360haven works best with JavaScript enabled
Binwalk
Register

Thread: Binwalk

Divided by zero and lived

Array

Binwalk

Source: http://code.google.com/p/binwalk/

Binwalk is a tool for searching a given binary image for embedded files. Specifically, it is designed for identifying files embedded inside of firmware images. Binwalk uses the libmagic library, so it is compatible with magic signatures created for the Unix file utility.

Binwalk also includes a custom magic signature file which contains improved signatures for files that are commonly found in firmware images such as compressed/archived files, firmware headers, Linux kernels, bootloaders, filesystems, etc.
    This can be used for searching for familiar file types in anything. I compiled this for windows and added STFS and FATX definitions in the magic file. It was specifically made for *nix OSs but with some tinkering I got it working. This was actually compiled under cygwin, which means I needed to add all of the DLLs the binarys depend on :P

Usage:
    binwalk -v myfile
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Downloads : 4 || Uploads : 1 || Rep Power : 5505 || Posts : 389 || Thanks : 52 || Thanked 1,033 Times in 236 Posts

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to mojobojo For This Useful Post:

ManBearPig_06

Re: Binwalk

I was just wondering if something like this existed about a month ago for some pc files, thanks for making this. The added file system definitions is a really neat feature.

alef_fela

Good work, many thanks

Retired Staff

Array
    Twitter: @
    Awesome job mojobojo thanks for sharing bro :)
    Downloads : 47 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 15471 || Posts : 10,471 || Thanks : 3,231 || Thanked 1,396 Times in 1,224 Posts

jumpjack

Quote Originally Posted by mojobojo View Post
    Source: http://code.google.com/p/binwalk/

This can be used for searching for familiar file types in anything. I compiled this for windows and added STFS and FATX definitions in the magic file. It was specifically made for *nix OSs but with some tinkering I got it working. This was actually compiled under cygwin, which means I needed to add all of the DLLs the binarys depend on :P

Usage:
    binwalk -v myfile
    Thanks for your work, your version is capable of identifying many blocks inside the firmware of my Nilox M3 media player.
    But now what? It looks like this version does not support extraction, so how do I extract the identified blocks for further processing?
    Does it exist a free hex editor which export a selected block to a standalone file?

korvetvx

@mojobojo maybe it's possible to add Firmware-Mod-Kit plugin, which contains many file system extractors? It's very important utility, allowing to take full advantage of Binwalk's capabilities. Thank you.
    Last edited by korvetvx; 04-01-2014 at 12:06 AM.

Visitors found this page by searching for:

download binwalk for windows