360haven works best with JavaScript enabled
Dragon Age Inquisition Modding
Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Array

Prettiness Dragon Age Inquisition Modding

Hello, all of you supportive members of 360haven. I am Starkwrath and I am by all means, lost about the modding aspect of certain games. The only means by which I have modded my Xbox games are by either downloading gamesaves, or using easy-to-understand save editors, like Gibbed's Mass Effect 3 editor. During recent months I´ve been scouring the Internet, trying to find someway to mod "Dragon Age Inquisition". The few amount of gamesaves available are not enough for me to use, as I enjoy creating my own character. As most of you know, Jappi88 and others around are currently working on a save editor, but that´s all I heard.

The reason I´m writing is to ask if there is any possibility of modding a save I´m in possession of, or requesting a similar one. I´m aware of certain alternatives, such as Trainers, but I don't have a clue how those work.

Any reply is welcome, and thanks for listening!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to StarkWrath For This Useful Post:

Program Engineer
    Jappi88

Array

Re: Dragon Age Inquisition Modding

Quote Originally Posted by StarkWrath View Post
    Hello, all of you supportive members of 360haven. I am Starkwrath and I am by all means, lost about the modding aspect of certain games. The only means by which I have modded my Xbox games are by either downloading gamesaves, or using easy-to-understand save editors, like Gibbed's Mass Effect 3 editor. During recent months I´ve been scouring the Internet, trying to find someway to mod "Dragon Age Inquisition". The few amount of gamesaves available are not enough for me to use, as I enjoy creating my own character. As most of you know, Jappi88 and others around are currently working on a save editor, but that´s all I heard.

The reason I´m writing is to ask if there is any possibility of modding a save I´m in possession of, or requesting a similar one. I´m aware of certain alternatives, such as Trainers, but I don't have a clue how those work.

Any reply is welcome, and thanks for listening!
    As of now there is no way to mod saves without using trainers.
    The save data is secured with a custom crc checksum (fully reversed and have it working) , and the actuall save data is shifted multiple times to prevent people from modding their saves.

I am currently reversing their data shifting procedure , and have that almost mapped out.
    There will be a real good quality tool after im done, but thats all I can say.
    Downloads : 166 || Uploads : 31 || Rep Power : 8625 || Posts : 1,660 || Thanks : 188 || Thanked 10,799 Times in 600 Posts

Programming is 10% science, 20% ingenuity, and 70% getting the ingenuity to work with the science.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Programming is like sex:
    One mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life.

4. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Jappi88 For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Array

Thanks for the update!Has the Frostbite engine been causing trouble? Either way I'm positive that alot of people will be happy with the results. I think most would agree when I say that your time and effort into giving people continued enjoyment is greatly admired!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to StarkWrath For This Useful Post:

Array

Quote Originally Posted by Jappi88 View Post
    As of now there is no way to mod saves without using trainers.
    The save data is secured with a custom crc checksum (fully reversed and have it working) , and the actuall save data is shifted multiple times to prevent people from modding their saves.

I am currently reversing their data shifting procedure , and have that almost mapped out.
    There will be a real good quality tool after im done, but thats all I can say.
    I am just glad that you are making at least some progress here with the Save Editor. No one else has. Good luck man. Once you get the editor made I can finally update the game :P.

Administrator
    360HAVEN

Array
    Twitter: @

Some videogame companies like BioWare are pricks.
    Most videogame companies knows we love cheating in game yet they try their hardest to make it harder for us to mod the game.

Those bastards should look up to Bethesda. Everyone loves Bethesda cuz they allow us to mod their games.
    I know their games are buggy/glitchy as hell, but most players loves it.
    Bethesda released an awesome tool for the modding community allowing us to mod the pc version of the game but it can also be used if you have a modded ps3 or xbox360.

To be honest, i loved playing Dragon age 1 and 2 but for some reason i just don't like inquisition. I did try playing it few times tho but meh... it sux.
    Downloads : 171 || Uploads : 13 || Rep Power : 9382 || Posts : 3,380 || Thanks : 513 || Thanked 4,270 Times in 1,295 Posts

What i have shown you is reality. What you remember... that is the illusion.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Sephiroth For This Useful Post:

Demon

Array

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
    Some videogame companies like BioWare are pricks.
    Most videogame companies knows we love cheating in game yet they try their hardest to make it harder for us to mod the game.

Those bastards should look up to Bethesda. Everyone loves Bethesda cuz they allow us to mod their games.
    I know their games are buggy/glitchy as hell, but most players loves it.
    Bethesda released an awesome tool for the modding community allowing us to mod the pc version of the game but it can also be used if you have a modded ps3 or xbox360.

To be honest, i loved playing Dragon age 1 and 2 but for some reason i just don't like inquisition. I did try playing it few times tho but meh... it sux.
    Yeah, I'll take the fallout/skyrim occasional freezes for the ability to mod my saves. I like inquisition, but I hate the grind and rng of trying to farm items, especially the fade touched ones....
    Downloads : 66 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 5433 || Posts : 547 || Thanks : 95 || Thanked 80 Times in 45 Posts

Array

I just wanted to express my great appreciation to Jappi for his work on this title as well as for all he's done for us in the past. You are awesome Jappi!!

Array

Blimey.
    I was wondering what had been happening with this.
    Glad to see it is still on-going. I might yet eventually get a reason to go back to that game... though it feels like aeons since it was released.

EAware really are a bunch of tosspots. Leaving horrible bugs and glitches in favour of patching over benign exploits. Making it so we have to connect to Live (read: patch the game) in order to utilise progress from previous games. Deliberately using shitty encryption to make save-modding difficult. Old Bioware never would have done this... before EA ate them. I used to mod the Infinity Engine games like crazy, and loved every moment of it. They must really hate the people who pay their bills.

Oh well... I hope this all gets resolved before 2016... and with any luck, EAware won't immediately throw in a new patch to ruin it all again.
    Thanks for all your efforts, Jappi... and I hope you're getting some enjoyment out of the challenge at least!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast