360haven works best with JavaScript enabled
Dungeon Defenders Compression Toolkit - Page 6
Register
Page 6 of 35 FirstFirst 12345678910111631 ... LastLast
    Haven Donator
    Array

Re: Dungeon Defenders Compression Toolkit

oh how do you do that? I'm sure that improves the weapon's stats, so I would like to do that

Advertiser
    modder

Array

identifying the upgrades isnt hard, just upgrade you weapon, load the save, upgrade again, load the save, shouldn't be that difficult to find a byte that changing slightly everytime.

Haven Donator
    Array

Quote Originally Posted by cowboy713 View Post
    identifying the upgrades isnt hard, just upgrade you weapon, load the save, upgrade again, load the save, shouldn't be that difficult to find a byte that changing slightly everytime.
    I haven't tried that yet. I will tomorrow. I just couldn't find specific stats easily and found upgrading on my own worked fine.

Quote Originally Posted by hi def meep View Post
    oh how do you do that? I'm sure that improves the weapon's stats, so I would like to do that
    I just search for 32 Bit Signed Long and put in the number of upgrades it has. Then it'll find the same bytes not too far from each other (assuming the weapon is maxed out). The first one is how many are in it already. The second is how many it has overall.
    Downloads : 0 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 4640 || Posts : 50 || Thanks : 9 || Thanked 109 Times in 10 Posts

Too many people have have added me.
    Message me on here first, then I'll give you my GT.

Reverse Engineer

Array

So it has come to my attention that when the savegame hit's a specific size (the compressed block) it's splitted into 2).

Working on an update.
    Downloads : 47 || Uploads : 4 || Rep Power : 5320 || Posts : 211 || Thanks : 71 || Thanked 737 Times in 108 Posts

If you feel like donating some bit coins, please do so to address "1DNcjKhrVTGnKTyQYbjx8yTRoenTSySeoP", if you are interested in other projects visit www.chipit.se or www.baeckstrom.com, thanks!

Advertiser
    modder

Array

just downloaded the new compression stuff and modded my save out. only did mana and character experience so far as a test but I'm going to begin working on item next so I should have an update on modifying items within the next hour or so.

edit: Ok so I i played around with a bunch of the weapon values and was unsuccessful in tweaking individual variables for a weapon. I think the information for how much a particular upgrade will increase damage for bone bow vs a regular crossbow is stored in the game info, i.e. 1 upgrade to bone damage is +10, 1 upgrade to crossbow damage adds +8, etc.. I did manage to locate the upgrade slots for the items however. If you're looking at your item in hex in the info panel it will have an name like "Hero_DLC_Sword_08" or something similar. Starting with the "H" in hero, going 57 bytes to the left I found the number representing the maximum number of upgrade slots. Moving another 35 bytes over I found the number indicating the current number of upgrade slots.

Now what I found interesting was he item I was testing with was previously 23/23 which made it easier to locate these values. I set the upgrade variables to 1/100 and the previous increases to damage and other aspects of the weapon are still showing as their previous values. Not sure if those will auto correct down when I upgrade it to a certain level or not so thats what I'll find out next. Otherwise you could upgrade an item to 100/100 and then hex it back down to 1/100 and exponentially increase your stats.
    Last edited by cowboy713; 11-02-2011 at 08:39 AM.

Haven Donator
    Array

To anyone who is using this and hasn't figured it out yet, stats stored for weapons/armor are found by adding 127 to the stat and then searching for an 8 bit unsigned byte.
    Good luck. Hope that helps people. I may make a tutorial later, though it won't be needed if idlehands makes a tool.
    If anyone needs help just PM me or respond on here.
    Downloads : 0 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 4640 || Posts : 50 || Thanks : 9 || Thanked 109 Times in 10 Posts

Haven Donator
    Array

Wow this is better than sliced bread. how fast do you guys thinks it will filtrate through the game community?

Haven Donator
    Array

Depends on how many people talk about it. I'd suggest keeping it quiet for a while. I'm not even playing public games. Just getting everything else done. =P

These are my directions on how to use Modio to get your save and extract everything. For modding, I will make another tutorial later.
    You make your Xbox thumbdrive. Move your save over to it.
    Then I suggest getting a tool called Modio for extracting the save from your drive.

Modio: Find on Game-Tuts. (just joined, don't know if I can post links)

Plug your thumb drive into your computer and open modio.
    Then on Modio you'll click "Explore a device".
    Then "File" > "Open/close drive".
    At this point it will show you your drive.
    If you move your profile, too, it'll tell you the name of the profile.
    Hit the plus on the left, then you should see "Dungeon Defenders".
    From there you hit the plus once more and you'll see "Game saves".
    Then click on that folder and drag & drop DunDefSave into a folder/on your desktop.
    I suggest putting it in the same folder as dd.exe (easier in the long run).
    After you have done that, you'll go back to Modio's main window and click "Open a save". Direct it to DunDefSave.
    Once it opens DunDefSave you will then click the "File contents" tab at the top.
    After that right-click "DunDefHeroes.dun" > "Extract file" and then put it in the same folder as your other things.

From here you will use dd.exe to decompress "DunDefHeroes.dun" into whatever file name you'd like to use, then mod that file and compress it back into "DunDefHeroes.dun".
    Last edited by godslam; 11-02-2011 at 03:28 PM.