360haven works best with JavaScript enabled
Free XB:A Game - Crimson Alliance
Register
    Extorris
    Array

Free XB:A Game - Crimson Alliance

I'm not sure if anybody knows this yet, But there is a FREE RPG Arcade game on the marketplace right now, Just thought i'd give you guys a heads up :)

It's called Crimson Alliance.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Renegade For This Useful Post:

Hoshikage

Array

Re: Free XB:A Game - Crimson Alliance

It may be thrilling to see the "full game" of Crimson Alliance available on XBLM for free -- you may think it's a pricing error on Microsoft's part -- but that's just how the game works. It's not actually the full game.

We knew that Crimson Alliance would be available either as an 800 point single-character pack or a 1,200 point download with all three; what we're just now learning on release day is how Microsoft is handling that.

The "full game" is available for free, presumably so everyone online is playing the same base game. But that free download only includes "trial characters," and warns the player upon character creation that "You are creating a Trial Character. Game content will be limited for this character." There are prompts ... everywhere to buy the characters for 800 points each.

This model of giving the game away for free, but severely limiting it, almost makes Crimson Alliance the first freemium game on XBLA, which already offers free trials for all games.

reference: JoyStiq
    Downloads : 69 || Uploads : 22 || Rep Power : 8221 || Posts : 2,733 || Thanks : 557 || Thanked 2,980 Times in 735 Posts

## If you don't Contribute || Help - Why should I Contribute || Help - Leechers Should not be helped ##

Extorris
    Array

Quote Originally Posted by pureIso View Post
    It may be thrilling to see the "full game" of Crimson Alliance available on XBLM for free -- you may think it's a pricing error on Microsoft's part -- but that's just how the game works. It's not actually the full game.

We knew that Crimson Alliance would be available either as an 800 point single-character pack or a 1,200 point download with all three; what we're just now learning on release day is how Microsoft is handling that.

The "full game" is available for free, presumably so everyone online is playing the same base game. But that free download only includes "trial characters," and warns the player upon character creation that "You are creating a Trial Character. Game content will be limited for this character." There are prompts ... everywhere to buy the characters for 800 points each.

This model of giving the game away for free, but severely limiting it, almost makes Crimson Alliance the first freemium game on XBLA, which already offers free trials for all games.

reference: JoyStiq
    Yeah...lol that's the catch XD

Hoshikage

Array

I was so happy for a minute "Wow can't wait, another diablo clone" and bam like a punch to the face....there's a catch!! S.O.B.
    Downloads : 69 || Uploads : 22 || Rep Power : 8221 || Posts : 2,733 || Thanks : 557 || Thanked 2,980 Times in 735 Posts

## If you don't Contribute || Help - Why should I Contribute || Help - Leechers Should not be helped ##

Extorris
    Array

Quote Originally Posted by pureIso View Post
    I was so happy for a minute "Wow can't wait, another diablo clone" and bam like a punch to the face....there's a catch!! S.O.B.
    Lol...well at least it's a Demo-Type game...greedy bastards lol, They should at least give us a free game every now and then, especially with the money we pay for their stuff.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Renegade For This Useful Post:

HydroBullet

Dam those sly dogs I was so happy when I saw this and then to find out this.

Gfx Artist
    Array

So its like Game Room and Pinball FX2. How many achievements can be attained without paying? I severely dislike this way of Releasing games.
    Downloads : 54 || Uploads : 1 || Rep Power : 4642 || Posts : 35 || Thanks : 21 || Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

R 3 7V

GoW3 Rank: 75 Seriously 3.0 Percent Complete: 54.60%
    I miss

JENGA MASTER SUPREME
    Emerald Lance

Array

In my opinion, it's a decent idea. It opens up more doors than a simple demo, while at the same time holding back some content to be paid for. Good marketing, if you ask me. The only thing they should differently is make the DLC visibly available in the Marketplace so that we know we're not getting the full experience, otherwise it makes them seems kinda untrustworthy.
    Downloads : 22 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 6813 || Posts : 1,834 || Thanks : 436 || Thanked 633 Times in 307 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SaiyanPrince302, commenting on how to become a Super Saiyan,
    "I know where these guys are going, but in all seriousness, just trying to imagine loved ones being killed almost never works. Be a man and travel into space and shoot at asteroids until you get yourself in an actual life threatening situation."
    --Gamefaqs.com