360haven works best with JavaScript enabled
[Tutorial] Dungeon Defenders Item Modding Tutorial - Page 4
Register
Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
    GOKuCommander

Re: [Tutorial] Dungeon Defenders Item Modding Tutorial

Quote Originally Posted by Annelies View Post
    Thanks but it's too confusing. I decompressed the save and threw it in my HEX editor however, I have no idea what I'm supposed to being doing past that point. I'll just play the game the way it was meant to be played until a more simple method is found, if anyone decides to make a GUI.
    Ya I get to that point and I'm having lots of trouble.

bryanpt3

im not thanx to pynkz im perfecto at it

Rob462

I figured it how u need something like modio and when you open the save you goto file and in there is DunDefHero.dun then you right click and extract it to your desktop

Inactive Member
    Array

how do you decompressed your save i have dd.exe but when i open it get closed right away can someone help me plz

Haven Donator
    Array

Quote Originally Posted by bryanpt3 View Post
    im not thanx to pynkz im perfecto at it
    Thank me then. =P

Quote Originally Posted by Rob462 View Post
    I figured it how u need something like modio and when you open the save you goto file and in there is DunDefHero.dun then you right click and extract it to your desktop
    I stated this in previous posts.

Quote Originally Posted by greatdwolf View Post
    how do you decompressed your save i have dd.exe but when i open it get closed right away can someone help me plz
    It tells you how to in the readme.txt file.

Open a command prompt window.
    Most easily done by hitting Windows key+R and then typing "cmd" into it.

To decompress:
    <path to file>\dd.exe -d <path to file>\DunDefHeroes.dun <path to file>\save.decompressed

To compress:
    <path to file>\dd.exe -c <path to file>\save.decompressed <path to file>\DunDefHeroes.dun

<path to file> is the file path leading to each of those files.

This is the easiest tutorial I can make. I've been helping people with this stuff for the past three days. I'm losing tons of time having to explain this over and over again.
    Downloads : 0 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 4656 || Posts : 50 || Thanks : 9 || Thanked 109 Times in 10 Posts

Too many people have have added me.
    Message me on here first, then I'll give you my GT.

xSFx Kronos

I don't have a JTAG, nor any modding software that is downloadable on my comp, so can someone help me out and get me some awesome modded weapons? Thanks guys! GT: MLGxShadowGod55

senatorgleason

Hey guys, I just located the location of "Ranged Damage" (specifically for the monk's weapon, I guess. it's the 8 digit (4 byte?) chunk between Range and Clip Size. Refer to IdleHands' picture for the specific location.

@Idlehands... perhaps you want to update your pic?

some other things i've noticed is that for Additional Projectiles, it's probably best NOT to go past +10 because I was just testing +17 and the game would (slightly lag) on EVERY shot.

the unused string of numbers between "color" and "max upgrade level" seems to vary between each piece of equipment, perhaps it is an identifier for the individual item so as to prevent duping? I can't be bothered to investigate further.

I am still curious as to the function of the string between "item size" & "current upgrade level". it always seems to be 3f8000.

i would also like to know more about the string between "current upgrade level" & "range" it always seems to be 00000000

last but not least, "item size" seems to range between 3f103a8c (super tiny) up to 4006d40a (xbox huge) i am not sure of any limit, but i would have to assume 3f000000 would be the smallest, but I have no clue what the biggest would be, so, for the sake of argument, i'll say the range is 3f000000 to 40000000

i hope this bit of information proves useful.

oh, and also, Idlehands, could you PM me your huntress' current weapon stats?

[edit]: Tested & confirmed working for "Ranged Damage". Monk is dealing approx 3mil DPS with the secondary ranged attack.

+10 additional projectiles still seems to make the game "twitch" slightly if casted while in motion it seems. I guess at that point it would be a matter of whether or not it bothered you. A point to note, is that only +4 (total 5) projectiles seem to be visible, although the primary shot (the one going straight down the middle) seems to be a little bit beefier.

Belcher

Found one of your saves on modio someone got hold of it and made the weapon items ridiculous. Your right when you say this is an enjoyable game thanks for the saves just needed some mana lol.

Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast