360haven works best with JavaScript enabled
Rage checksum fixer - Page 3
Register
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Crazy07

Re: Rage checksum fixer

I can consistently mod my save now but nothing ever actually does anything. BTW I'm just trying to mod my money and my race certificates. And I know the locations of the values but it seems that there just not sticking for some reason, any ideas?

Br0lly86

Ok... I'm one of the new people to Hex Editing, so how about you make a step by step tutorial on what to change & where to look to find what needs to be changed... Include pics for each step plz... Also include so hex-values for the money... Because I don't really know what I'm doing... Sorrry but like I said I'm new to Hex Editing...

Br0lly86

I just need to be directed in the right direction in the Hex Editor, I found the "inventory/currency/currency_unit"... So now I just need to know what to do now that I've found it... If anyone would help it'd be much appreciated... Also I will give "Thanks" with the "Thank" button...

Array

Quote Originally Posted by oscar193 View Post
    inventory.rage isn't compressed, you can open it in HxD, edit it and then fix the checksum. The only file you would need to decompress is the instance****.rage.
    Ok do I use the fixer on the decompressed file or the recompressed file, after editing?

Br0lly86

Quote Originally Posted by dorkusrex View Post
    Ok do I use the fixer on the decompressed file or the recompressed file, after editing?
    So do you know where to change values for the money? If so would you plz let me know

Array

Quote Originally Posted by Br0lly86 View Post
    So do you know where to change values for the money? If so would you plz let me know
    To find values write down total from game, use hexdecimal converter to convert that number from decimal to hex(hex workshop has a integrated one BASE CONVERTER IN TOOLS), then use serch function to find hex value near what you are looking for(i.e inventory/currency/currency_unit) then use converter to convert same way to get your new value and change to that then save and exit.

But I have yet to get a save to work I think you have to change money and cert. in the instance****.rage file for it to stick. And I cannot figure out how to fix that file because every time I edit it it won't load. Have tried using RESIGNER's app or Packzip/Offzip for compression/Decompression.

EDIT: Also has anyone noticed after selecting a save device the game says loading profile (now I know that could be just for settings) but could some data be in your profile? Just a suggestion.

Any suggestions from the PROS?
    Last edited by dorkusrex; 10-07-2011 at 05:33 PM.

Br0lly86

I don't have "HW"... I'm using "Hex Editor Neo"... I have "$385"... I have no idea what I'm doing

Array

Quote Originally Posted by Br0lly86 View Post
    I don't have "HW"... I'm using "Hex Editor Neo"... I have "$385"... I have no idea what I'm doing
    Search for hex value 00000181 that is hex for 385. But if you are editing the inventory file you are wasting your time, I have edited several values to no avail, No change. I believe everything is in the instance****.rage file and editing it so far only corrupts my save.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast