360haven works best with JavaScript enabled
Does anyone still play light gun games?
Register
    Array

Does anyone still play light gun games?

Thank you in advance for any and all help provided,

I have been a gamer since the 80's and have enjoyed a variety of genres of video games. Now my son is starting his gaming experience. Since he is young he won't know what it was like to have to blow into a NES cartridge or laser disc or what it was like to rewind a walk-man cassette or a VHS tape(not sure he knows what those are)or that we had to get up and manually turn the knob on a TV to change the channel. Since he likes “gun” games I would like him to experience “light gun” games. I have ps1, ps2, Dreamcast, XBOX games but the only thing that keeps me from playing them is the lack of an old TUB-TV. Since switching to LED TV’s this option is a no-go because there are no good/compatible light guns(scan lines and pixels difference). I hope this isn't categorized as an old subject because of the topic,I am really hoping to get some feedback on what some of you may have setup in order to play these oldies but goodies. Again thank you for taking time to read my post.

RETRO
    Gamer

Array
    Twitter: @

Re: Does anyone still play light gun games?

well im old skool gamer, an my youngest son is 5 so i thought are get a xbox with emulators with thousands of old games from atari st cd4 megadrive all the old stuff,an he said to me there rubbish dad lol
    the trouble is he started on the xbox one which he loves cant get him off it, any way you try the xbox emulators are post a video above
    Downloads : 107 || Uploads : 38 || Rep Power : 17085 || Posts : 12,545 || Thanks : 1,039 || Thanked 1,987 Times in 1,322 Posts

Array

Quote Originally Posted by THUMBS View Post

well im old skool gamer, an my youngest son is 5 so i thought are get a xbox with emulators with thousands of old games from atari st cd4 megadrive all the old stuff,an he said to me there rubbish dad lol
    the trouble is he started on the xbox one which he loves cant get him off it, any way you try the xbox emulators are post a video above

Thank you for the reply,

Yes I have my XBOX setup with emulators but when it comes to gun games they don't work with LED,LCD tv's. I am trying to see if there are other alternatives to using the light gun without having a TUB-TV that gamer's may have setup?

While looking into the subject I came across this in a post

"A CRT projector will work with just about any light gun game.
    The key is that it uses a CRT (Cathode Ray Tube). Basically, this means it works the same way as a normal TV as far as a light gun is concerned. LCD / DLP projectors and TFT displays will NOT typically work with light gun games".

So projectors are limited as well. Guess the TUB-TV should be more of a requirement for playing light gun games.
    Last edited by THUMBS; 06-17-2016 at 08:44 PM.

360HAVEN
    Array

It's been years since I've played any light gun games, I was a pretty big fan of the N64.

I load up an emulator and play through some oldies every now and then.

Though my nieces/nephews have no idea what I'm talking about most of the time whenever gaming comes up...
    Downloads : 8 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 3181 || Posts : 25 || Thanks : 8 || Thanked 5 Times in 2 Posts

Life is about two things, responsibility, and gaming. Gaming is much more fun.