360haven works best with JavaScript enabled
Games that still need the checksums figured out
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Array

Games that still need the checksums figured out

I'll add to the list as I come across more. If anyone's up for a challenge, help me out here. I was able to find the one for Rumble Roses and make a tool if anyone is interested. Well, if anyone actually has Rumble Roses XX and wants to try hex editing it, give this a shot. I included a modded save data file that has over a million money on each of the 12 Roses I had unlocked. Just replace the one in your container with it. Source is also included. I just pieced together some old function libraries from my other projects for it.

Checksum fixes needed:
    Dynasty Warriors 6 (original, not Empires)
    WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2011

Other: I want to enable the in-game cheats for Clive Barkers Jericho. I can't believe nobody has figured that out.

Done:
    Rumble Roses XX
    Juiced 2

edit: Ok, WTF? I looked at Smackdown 2011 and compared 2 saves where I only changed stats in RTWM slightly, but there's nothing else changed. No checksum. Yet, every time I try to edit that same value for the stats, it tells me the save is corrupt. I just thought of something I need to test on this. I've seen a few games that didn't like their saves being moved. I need to make sure I'm trying an edited save with the proper device IDs just in case.
    Last edited by Viper187; 12-17-2015 at 01:55 AM.

I Am super Cool
    Philymaster

Array

Re: Games that still need the checksums figured out

Well, reversed the checksum from Juiced 2. It's a easy one.
    Each Int32 is added together and the result is saved at the end of the file.

Calc. Start = 0
    Calc. Length = 0x9A640 * 4 = 0x269900
    Checksum Position = FileSize - 4

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Philymaster For This Useful Post:

Array

Quote Originally Posted by Philymaster View Post
    Well, reversed the checksum from Juiced 2. It's a easy one.
    Each Int32 is added together and the result is saved at the end of the file.

Calc. Start = 0
    Calc. Length = 0x9A640 * 4 = 0x269900
    Checksum Position = FileSize - 4
    Awesome! I'll have to try that out when I finish what I'm working on. :)

p.s. If you're looking for other challenges... At least a few of the games published by Codemasters (Clive Barker's Jericho, for sure) have built in cheat menus that could only be enabled with a code unique to the game based on an ID the game generated. The game gives you an ID and you were supposed to be able to go to the Codemasters site/900 number to enter that ID to get a code to unlock cheats. Obviously, Codemasters' end is no longer functional. It's exactly like the activation method Adobe software used to use. That algorithm is overdue to be cracked.

Array

Hey, I whipped up a checksum tool for Juiced 2. Sorry it took me so long to get back to it. Thanks again, Phily. I added your name to this, of course. I'm still curious as to how to crack all these. I was lucky to find the Rumble Roses one searching in IDA. I spent so many years messing with MIPS that PowerPC was surprisingly easy to get into. Checksums are rather new to me though. I hate these things. The only thing more annoying than a game with no save editors is a game with broken save editors (or dead links) and the author didn't share the damn checksum info.

Array

WTF!?! There's seriously no checksum fix or editor of any kind for either version of the original Lost Planet??? The multiplayer stats are in the save data of the Colonies Edition plain as day, but I'm going to have to grind 5000 kills because of this dumbass checksum? ugh.

Developer

Array

Quote Originally Posted by Viper187 View Post
    WTF!?! There's seriously no checksum fix or editor of any kind for either version of the original Lost Planet??? The multiplayer stats are in the save data of the Colonies Edition plain as day, but I'm going to have to grind 5000 kills because of this dumbass checksum? ugh.
    Lost planet hash is the same as Juiced.
    Hash Location: 0x4
    Hash Start: 0x8
    Hash Length: EOF

8. The Following User Says Thank You to kill_seth For This Useful Post:

Array

Quote Originally Posted by kill_seth View Post
    Lost planet hash is the same as Juiced.
    Hash Location: 0x4
    Hash Start: 0x8
    Hash Length: EOF
    Thanks.

It just pisses me off that there are still so many games like this. The scene is a mess. Nobody thought of keeping a proper database of all these goddamn checksums? All anyone does is release editors that may or may not work properly and may or may not exist in a few years, but never post the checksum info. There's dead links to files on mediafire/megaupload/etc everywhere and this information is just being lost along with the editors. XB1 saves aren't cracked yet, so what the hell is everyone doing? Nobody even has the balls to hack the Skylanders figures ever since that once guy got bitch slapped by Activision years ago. Back in the day, I was administrator/webmaster at one of the biggest gameshark sites on the net (gscentral.com). When Interact/Datel started rigging their devices to only use encrypted codes instead of simple RAM addresses, our guys were the ones leaking crypto tools with full source and documentation. All I wanted to do was hack the games themselves, but there was someone around to make that possible and do it properly. One of our guys pretty much wrote an entire devkit for Gamecube (GCNrd), and I had a hand in a project for dumping and comparing PS2 RAM via broadband adapter a few years back. Everything we did was always open source, public domain, etc for the community to not just provide a tool, but provide others with the info to make their own etc. All I see now is secrecy, demanding senseless registration/likes/thanks/replies for everything, and paywalls. What I really find funny is how limited the stuff behind the paywalls is. Dead Space 2 is a prime example. You pay for Horizon and all you get to mod is credits and nodes I could find with a save editor in 2 minutes? Nobody ever thought to actually edit equipment so I can give myself the stuff that normally only unlocks on New Game+ ? I mean come on.
    Last edited by Viper187; 10-29-2015 at 03:44 PM.

I Am super Cool
    Philymaster

Array

Security archive:
    http://www.360haven.com/forums/threa...ive?highlight=

(360Haven has a security archive too, but only for users with the Developer badge)

Well, in my opinion the scene isn't a mess ... it's dead. Most reverse engineers, that can figure out security, are gone or inactive for a long time already. The remaining reverse engineers are Horizon, Vulnavia and me. Even if you make a security archive like me, the most stuff is not used and nobody cares. With that said, I can understand modders, who think that it's not worth the effort to create a database.

Anyway, I've fun reversing games and will stick with the 360 some years until it's really dead. I will also look into Skylanders for you. At least if I've time, because real-life exist besides modding lol

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Philymaster For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast