360haven works best with JavaScript enabled
Psp won't play certain games anymore
Register
    ThatBenderGuy

Psp won't play certain games anymore

I was hoping I could get some help on the matter. My psp just randomly started giving out. I mainly play MHFU(Monster Hunter Freedom Unite) but for some reason it won't load anymore. Whenever I put the UMD in my psp It just sits at the home screen trying to load it then after like 30 minutes it gives up and says "can't read game" I know its not the game itself because it has no scratches. But when I put in the umd started game thing it loads that just fine. Any ideas?

News Reporter

Array

Re: Psp won't play certain games anymore

Cant say as I have much experience with PSP's but the first thing I would do is try the game on another PSP and see if it works. Failing that maybe the laser reader on the console is giving out, my 360 was doing a similar thing several months back, some games worked fine, others just wouldn't load at all and I need a new disc drive in the end.
    Downloads : 26 || Uploads : 10 || Rep Power : 7285 || Posts : 2,321 || Thanks : 269 || Thanked 615 Times in 419 Posts

JENGA MASTER SUPREME
    Emerald Lance

Array

If the disk is clean and scratchless, I'd venture to say your PSP's laser is giving out. Of course, it could be any number of things with the disk drive, but chances are it's the laser. Like Longy said, try playing a different game and see if it doesn't work either.

Sadly, if it is a hardware issue, there really isn't much that can be done for it. You'd have to either pay to get it fixed (can be expensive) or buy a new one.
    Downloads : 22 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 6803 || Posts : 1,834 || Thanks : 436 || Thanked 633 Times in 307 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SaiyanPrince302, commenting on how to become a Super Saiyan,
    "I know where these guys are going, but in all seriousness, just trying to imagine loved ones being killed almost never works. Be a man and travel into space and shoot at asteroids until you get yourself in an actual life threatening situation."
    --Gamefaqs.com

Oxi Clean

same here please and thanks to any info