360haven works best with JavaScript enabled
[Release] F.E.A.R. - Save Editor (FEAR/FEAR Files/FEAR 2) - Page 2
Register
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Administrator

Array

Re: F.E.A.R - Save Editor

Quote Originally Posted by lickerout View Post
    any luck on the save edits for fear 2 & 3 yet fuedalnate? is it stored in the same manner? for god mode and everything

FEAR 2 can be edited in a similar fashion as FEAR (Files), although there's not as many values to edit there's still quite a few useful ones people may want to edit. FEAR 3 uses a different engine than it's predecessors and save data isn't written the same way at all, thus FEAR 3 cannot be edited for the same results you'd get in the other games. I've still been looking into the saves though, I have already mapped challenge completions, points obviously, insane difficulty unlock, Fetel unlock and ammo edits - I may find some more useful things to add but it's doubtful..

I'll add F3 support but the edits won't be as awesome as the other FEARs, much like how F3 isn't as awesome as the others. A little ironic I suppose
    Downloads : 63 || Uploads : 11 || Rep Power : 5618 || Posts : 347 || Thanks : 62 || Thanked 939 Times in 190 Posts

"If you can get 30 seconds of fun, you can pretty much stretch that out to be an entire game. So you can have all the great graphics, all the different characters,
    and lots of different weapons with amazing effects but if you don't nail that 30 seconds, you're not going to have a great game." ~Jamie Griesemer (Halo 2 Design Lead)

Haven Donator
    Array

Quote Originally Posted by feudalnate View Post
    FEAR 2 can be edited in a similar fashion as FEAR (Files), although there's not as many values to edit there's still quite a few useful ones people may want to edit. FEAR 3 uses a different engine than it's predecessors and save data isn't written the same way at all, thus FEAR 3 cannot be edited for the same results you'd get in the other games. I've still been looking into the saves though, I have already mapped challenge completions, points obviously, insane difficulty unlock, Fetel unlock and ammo edits - I may find some more useful things to add but it's doubtful..

I'll add F3 support but the edits won't be as awesome as the other FEARs, much like how F3 isn't as awesome as the others. A little ironic I suppose
    I Agree, i'm also not very happy with what happend to the Guy that you played as in F.E.A.R. 2.... really makes me wish they did that totally diffrent.
    Downloads : 54 || Uploads : 5 || Rep Power : 5353 || Posts : 460 || Thanks : 80 || Thanked 152 Times in 65 Posts

I Am Alpha and Omega, the Beginning and the End.

Colan

Could anyone help me to get this working or mod my save for me all i want is god mode

Administrator

Array

Updated

I went ahead and just rewrote the app; it now parses the entire save and rebuilds upon saving (more reliable this way). FEAR 2 support is added along with a ZLib library that supports x64. People with x64 should be able to use this without any problems

Added a small patching option which allows you to create a snapshot of the string table and apply to different saves or share with others, making editing less time consuming and redundant. I also added searching of the string table to make your lives that much easier. There's probably more I should mention (as always) but I'm sure you'll be able to piece it together for yourselves. As for FEAR 3, I've decided to skip it for the time being - this may change, it may not - I'll let you guys know later on..

Enjoy
    Downloads : 63 || Uploads : 11 || Rep Power : 5618 || Posts : 347 || Thanks : 62 || Thanked 939 Times in 190 Posts

"If you can get 30 seconds of fun, you can pretty much stretch that out to be an entire game. So you can have all the great graphics, all the different characters,
    and lots of different weapons with amazing effects but if you don't nail that 30 seconds, you're not going to have a great game." ~Jamie Griesemer (Halo 2 Design Lead)

Extorris
    Array

Nice one Nate, You never cease to amaze me :)

Haven Donator
    Array

Very nicely done Nate. :)
    Downloads : 54 || Uploads : 5 || Rep Power : 5353 || Posts : 460 || Thanks : 80 || Thanked 152 Times in 65 Posts

I Am Alpha and Omega, the Beginning and the End.

Array

Thanks, gives me an excuse to finally play through FEAR 2. :)
    Downloads : 33 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 5064 || Posts : 204 || Thanks : 237 || Thanked 37 Times in 35 Posts

fire_smiley
    Location : Close your eyes and point at a map...now open your eyes.
    Array

There is no real way to get Inf ammo in FEAR 2 is there?

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast