Trilogy was not originally in the Gears of War plan
Register
    Follow the Buzzards
    SterlingArcher

Array
    Twitter: @

Trilogy was not originally in the Gears of War plan

source: www.qj.net

Microsoft has been telling people that the Gears of War franchise has always been intended to deliver three titles. Now, after a pretty long while of saying nothing about this claim, developer Cliff Bleszinski himself has opened up saying that this is not true at all.

In fact, he said, Gears of War "never was planned as a trilogy." Bleszinski continued on to explain, "Somebody at Microsoft said that and that got attributed to me. I think if you're the kind of person who says 'here's this game and it's going be the start of an epic trilogy', gamers are like f*** you, let's see how good your first game is. Bring it. You put them on the defensive.

The key is to be humble and be like, who knows? Maybe. It'll be cool. We'll put each game out one at a time and see how it goes. It's like Final Fantasy.'This will be my final game and I'm done.' And it blows up and they're on like, what, 13 now or something like that?"

Fourteen, actually. Anyway, he continued to talk about the continuity of the franchise, even hinting at a probable part IV. They're not rushing ahead of anything yet, though, and prefers to take it just one day at a time.

"What I like to do is think of it as a story bucket. We did the first Gears, asked a lot of questions. Gears 2, answered a few, asked a lot more. Hopefully in Gears 3, answer many questions. When you look at it, hopefully, it will sit together like its own little gaming Lord of the Rings."
    Last edited by BrayWyatt; 12-28-2010 at 05:03 AM.
    Downloads : 140 || Uploads : 4 || Rep Power : 8549 || Posts : 3,353 || Thanks : 1,204 || Thanked 1,445 Times in 637 Posts

The Immortal God
    Rpg_Fan

Array
    Nice Info, i also hope they answer a lot of the question from gears of war 1 and 2
    Downloads : 157 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 24426 || Posts : 18,751 || Thanks : 4,451 || Thanked 3,096 Times in 2,607 Posts

Follow the Buzzards
    SterlingArcher

Array
    i agree...
    Downloads : 140 || Uploads : 4 || Rep Power : 8549 || Posts : 3,353 || Thanks : 1,204 || Thanked 1,445 Times in 637 Posts