Dark Souls Modding Discussion Only! - Page 2
Register
Page 2 of 96 FirstFirst 123456712275277 ... LastLast
    JTAG/ RGH Pro
    Sephiroth

Array

Re: Dark Souls Modding Discussion Only!

Quote Originally Posted by NeoRizer View Post
    Can someone in here explain to me how to get the file size to stay at 8.5 and NOT fucking corrupt every time I hex it? I've followed the video tutorial and it's still not working. I'm using Modio 3.0 and Hexworkshop v6...so yeah, PLEASE HELP.
    It doesn't matter that the file size changes. I didn't watch the video... I'll look a it tomorrow and see if its done right. Extract the USER_DATA edit what u want then fix the checksum. Which can be done with Hexworkshop. Then replace the USER_DATA resign/hash and load up the save.

NeoRizer

Yeah I figured it out, it was Horizon that did it for me...don't ask why, I tried with several other programs and did the exact same things each time but Horizon was the only thing that worked for the rehash / resign thing. Thanks for the tips though.

Okay here's a real question...where is the inventory located in the hex file? I want to start modding the values of my consumable items...and if anyone knows the hex value for Dragon Scales...that would be mint because I wanna pimp that Drake Sword out hardcore right now.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to NeoRizer For This Useful Post:

Wisdom Sold Seperately

Array

I feel it's still worth mentioning it is much safer to use the UserData file as a reference while you hex the con itself, this way you don't give the programs a chance to screw up on replacing the file which is where it's most likely to go wrong.
    I have a save i con hex'd and the file structure is still 100% intact, I've been meaning to examine the save for more content but it's nice to know there are people covering that base.

As for the con editing i've been working on a proof of concept thats almost done but it met a limitation with what seems to be packageio in that it can't search the con for the md5 string because it appears to be too long, it can still look for a smaller string containing level and soul however. i might be able to cut it down a little and put in some verification but its a pretty big problem.

Haven Donator
    Array

Quote Originally Posted by Magnus Hydra View Post
    Can u trade the lord vessel? Can u post a save with it in it please.

you can't trade it since it's a quest item and even though I have the ability to travel, I don't have it in my inventory anymore.

EDIT: Also, after looking into it some more, it might mess up people's progress since there are certain events that can only be triggered before or after you have said item.

Array

Looking forward to your concept 8ball I guess a big part to would be is there anyway to get the smaller files back to their original size would save players who have gotten pretty far the chance to continue with out having to restart. I was taking a look into my inventory but that part of the fileseems all kinds of random I lack the skill to Identify on Item from the rest since its all so close together.

Scyphoza

Just saw this thread so ill repost
    In an effort to make things a bit easier iI'm Going to start making a list of values for items that Ive found. Im going to make a deprived then use my main which has alot of the items on him to start moving items over 1 at a time until i know what all of the items i have values are

1E90380000038C7A31405F01 should be 908 fire arrow

It occured to me that somewhere in that value might be whether its in the bottomless chest or not

Also to help navigte the items a bit easier since they are all clumped together all of then seem to end with 01 then 000000000000 is between each item
    If anyone wants to PM any items they may have already identified let me know itll spped things up once i have enough ill upload the list.

Haven Donator
    Array

that is not entirely true. Each item has a length of 1c. From my experience, if the item cant be dropped then it's id start with 4 but this could be coincidence so far.

I am building an item id list though so it should help some people. The list will be nowhere near complete for a long time.

Edit: Well i just found an interesting glitch, seems that armor burden stacks. Wonder if ring effects could stack this way.... *shifty eyes*

Edit2: I have a proper structure viewer for items. It seems that there is a shit load of space for items to be stored in the save. Seems the game lumps keys and everything else apart from each other. I will be releasing the structure file in a little bit after some testing.

Edit3: i added the structure file. Hopefully it will help some people. And yes i was lazy and didnt lable durrability.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by turk645; 10-08-2011 at 12:06 AM.

Haven Donator
    Array

I was getting the corrupt saves before when editing, using Horizon seemed to fix that. However, the save I'd been using for the past day or so suddenly stopped loading. Instead of corrupted though, it just says, "failed to load save". This was when I was dropping an item to trade for the crow (you need to quit/reload to have the items swapped out). Working fine.. then... failed to load. The only thing altered originally was souls. So, I've bought a bunch of spells/upgrades/items, but I didn't go crazy with leveling (went with a few miliion souls). Since the save was "normal" for the most part (no weird stats, just a bunch of souls), I'm somewhat perplexed why it would stop working/loading now. What would cause something like this to a previously working save (worked for over 24 hours).