360haven works best with JavaScript enabled
Dark Souls Modding Discussion Only! - Page 76
Page 76 of 96 FirstFirst ... 265166717273747576777879808186 ... LastLast
    Haven Donator

Array

Re: Dark Souls Modding Discussion Only!

Quote Originally Posted by wraith512 View Post
    So its working then?
    I guess...I lost count on how many times I item swap and modded my save.
    Downloads : 61 || Uploads : 6 || Rep Power : 6012 || Posts : 1,042 || Thanks : 121 || Thanked 124 Times in 93 Posts

Think about it! we consume, we reproduce, we spread, we infect, We're the real rats.

JTAG/ RGH Pro
    Sephiroth

Array

Turk said i should post this... I was board the other night
    http://gyazo.com/d301d777e51213a53031080444c656c6

VyutheX

yay if you find it i'll mary you :o

JTAG/ RGH Pro
    Sephiroth

Array

Quote Originally Posted by VyutheX View Post
    yay if you find it i'll mary you :o
    Find what lol?

VyutheX

The way to edit the respawn of bosses =D

Billy Bob Bean

1. Rest at a bonfire, then Quit the game.
    2. Extract your DRAKS0005 file from your USB.
    3. Open the DRAKS0005 file in Horizon or Modio and click the Contents tab.
    4. Extract the USER_DATA that your character is stored in, then close your DRAKS0005 file.
    5. Open both the USER_DATA and DRAKS0005 in Hex Workshop.
    6. Edit the USER_DATA first (DON'T FIX THE CHECKSUM YET).
    7. Go to your DRAKS0005 and Search for your characters name (make sure to click the Unicode String box).
    8. Make sure you find your name with your stats above the name (there should be 3 of your name in the DRAKS0005 file).
    9. Copy/Paste the edited info from USER_DATA to DRAKS0005.
    10. Go back to USER_DATA and copy the Checksum and search for it in the DRAKS0005 file.
    11. Calculate the Checksum of USER_DATA and replace the old Checksum in DRAKS0005 with the new one.
    12. Save, Rehash and Resign the save and replace it back on your USB (DON'T ADD THE USER_DATA BACK INTO THE DRAKS0005 FILE).

Could someone explain this better, please? I assume this was written to accompany the video which has now gone?

I'm just curious as to why I would need to edit USER_DATA at all if I'm just replacing a couple weapons and a useless key. I don't see the importance of searching for my name with the stats above it because...it isn't explained at all.

I'm just replacing two weapons with two different ones in my inventory and replacing a key with the repair box because they seem to break easy. My DRAKS000 file has 4-5 instances of one of the weapons I intend to replace and about 3 of the other. Do I replace them all or a specific one?

Other than that I'm fine with the rehashing, checksum generating etc. as I managed to get an unsuccessful hack to load first time round.

Array
    Twitter: @

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Bob Bean View Post
    4. Extract the USER_DATA that your character is stored in, then close your DRAKS0005 file.
    7. Go to your DRAKS0005 and Search for your characters name (make sure to click the Unicode String box).
    8. Make sure you find your name with your stats above the name (there should be 3 of your name in the DRAKS0005 file).
    10. Go back to USER_DATA and copy the Checksum and search for it in the DRAKS0005 file.
    11. Calculate the Checksum of USER_DATA and replace the old Checksum in DRAKS0005 with the new one.
    12. Save, Rehash and Resign the save and replace it back on your USB (DON'T ADD THE USER_DATA BACK INTO THE DRAKS0005 FILE).

Could someone explain this better, please? I assume this was written to accompany the video which has now gone?

I'm just curious as to why I would need to edit USER_DATA at all if I'm just replacing a couple weapons and a useless key. I don't see the importance of searching for my name with the stats above it because...it isn't explained at all.

I'm just replacing two weapons with two different ones in my inventory and replacing a key with the repair box because they seem to break easy. My DRAKS000 file has 4-5 instances of one of the weapons I intend to replace and about 3 of the other. Do I replace them all or a specific one?

Other than that I'm fine with the rehashing, checksum generating etc. as I managed to get an unsuccessful hack to load first time round.
    The reason you have to edit USER_DATA is because the save has a checksum. You cannot calculate a new checksum if you make changes to the DRAKS0005 file itself. You have to calculate the new checksum using the modified USER_DATA and paste that into the DRAKS0005 file (over the old checksum).

What I have found to be the easiest, safest way to modify my Dark Souls saves is to open the extracted USER_DATA and DRAKS0005 files in Hex Workshop and edit them SIMULTANEOUSLY, i.e., make a change in USER_DATA, make the same change in DRAKS0005. Once you've made all your changes, copy the original checksum in USER_DATA and search for it in DRAKS0005. Calculate the new checksum in USER_DATA and paste that over the original checksum in DRAKS0005. Save, rehash and resign your modified DRAKS0005, profit. I've never had a problem with borked saves, corrupted saves, non-working saves, etc. by doing it this way.

If you have 4-5 copies of the same item you are replacing you can replace one or all of them with something else. You don't have to replace every copy of the item.

EDIT: The reason you search for your name with the stats above it in the DRAKS0005 file is to find the correct location of your items in the DRAKS0005 file. This section is essentially what your extracted USER_DATA is.

Array

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Bob Bean View Post

This was never actually set up with a video, these instructions came later. You need your user data seperate in order to see which of the 4-5 instances you spoke of you want to tweak in your file. You also need to recalculate the checksum based on the user_data, no other way to do that. Whatever you currently think checksum generating is, you must be doing it incorrectly. Finding the current checksum from the user_data in the CON file gives you a lower bound for your edits (edit nothing below that in the CON. As for the name, find the name in your con that is just above the checksum you just found which has your stat info below it, this gives you an upper bound for your edits in the CON file.

Everything you edit is between these two searches in the CON, you can bookmark them or just keep track of the line numbers.

You use the USER_DATA as a guide to find what to change in the CON rather than trying to change the USER_DATA and injecting it back into the save since that causes your save to delete itself at random a few sessions down the line. It can also make your game not save anymore.

Note: sometimes, it is easier to replace an easy to find item rather than figuring out which one to hex. Meaning, I find 3 spots with a longsword, but only 1 spot with a bandit's dagger. It is actually easier to replace the dagger with a longsword+10 rather than changing one of the longswords to a +10.

As for better instructions than that, just flip to page 1 and start reading. That is how I know what I do.