Man Quits Job to Play Pokemon Go Full-Time
Register
    RETRO
    Gamer

Array
    Twitter: @

Man Quits Job to Play Pokemon Go Full-Time

I wanted to have an adventure
    The crazy Pokemon Go stories just keep coming. Today's item is news that a 24-year-old man from New Zealand has quit his job to play the monster-catching game full-time.

The man, Tom Currie, told The Guardian that he quit his job in Auckland last week to begin a two-month trip across New Zealand in an attempt to catch 'em all. Literally. His goal is to catch all 151 Pokemon in the game.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3095296-go5.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	21.6 KB 
ID:	17000
    Currie booked 20 bus trips and has already visited six towns on the South Island. He says he caught Pokemon everywhere he stopped and already has 90 of the game's 151 Pokemon.

"I wanted to have an adventure," Currie said. "I have been working for six years and I was desperate for a break. And Pokemon gave me the chance to live that dream."

On at least one occasion, Currie stayed up until 3 AM on his Poke-hunt. He's also staying in shape, as every day he walks "miles and miles."

Currie is saving money by traveling frugally; he sleeps on friend's couches or in backpacker dorms. Go to The Guardian to get the full story.

Pokemon Go is a huge hit. Released last week, the free-to-play title is now the most popular mobile game in United States history. On the business side, its release has helped Nintendo shares rise 86 percent, boosting the company's market value by $17 billion.

There have also been some scary stories around Pokemon Go. Just this week, a 15-year-old was hit by a car after playing the game, while a man was stabbed while searching for Pokemon. Additionally, two men fell off an oceanside cliff on their hunt for creatures and a man crashed his car into a tree while reportedly playing the game behind the wheel. Also, a Pokemon Go player in New Hampshire found a dead body in a brook while playing the game this week.
    Downloads : 107 || Uploads : 38 || Rep Power : 17054 || Posts : 12,545 || Thanks : 1,039 || Thanked 1,987 Times in 1,322 Posts

360HAVEN
    Array

Re: Man Quits Job to Play Pokemon Go Full-Time

I have nothing but respect for such a man.

Also pretty freaky about all the things that have happened/things that have been seen since GO was released.
    Downloads : 8 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 3151 || Posts : 25 || Thanks : 8 || Thanked 5 Times in 2 Posts

Life is about two things, responsibility, and gaming. Gaming is much more fun.

Array

That's insane!

Array

Wow. Dedication right there.