360haven works best with JavaScript enabled
Dark Souls Modding Discussion Only! - Page 5
Register
Page 5 of 96 FirstFirst 1234567891015305580 ... LastLast
    Haven Donator
    Array

Re: Dark Souls Modding Discussion Only!

Every item I've tried has worked thus far.

I did the OP's swap of the sword hilt... for the Demon Hammer. Without pasting entire strings, I changed the digits on the category 40 stuff. I changed the digits on firebomb to soul arrow, result = 6 copies of soul arrow. I changed an undead soul to moonlight butterfly soul. That was with me just changing those 3-4 characters. The possibilities on weapon modding are intriguing, but I didn't know quite enough detail to tinker with that. I'm going to try speculatively adding things from where I imagine the sequence goes.

The bad news, much like my previously edited save, this one also became unloadable (not corrupt). The previous one's data file was completely missing (not even sure how or why that would happen). There's a "phantom save" there now (it shows the the portrait of the character who's save isn't even in the file anymore). I was thinking since this one was also not loading (not corrupt), that it also vanished, got deleted, or whatever's happening to these saves.

The first character (of the three), which was also edited.... still loaded. So, I decided to delete the save from the drive and start from scratch, see if it's more stable. I'll plug in some random values as soon as can accumulate some junk to "alter".

POLLO231

Quote Originally Posted by cowboy713 View Post
    Well through legitimate leveling 99 is the highest stats obtainable, not sure on level but I've heard it's 145. Do we know what the limit we can hex our stats and level to yet without causing any corruption?

Actually, i believe the level goes higher than 145. Each soul used on a stat raises your level by one. In Demon Souls the max level was 999.

Advertiser
    modder

Array

yeah i just spent some souls and im 345 now

Advertiser
    modder

Array

In terms of hexing stats it seems that you can put your stats past 99 but there doesn't seem to be nay actual affect past 99. Health and stamina are a different story though, I have each of mine at 10 or 100 million atm (can't remember tbh), basically making you invincible.

Scyphoza

The phantom save effect us a result of the visual data on the load screen that shows your saves is actually stored in user data 0a from what i can tell. so even if your save disapers it will still show as being there.

NeoRizer

Yeah I raised a bunch of my stats to 99 but 4 of them are still at 50 because it requires a ridiculous amount of souls to level past level 500. I think right now my guy is on like level 545 or something around there. I kept about 7 digits worth of souls so I could just buy things in the game without having to edit the save again.

I hope this corruption crap doesn't happen to me, I edited my stuff and played for like 6 or 7 hours straight yesterday making an insane amount of progress...I beat like three full areas and got all the treasure in them. Oh well, here's hoping things go well with the item editing because I'm about to give myself 99 of all those rare materials I just collected.

NeoRizer

Anyone know the value for the Titanite Slab? I have one but I didn't start editing my inventory till just now so I have no idea which string of 40 00 00 00 00 it is....you get one for killing the tutorial boss again after you revisit the tutorial area. (He's pretty tough btw)

Array

Start using that edit button please no need for the double post. So I'm very overwhelmed right now by the amount I have found I can't id it all going to need help if I plan on playing today >..>