's what i use and it does the job

JENGA MASTER SUPREME
    Emerald Lance

Array

It depends on what you're editing. For 360 games, I prefer Modio (free), but there's also Horizon (pay, but you can get a watered down version for free). For everything else, I use Hex Workshop (pay). HxD (free) works almost as good.

EDIT: Actually, disregard that bit about Horizon, as I don't think it has a hex editor built in. Or at least, if it does, I haven't found it.
    Downloads : 22 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 6839 || Posts : 1,834 || Thanks : 436 || Thanked 633 Times in 307 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SaiyanPrince302, commenting on how to become a Super Saiyan,
    "I know where these guys are going, but in all seriousness, just trying to imagine loved ones being killed almost never works. Be a man and travel into space and shoot at asteroids until you get yourself in an actual life threatening situation."
    --Gamefaqs.com

radroni

hxd is a great editor...and as for a commercial i like hex workshop......but unless you just need a one that pay for...hxd is one of the best out there for general use

Albo

Ahh my favorite tool i love using tool to edit my saves and also mess with y programs.

Ralphie

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Lance View Post
    It depends on what you're editing. For 360 games, I prefer Modio (free), but there's also Horizon (pay, but you can get a watered down version for free). For everything else, I use Hex Workshop (pay). HxD (free) works almost as good.

EDIT: Actually, disregard that bit about Horizon, as I don't think it has a hex editor built in. Or at least, if it does, I haven't found it.
    What advantages does Modio have that you prefer it for editing 360 games?

JENGA MASTER SUPREME
    Emerald Lance

Array

Quote Originally Posted by Ralphie View Post
    What advantages does Modio have that you prefer it for editing 360 games?
    None anymore. You have to understand that I said that a long time ago when Modio was still considered a decent rehasher/resigner. Nowadays it's known more for its tendency to corrupt saves. I used to like using Modio because it had a hex editor built in that would edit the save files within the CON file without having to extract them first, but then they took out the function (or at least made it difficult enough to find to keep me from locating it).

These days I use either Horizon or Infinity to rehash/resign, and Hex Workshop to edit. The only thing I would recommend for Modio anymore is for people to stay away from it. After hashes and encryption, Modio is the second leading cause of corrupt saves.
    Downloads : 22 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 6839 || Posts : 1,834 || Thanks : 436 || Thanked 633 Times in 307 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SaiyanPrince302, commenting on how to become a Super Saiyan,
    "I know where these guys are going, but in all seriousness, just trying to imagine loved ones being killed almost never works. Be a man and travel into space and shoot at asteroids until you get yourself in an actual life threatening situation."
    --Gamefaqs.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast