360haven works best with JavaScript enabled
Dark Souls Modding Discussion Only! - Page 79
Page 79 of 96 FirstFirst ... 4295469747576777879808182838489 ... LastLast
    adexgold

Re: Dark Souls Modding Discussion Only!

i noticed when i was modding the inventory items, like changing the quantity and replacing the id's everything worked smoothly, untill i got rid of some of my items i didnt need, next time i went to edit the save and looked up the id for blackbomb in the userdata i started getting two instances and when i searched the con file i would find six instances of my name instead of 3 like i was suppose to before, still there is only one checksum for the userdata in the con file just dont know why its doubling my id's and name in the con file, is this normal and which id do i change if not both?

update: some reason it fixed itself when i made another character in the slot below said character
    Last edited by adexgold; 11-04-2011 at 07:59 AM.

Array
    Twitter: @

Quote Originally Posted by Pedantyc View Post
    Ah, I didn't realize you updated the sheet. I will kill my post then.
    No worries man. Sorry you wasted your time - it's not exactly a fast process to calculate those IDs.

Haven Donator
    Array

Is it possible to give a weapon a permanent effect, like say from Charcoal Pine Resin via Hex editing?

Aiya

I'm not sure if this is an error on my side, but I downloaded that spreadsheet and it's only showing me up to Priscilla's dagger and nothing after that. I'm going to feel stupid if it's something super easy as to why I can't see more.

Also on another note, I'm having real trouble adding hex to make a weapon +

IE...

tried to add 15 to get a Washing Pole +15 but it's giving me totally wrong numbers. I'm using hex assistant and not sure if how I'm adding is not taking well. Any help is appreciated, thanks.

Aiya

Quote Originally Posted by Furui mono View Post
    Is it possible to give a weapon a permanent effect, like say from Charcoal Pine Resin via Hex editing?
    I don't think this is possible. I tried to do that, with negative results. Basically it came down to just getting 99 of the resins to do it. Was hoping to do that or get a perm enchant for say, Sunlight weapon, but no go. At least I've not found it, so possibly it exists.

Array
    Twitter: @

Quote Originally Posted by Aiya View Post
    I'm not sure if this is an error on my side, but I downloaded that spreadsheet and it's only showing me up to Priscilla's dagger and nothing after that. I'm going to feel stupid if it's something super easy as to why I can't see more.

Also on another note, I'm having real trouble adding hex to make a weapon +

IE...

tried to add 15 to get a Washing Pole +15 but it's giving me totally wrong numbers. I'm using hex assistant and not sure if how I'm adding is not taking well. Any help is appreciated, thanks.
    Each group of weapons is on a different sheet in the spreadsheet. Look at the labled tabs at the bottom, i.e., Daggers, Short Swords, Long Swords, Great Swords, etc.

Base Washing Pole Hex ID is 0007A508. That is equal to 501000 in decimal. Add +15 to that = 501015. Convert 501015 to Hex = 0007A517. Done. It's eadier to add the +5, +10, +15 to the decimal and convert the result back to Hex than to try and add to the Hex IMO. I use this converter to convert from Hex to Dec and Dec to Hex. http://www.statman.info/conversions/hexadecimal.html

7. The Following User Says Thank You to mrjinglesusa For This Useful Post:

Aiya

Thanks so much man. I feel like a dork not looking at the bottom of that spreadsheet. Yeah, you're right, converting to decimal is much easier than doing to hex first. Thanks for that link btw.

loveundermytail

I can't get the Lord Vessel stuff to work at all. I've followed the instructions on the first page and I've replaced my keys and changed the one value to FF. I have tried this in my DRAKS0005 File which I've only gotten it to freeze at the loading screen after I select my character or just corrupt the save. I've even edited the USER_DATA File and injected that straight into my DRAKS0005 File as well.

I don't know how to add new items so I haven't tried that but any help or advice would be great.