Sony hacked again - 93,000 accounts compromised with bruteforce attack
Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Follow the Buzzards
    SterlingArcher

Array
    Twitter: @

Sony hacked again - 93,000 accounts compromised with bruteforce attack

credit goes to oHORIZONSo for letting me know about this.

Name:  Untitled.jpg
Views: 3772
Size:  127.4 KB

Sony has warned users against a massive bruteforce attack against PlayStation and Sony network accounts. The attack – which used password and user ID combinations from an unidentified third-party source – succeeded in compromising 60,000 PlayStation Network and 33,000 Sony Online Entertainment network accounts. These accounts have been locked and passwords reset.

The attack took place between October 7 and 10 and succeeded in matching valid sign-in IDs. According to a blog post by Philip Reitinger, Sony's Chief Information Security Officer, credit card details were not compromised.

Both the motive for the latest attack against Sony network users and the identity of the perpetrator(s) remains unclear. Sony shut down its PlayStation Network in April in the aftermath of a far more damaging hack attack. The service wasn't restored until a month later. Personal information on 77 million account-holders was exposed as a result of the April PlayStation hack. Details including names, addresses, passwords and purchase histories was exposed by the megahack.
    Downloads : 140 || Uploads : 4 || Rep Power : 8585 || Posts : 3,353 || Thanks : 1,204 || Thanked 1,445 Times in 637 Posts

Array

Re: Sony hacked again - 93,000 accounts compromised with bruteforce attack

Good i hate sony. I hope the hackers keep going till sony quits making consoles like sega did and were left with microsoft and nintendo for consoles.

Array

Quote Originally Posted by KlexKavark View Post
    Good i hate sony. I hope the hackers keep going till sony quits making consoles like sega did and were left with microsoft and nintendo for consoles.
    What makes you so pissed off at sony? I am personally a microsoft fan but sony makes amazing equipment. I hate haters like you who say "microsoft is soo much better cause i say so." It really pisses me off. How about you could've say this "I hate sony for the fact that they can't prevent accounts getting hacked all the time." That way you had a reasonable opinion, Instead of a trollish comment. I you for one want to start a flame war about microsoft verses sony then do it somewhere else. your kind is not tolerated around here. Good day sir.
    Downloads : 2 || Uploads : 5 || Rep Power : 4717 || Posts : 112 || Thanks : 37 || Thanked 24 Times in 17 Posts

"I am the hope of the universe. I am the answer to all living things that cry out for peace. I am protector of the innocent. I am the light in the darkness. I am truth. Ally to good! Nightmare to you!"
    — Goku as a Super Saiyan toward Frieza in "Explosion of Anger"

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Goku For This Useful Post:

The Immortal God
    Rpg_Fan

Array

cant believe this happened again, will have to check my account to make sure it wasnt hacked hopefully, Sony needs to gets things under control this is ridiculous, good info Sterling
    Downloads : 157 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 24462 || Posts : 18,751 || Thanks : 4,451 || Thanked 3,096 Times in 2,607 Posts

orpheum666

Sony has been going down for years! they used to make good electronics, but now everything sucks, lol might as well buy LG prouducts, they are basically the same!

Lifetime Stealth baby ;)
    Exiledone

Array

Good riddance i dont say sony deserves it but those asshole playstation fanboys sure do (not all people who play playstation though just the fanboys that say xbox sucks and waste money just to destroy an xbox or other console) kill off those idiot's accounts i say. Give them something to brag about now losers...
    Downloads : 183 || Uploads : 4 || Rep Power : 5443 || Posts : 521 || Thanks : 506 || Thanked 221 Times in 83 Posts

Thanks Original Boss your a beast!

Haven Donator
    360HAVEN

Array

Why won't these retarded hackers stop? This shit is getting hella annoying and old fast.

Whoever said he hopes they keep going needs to get their head checked. Like are you really asking for that stuff to happen to you? Cause I ain't trying to have that, man.

But that being said, I think I'm canceling and deleting my Sony account. probably not even get a PS3 anymore and fixing to sell my PSP. Some people just can't resist being wet blankets.

Array

This really sucks for Sony. They're are going to lose a lot of customers over this.

I wish the best of luck to them.
    Downloads : 17 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 4749 || Posts : 124 || Thanks : 100 || Thanked 20 Times in 18 Posts

Set Free The Devil Inside

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast