360haven works best with JavaScript enabled
PS Vita hex editing ?
Register
    Haven Donator
    Array

PS Vita hex editing ?

So i thought to myself hey let's see if i can do this, So i manage to get my save from the psvita game called (Tales of hearts R) as it was called savedata.psvimg ( so first i try moving it to the hex WS to see if i can find the value. And i found it which is SOMA point. so i change it saved it. and i try to move the file back to the vita but it won't go back. is there something I'm doing wrong ? or is Psvita hex editing is a no go ?
    Downloads : 16 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 3952 || Posts : 69 || Thanks : 16 || Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts

JENGA MASTER SUPREME
    Emerald Lance

Array

Re: PS Vita hex editing ?

I don't own a Vita and I've never tried to edit its saves, so this isn't coming from experience; it's only a guess. Based on how the PSP, PS3, and PS4 handle their saves, I imagine that Vita saves are all encrypted. If that's the case, then likely the encryption key is the PlayStation equivalent to the user account's ID (that's how PS3 encrypts its saves) or the console ID (that's how the PSP encrypts its saves). Of course, that's assuming there's only a single layer of security; there could also be hashes and checks or even another layer or two of encryption. And, if the game developers also decided to implement their own security, you'd have that to contend with as well (though that's a topic for another time and shouldn't stop it from being recognized by the Vita).

I haven't heard lately that anybody's been working on getting the PlayStations' save securities worked out. Judging by how long it took anybody to realize how to un-encrypt PS3 saves, it'll probably be another few years before we're able to hex edit PS4 and Vita saves.
    Downloads : 22 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 6843 || Posts : 1,834 || Thanks : 436 || Thanked 633 Times in 307 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SaiyanPrince302, commenting on how to become a Super Saiyan,
    "I know where these guys are going, but in all seriousness, just trying to imagine loved ones being killed almost never works. Be a man and travel into space and shoot at asteroids until you get yourself in an actual life threatening situation."
    --Gamefaqs.com